Cloke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

james rose
Club Player

Cloke

Forget for a second that we probably won't be able to get him.

IF we could, do you believe it would elevate our team back into contention? Personally as much as I dislike the guy I think he could.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cloke

Of course he would but so would Ablett, Cochin and Judd. But I doubt we could get all 4. maybe 2 of them.

james rose
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Of course he would but so would Ablett, Cochin and Judd. But I doubt we could get all 4. maybe 2 of them.
I usually find your posts somewhat amusing but I think you're being a little extreme in your piss take here.

None of us know what we have left in the salary cap. Rumours are circulating that we have offered Goddard upwards of 600k over 3 years. Its not impossible we could offer Cloke a bit more than that if we lost BJ. Although we would have to offer Cloke 4 or 5 years.

I thought it was a debatable question which could spark some actual discussion.

But never mind.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Of course he would but so would Ablett, Cochin and Judd. But I doubt we could get all 4. maybe 2 of them.
I usually find your posts somewhat amusing but I think you're being a little extreme in your piss take here.

None of us know what we have left in the salary cap. Rumours are circulating that we have offered Goddard upwards of 600k over 3 years. Its not impossible we could offer Cloke a bit more than that if we lost BJ. Although we would have to offer Cloke 4 or 5 years.

But never mind.

Sorry about that but we have no hope of getting him. He would make a huge difference though.

james rose
Club Player

What about Q Lynch? Cheaper but not as high a standard obviously.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:What about Q Lynch? Cheaper but not as high a standard obviously.

Well it depends where you think the club is at. Personally I wouldnt look at recruiting anyone over the age of about 25/26.

battye
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:

But never mind.
But Goddard is better than Cloke. It would be gut wrenching to see us offer a worse player more money at the expense of a club legend.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
james rose wrote:

But never mind.
But Goddard is better than Cloke. It would be gut wrenching to see us offer a worse player more money at the expense of a club legend.

Tell us you are taking the piss.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cloke is a frustrating bloke because he like Rooey marks like a machine but kicks like a mule at times. Goddard does have elite skills but Cloke wins because his value to the team is higher because he is a key forward. On his day he regularly wins matches by himself.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Cool. Two outta' four is fine by me Pluggs. :D

Without hestitation I'll take Cochin and Tragic Joke please... not so interested Gablett, and soooooo not interested in Capt KFC whose footballing trajectory is clearly downwards now IMHO. That said I wouldn't be too unhappy with Pendlebury or Tippet or Tomahawk in place of Traj.

Anyway, just get us who you think is best Pluggs.

How soon can you organise it for us? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
battye
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
battye wrote:
james rose wrote:I usually find your posts somewhat amusing but I think you're being a little extreme in your piss take here.

But never mind.

Please tell me that you are.

Riewoldt got 47 goals from 19 games, Milne got 56 from 22. That's two that had a better goals-per-game output from St Kilda alone, than Cloke who got 50 from 23.

Put Goddard at full forward for 20 games and I wouldn't be surprised if he got up around the 45-50 goal mark either.

And you would want Cloke why?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
andrewg
Club Player

Cloke nope

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

goddard FF I'd love it...if we could keep him there....with Rhys, Roo, Saad, Milne and Schneider or Siposs....one of the most dangerous fwd lines in the league

Nee!
saint6709
Club Player

We need a ruck and backman brute - cloke might not get a game in our forward line

Richter
SS Life Member

No to Cloke.

We have one gun key forward in Rooey and he has a couple of years at least left. We need a potential replacement for Rooey eg a young key forward prospect who is either a teeanger or in his early 20s.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
battye wrote:

Please tell me that you are.

Riewoldt got 47 goals from 19 games, Milne got 56 from 22. That's two that had a better goals-per-game output from St Kilda alone, than Cloke who got 50 from 23.

Put Goddard at full forward for 20 games and I wouldn't be surprised if he got up around the 45-50 goal mark either.

And you would want Cloke why?

We cant get Cloke as I have already said but he would be great at any club including ours. Clearly taken the most contested marks this year and in an ordinary year. Kicks consistantly 50 goals a year or close to it. Lead up forward who would work fantastic with Rooy. And much more important than a HBF who receives the ball.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:goddard FF I'd love it...if we could keep him there....with Rhys, Roo, Saad, Milne and Schneider or Siposs....one of the most dangerous fwd lines in the league
goddard played forward against gws and didn't do particularly well. he's played forward quite a number of times in his career without a massive amount of success. what makes you think he'd be so dangerous as a forward?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Like Goddard, Cloke is yet to prove he is not a downhill skier. He has had one decent year and that was when everyone on his team that is important to a FF was having a blinder.

Again like Goddard, I'd have him in our team, but for the right price, especially because we need a FF.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't want Cloke, regardless of how good he is.

I know it's ridiculous, but I'm superstitious of Collingwood players joining our club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Salary cap aside - but hell yeah. Throw Cloke in any team hovering around the 8 and he will make a big difference. If you are taking marks inside 50 or at least making contests you are at an advantage.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Like Goddard, Cloke is yet to prove he is not a downhill skier. He has had one decent year and that was when everyone on his team that is important to a FF was having a blinder.

Again like Goddard, I'd have him in our team, but for the right price, especially because we need a FF.
Well you dont have to look too far to show he isnt a downhill skiier. He just played very well in a losing side in a final 5 days ago.....

I dont think BJ is either. Has got us back in contention from losing sports on a few occasions...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Like Goddard, Cloke is yet to prove he is not a downhill skier. He has had one decent year and that was when everyone on his team that is important to a FF was having a blinder.

Well you dont have to look too far to show he isnt a downhill skiier. He just played very well in a losing side in a final 5 days ago.....

I dont think BJ is either. Has got us back in contention from losing sports on a few occasions...
I can't believe you are going to use Clokes last game as a defence of how good he is. You sound like all the other Eddie controlled media muppets that were so quick to say he was back. First of all what's his name had a shocker for the hawks and secondly even Scarlet would have had trouble that night with the way the ball was coming in because of the Hawks modified structure (due to injury). Cloke is overrated.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Would be in the top three key forwards in the comp. Of course I would have him at the Saints however I would prefer we spread the salary cap around on youth across the park.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Biggest hack in the afl so overated isnt worth what he is wanting! 5 Million! you muppett!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I reckon that wherever Cloke goes, no matter what club, he will absolutely root their list.

Five years at near a mil a year..... Pffft

The club will be raped by free agency and non ability to retain decent players.

Let him stay at the filth or go to carlton. They can have the over inflated cabbage...and the old man.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....