Josh Caddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Caddy

On the local radio news this rave, it said that Caddy was definitely leaving - the Suns were disappointed but wished him the best.
Then it said that he is talking to us and Geelong

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Yes Caddy is in a position to make demands. He does not have to accept any trade.
There may be clubs he doesn't wish to go to for what ever reason.
The Suns cannot force him to accept a trade but he seems to be trying to do the best thing by the club so may go to ever they request.
He wants to get back to Melbourne but he may not just go to which ever club offers the best deal.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Lets make it clear, he practically quit the club

It's a highest bid wins.....Pelchen has a good history of getting trades done

just look at the Saad, Milera deal last year

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Offering pick 12 plus player (not sure who).
All depends on this...

If that 'plus player' is Raph, or similar calibre, go for it... If its a Dal, then it'd be the same as losing BJ...

I'd be shattered to lose Dal, or BJ for that matter...

For the record, from what I've seen of Toy, he will struggle to make it...

Is this our Raph who played about 3 games this year. He has no value at all. Why do people think clubs are dumb.

Even though he isn't in our plans doesn't mean he has no value, Guerra had no value to us, Wakelin no value. Possibly they have seen he would fit a role they want covered and will take him as the icing in the deal on two players one who is going home and one being pretty much delisted subtly. He missed a full preseason and a heap of early footy, other clubs aren't internet morons with chips on their shoulders about a run down 3 years ago. They are getting a first round pick for a player drafted with a first round pick. Toy is struggling up there and is looking like not making it there. What value does he have to us?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
All depends on this...

If that 'plus player' is Raph, or similar calibre, go for it... If its a Dal, then it'd be the same as losing BJ...

Is this our Raph who played about 3 games this year. He has no value at all. Why do people think clubs are dumb.

Even though he isn't in our plans doesn't mean he has no value, Guerra had no value to us, Wakelin no value. Possibly they have seen he would fit a role they want covered and will take him as the icing in the deal on two players one who is going home and one being pretty much delisted subtly. He missed a full preseason and a heap of early footy, other clubs aren't internet morons with chips on their shoulders about a run down 3 years ago. They are getting a first round pick for a player drafted with a first round pick. Toy is struggling up there and is looking like not making it there. What value does he have to us?

Toy has no value to us either.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Toy has no value to us either.
Rubbish. Toy is still a very realistic chance to not just become an AFL player, but a gun AFL player.

We're talking about a bloke who, had he not been pre-selected by the Suns, was a potential #1 draft pick.

It's no secret that to date he has been a major disappointment, but to say he offers nothing is unrealistic. A change of environment and a bit of luck and he could become a genuine gun, or if not, a serviceable AFL player.

I for one, would love to have Toy on our list as he is basically a free hit at gaining a quality player. It may not come off (ala Jesse Smith), but it may, and if it does I would hope that St Kilda is the beneficiary and not another club.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:[

Rubbish. Toy is still a very realistic chance to not just become an AFL player, but a gun AFL player.

We're talking about a bloke who, had he not been pre-selected by the Suns, was a potential #1 draft pick.

It's no secret that to date he has been a major disappointment, but to say he offers nothing is unrealistic. A change of environment and a bit of luck and he could become a genuine gun, or if not, a serviceable AFL player.

I for one, would love to have Toy on our list as he is basically a free hit at gaining a quality player. It may not come off (ala Jesse Smith), but it may, and if it does I would hope that St Kilda is the beneficiary and not another club.

I actually agree, he might just need a bit of time, he may not be Goddard mark 2 but could still be a pretty handy pick up - I was just pointing out to Plugger that Raphs value in comparison isn't so bad. Raph doesn't seem to be in our forward planning but could still offer plenty to a new team, at least Toy has age on his side and might just need to be closer to home.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Toy then could be like in the schnider / dempster deal then. Back then nbody rated dempster. Now possible AA.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Rubbish. Toy is still a very realistic chance to not just become an AFL player, but a gun AFL player.

"potential number one draft pick" means about as much as getting 90-odd in your VCE - it matters for only about a week and then all of a sudden no one cares ever again.
#1GILL wrote:I for one, would love to have Toy on our list as he is basically a free hit at gaining a quality player.
it's only a "free hit" if it costs you nothing. more likely it would cost us a decent draft pick, so then you'd have to measure him against the player we would have got at pick (say) 20-odd.

i know nothing about toy, but picking him up isn't without risk.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ya reckon Raph & Peake would get him over the line?

