Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

Mitch35 wrote:Was looking at the list today, what will happen with CJ? Could we be offering him and Winmar (another WA boy) up to trade to Freo? What would we want from Freo though...
Muzungu
Fyfe
Barlow
Maybe that ruckman they have thats failing to get games

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Don't think Freo would be interested in either CJ or Winmar ... If CJ goes it will be to a team that is struggling as he will help them draw even in midfield battles .. GWS GC Port or even Melb would benefit from a reliable Tagger who can take the comps best mids .... Winmar would more than likely be playing WAFL if he is let go ... Maybe just maybe he would get a rookie spot at freo but I doubt it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
Mitch35 wrote:Was looking at the list today, what will happen with CJ? Could we be offering him and Winmar (another WA boy) up to trade to Freo? What would we want from Freo though...
Muzungu
Fyfe
Barlow
Surely your taking the pi55 Fyfe and Barlow are untouchable we would have to give dal and BJ for one of them .. Muzugu is also not going to be moved for less then a first round pick ... As for Zac Clarke I doubt Ross would trade hit to us why would he want to strengthen a team that was only two games behind his this year .. Why would he want to fix our obvious weakness if a trade were to happen he would only allow it if it was heavily in his teams favour ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Of all clubs, why would the Tiges want BJ?
you need to get over attachments to players especially ones that a good chance to leave...you will only get let down and hurt in the end..it's not worth it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
Muzungu
Fyfe
Barlow
Surely your taking the pi55 Fyfe and Barlow are untouchable we would have to give dal and BJ for one of them .. Muzugu is also not going to be moved for less then a first round pick ... As for Zac Clarke I doubt Ross would trade hit to us why would he want to strengthen a team that was only two games behind his this year .. Why would he want to fix our obvious weakness if a trade were to happen he would only allow it if it was heavily in his teams favour ...
the question was what would we want from freo im only helping out :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:Of all clubs, why would the Tiges want BJ?
you need to get over attachments to players especially ones that a good chance to leave...you will only get let down and hurt in the end..it's not worth it.
Thought it was a genuine question, I don't see how they need him.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

It's hard to know with CJ, we are either trying to fix his kicking (if that is possible), in hope he can become a more attacking midfielder rather than a tagger, or he will be traded/delisted.

I'm sure Ross Lyon would be keen to snag CJ at Freo if he was up for trade, what we get in return is unknown..Alex Silvagni?

Sainter for life.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

CJ has little currency. We'd likely get a very late pick in return.

noob
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
Muzungu
Fyfe
Barlow
Let Luke Ball go away to a team that was only a couple of games behind us :P

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I've heard/read somewhere that Broughton wants out, we could do worse than pick up Broughton in a player swap. Zac Clarke and Broughton would be the only two I would consider if it was a Freo player, maybe Griffin for a backup Ruck but why would he want to come over as a backup ruck?!

Fyfe = too expensive and pretty much untouchable unless its a trade for BJ which wouldn't happen with FA.
Barlow = poor disposal, gets it a lot but butchers it
Mzungu = avg disposal, just a GOP

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote: Broughton rumour - there's a new one. A possession accumulating half back that gets killed under Rossy for playing a tight tag. Not his style - probably hating his footy? Relatively young and can play mid.
Did you just make this rumour up or is there something behind it?
Because I can't see him wanting to move to Victoria as he is a local WA lad....his father is from NZ though 8-) 8-)
St Trav floated the rumour at the bottom of page one. I was just giving my two cents.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:
Am not sure sure about Caddy. He's promised a lot but delivered little. Granted he's only just starting his career but I feel that some think he's a lot better then his actually is. His potential, well that's speculative but he hasn't started his career like some of the gun midfielders in the competition.
Harsh on Caddy. I've only seen him play 3 or 4 times this year, and he's been outstanding. According to the BF G Coast board, he is predicted to be top 5 in their B & F.
His first season he only played one game I think, with groin surgery and a stress fracture in his foot.

Fine if you don't rate him, but at least check some background first, maybe cut him some slack...
I did acknowledge that he's just starting his career (cutting slack). I've seen him play also, so what if my background checking doesn't include BigFooty. BigFooty is not gospel. He probably will finish in the top 5 B&F but look at the team he's in. He's ok but relative to many other first or second year players, I simply think he's a bit over-hyped.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:
Am not sure sure about Caddy. He's promised a lot but delivered little. Granted he's only just starting his career but I feel that some think he's a lot better then his actually is. His potential, well that's speculative but he hasn't started his career like some of the gun midfielders in the competition.
Harsh on Caddy. I've only seen him play 3 or 4 times this year, and he's been outstanding. According to the BF G Coast board, he is predicted to be top 5 in their B & F.
His first season he only played one game I think, with groin surgery and a stress fracture in his foot.

Fine if you don't rate him, but at least check some background first, maybe cut him some slack...
I did acknowledge that he's just starting his career (cutting slack). I've seen him play also, so what if my background checking doesn't include BigFooty. BigFooty is not gospel. He probably will finish in the top 5 B&F but look at the team he's in. He's ok but relative to many other first or second year players, I simply think he's a bit over-hyped.

I thought Brendon goddard was over hyped for the first 3 or 4 years, Adam Cooney took a couple, Half of Geelongs legendary GF barnstormers looked like they might be fairly ordinary early on. There is a danger in calling them early.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

[/quote]

I thought Brendon goddard was over hyped for the first 3 or 4 years, Adam Cooney took a couple, Half of Geelongs legendary GF barnstormers looked like they might be fairly ordinary early on. There is a danger in calling them early.[/quote]

In my original thread I stated that his potential is speculative. I never called him anything early other than based on what I've seen and I just think his value is overhyped. In fact I got so sucked in by his hype, that I had him in my fantasy footy teams at round 1 before some prompt trading out :lol: He may well turn out to be a gun? Who's to know?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Latest doing rounds on BF is saints sniffing around John Giles ruck from GWS - dont know much bout him but hes not happy with his offer apparently.

“Yeah….nah””
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

SaintWodonga wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Personally I'd much rather see BJ in yellow & black than red & black... their pick 9 would do nicely!
I don't think we would get their pick. They give up nothing (except money) it's the AFL who gives us a pick.
You obviously missed the part where I said that we can only trade BJ if we match a free agent offer that he receives.

He then can be traded as per previous years.

I don't mind Warnock but not sure he suits our needs. The cheats will be having a fire sale though in order to fit Cloke in so maybe theyre happy to cover 50% of his salary.

This next month will be unbearable with rumors & crap being spread. Another 2 weeks til the Gf, then 3 weeks of free agency & trades.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Latest doing rounds on BF is saints sniffing around John Giles ruck from GWS - dont know much bout him but hes not happy with his offer apparently.

If a deal could be done I would gladly grab Giles! One of the better GWS BOYS all year.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Scoop
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
dragit wrote:The idea of a guy who has a 3 year deal worth 400K PA at a club on the rise, agreeing to be traded to a rebuilding side for minimum wage is one of the most insane concepts I have heard, why would he agree to that?

Carlton would want at least a 3rd round pick for him too I'd imagine.
Agree it is very out there as far as rumours go. Probably just from a SEN listening Blues supporter who isn't a fan and knows we'd love a backup ruckman!

Whoever said it, Hickey is the one to watch, but would take a lot to get a promising Queensland young ruckman away from Gold Coast...
Maybe.....then again, maybe not.... :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote: Broughton rumour - there's a new one. A possession accumulating half back that gets killed under Rossy for playing a tight tag. Not his style - probably hating his footy? Relatively young and can play mid.
Did you just make this rumour up or is there something behind it?
Because I can't see him wanting to move to Victoria as he is a local WA lad....his father is from NZ though 8-) 8-)
St Trav floated the rumour at the bottom of page one. I was just giving my two cents.
I've heard he has been enquired about from two Victorian teams one is rumoured to be St Kilda ...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Ralphy wrote: Surely your taking the pi55 Fyfe and Barlow are untouchable we would have to give dal and BJ for one of them .. Muzugu is also not going to be moved for less then a first round pick ... As for Zac Clarke I doubt Ross would trade hit to us why would he want to strengthen a team that was only two games behind his this year .. Why would he want to fix our obvious weakness if a trade were to happen he would only allow it if it was heavily in his teams favour ...
Let Luke Ball go away to a team that was only a couple of games behind us :P
The reason we got nothing for Ball was because Ross didn't want to strengthen collingwood .. Again I feel Ross was happy for Luke to go to Melbourne for nothing .. It blew up in our face because Luke declared he only wanted to be at Collingwood ... Unfortunatly I can't remember the last player to come out and say they wanted to come to St Kilda only

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: ... Unfortunatly I can't remember the last player to come out and say they wanted to come to St Kilda only
Dave McNamara in 1913. :wink:

Had to stand outta' footy for a year to achieve it...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Rumour as fact. BJ signed with the dons today.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Rumour as fact. BJ signed with the dons today.
Source? Proof?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
matrix
Saintsational Legend

and we got nothing?
yeah?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Rumour as fact. BJ signed with the dons today.
If so, is that legal?