:shock:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Offering pick 12 plus player (not sure who).
All depends on this...

I don't think clubs are dumb. I was just using Raph as an example as he'd been mentioned several times before..

And to illustrate the point that we shouldn't use players like Dal/BJ to get deals done, as it robs Peter to pay Paul.. Perhaps a Ray or Schnides is more likely..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think Armo would be their preference as he's able to give Ablett time out of the centre, he's a local, can play in and under and is already established but young enough to be there in 8 years time still.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I see no sense in pumping games into and then trading Armo to basically start again with Caddy..surely the idea is to BUILD a stockpile of young talent..not trade like for like?

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

I wouldn't even give away our no 1 pick for Caddy let alone Armo. Everyone's gone a little Caddy crazy....yes he's got talent but still pretty unproven. I'd like to know what we would be losing at 12.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I wouldn't even give away our no 1 pick for Caddy let alone Armo. Everyone's gone a little Caddy crazy....yes he's got talent but still pretty unproven. I'd like to know what we would be losing at 12.
pick 12 would get us a kid with talent who is definitely unproven. i'm not sure why you'd think that's so much better than caddy?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think Armo would be their preference as he's able to give Ablett time out of the centre, he's a local, can play in and under and is already established but young enough to be there in 8 years time still.

He is a local what. He would still be nearly 2 hours from home when living on the GC. Its like saying a Matthew Brown is a local at Brisbane.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:I think Armo would be their preference as he's able to give Ablett time out of the centre, he's a local, can play in and under and is already established but young enough to be there in 8 years time still.

He is a local what. He would still be nearly 2 hours from home when living on the GC. Its like saying a Matthew Brown is a local at Brisbane.
Or a Josh Caddy is a local at Geelong? :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Re Armo: My understanding is that his home is Mackay in Nq. His family is still there and this is where he goes in the off season. He relocated to bris and stayed with Gavin urquarts family for footy reasons only and this may have only been for a few years. IMO he is more of a local now of Seaford than the GC.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

GC def want to do a trade and not have him go into the draft...that is obvious. Also i have heard that they have made it clear they are not interested in BJ. (Not saying we put it forward but ive been told they have said no interest).

Will we get it done? I am not sure...my guys aren't giving me heaps of confidence. Think there is actually a bit more media around St Kilda on this one than fact..

#1 Ryder fan
PJ
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
PJ wrote:I wouldn't even give away our no 1 pick for Caddy let alone Armo. Everyone's gone a little Caddy crazy....yes he's got talent but still pretty unproven. I'd like to know what we would be losing at 12.
pick 12 would get us a kid with talent who is definitely unproven. i'm not sure why you'd think that's so much better than caddy?
I didn't say the pick would be so much better...I just said make comparisons before you just automatically give the pick away. Caddy was pick 7 in a compromised draft effectively making him a much lower draft pick. He's had a little time in a very inexperienced team...why would you automatically jump to gain his services.....what are our needs? could we get a highly rated KPP? If Goddard doesn't go are we prepared to risk our only high selesction for him?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I didn't say the pick would be so much better...I just said make comparisons before you just automatically give the pick away. Caddy was pick 7 in a compromised draft effectively making him a much lower draft pick. He's had a little time in a very inexperienced team...why would you automatically jump to gain his services.....what are our needs? could we get a highly rated KPP? If Goddard doesn't go are we prepared to risk our only high selesction for him?
if goddard doesnt sign we get the pick after our current pick so its 13.... that means we have 2 pics.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Would i
t help to trade for a caddy to keep bj as it would help his golf game.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I would rather be 2 hours than interstate if i was playing, he is a queenslander, would love to be in something other than melbourne winters I bet, has the added bonus from a marketing perspective for GC. All I'm saying is he is the one they will ask for in my opinion, I'm hoping he stays and we offer up Raph who could also add something to them and apparently they have shown some interest. I spent time as a kid living in Northern NSW and still would love to live closer to the warm weather.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Would i
t help to trade for a caddy to keep bj as it would help his golf game.
No you didn't

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

If I were pelchen I would be targeting Melbourne as a club. Isn't there a young ruckmen down there who has told them he wants out?!

#1 Ryder fan