Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: Rumour Thread

dragit wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Pav and plugger are taking the p1ss relax
Yep it's amazing how many people get sucked in.

Embarrassing really.
Why is it embarrassing? I'm not.
I don't know about you but I get embarrassed watching/reading people get sucked in by something that is obviously a pisstake.

Bit like the feeling I get when I watch shows like The Office.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Bombers deal is a pretty genuine possibility… although it may not be done yet…
Some people on here are actually connected to the club… so you never really know.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:The Bombers deal is a pretty genuine possibility… although it may not be done yet…
Some people on here are actually connected to the club… so you never really know.
I think thats a good chance to, and you are correct, some posters seem to either have connections within the club or they they they just seem to be very accurate with there predictions.

I love this club
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Stillwaiting wrote:
dragit wrote:The Bombers deal is a pretty genuine possibility… although it may not be done yet…
I think thats a good chance to, and you are correct, some posters seem to either have connections within the club or they they they just seem to be very accurate with there predictions.
Personally I don't BJ will be at the Saints next year, but he cannot have signed with any other club at the moment.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Personally I don't BJ will be at the Saints next year, but he cannot have signed with any other club at the moment.
His signature would be a mere formality, if all the offers have come in, he would have a pretty good idea where he'll be next year.
One would assume that if he was staying with us, it wouldn't be too hard to announce it about now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Personally I don't BJ will be at the Saints next year, but he cannot have signed with any other club at the moment.
His signature would be a mere formality.
Perhaps so. But (assuming for a moment it's true) there's a few weeks to go and the lack of ink on paper means there's still ample time for either BJ, the Saints or the new club to have a change of heart.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
His signature would be a mere formality, if all the offers have come in, he would have a pretty good idea where he'll be next year.
One would assume that if he was staying with us, it wouldn't be too hard to announce it about now.
Thats the way I see it, he would know what offers will be on the table, If he was staying it would have been done and announced by now.

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
dragit wrote:
Thats the way I see it, he would know what offers will be on the table, If he was staying it would have been done and announced by now.
What if he genuinely doesn't know yet?
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Fri 14 Sep 2012 1:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

You wouldn't make an announcement until you have the offer in front of you to sign .. BJwouldhave verbal offers but nothing on paper until the free agency window opens ... The verbal offers may differ greatly to the actual sign here contract so I highly doubt BJ would make any announcement either way until he has a physical contract to sign .. Again against the rules to do this before the free agency window... I reckon BJ will be the first to announce his plans once the window opens

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:What if he he genuinely doesn't know yet?
He would know if he was going to stay. If the club and his management have been in discussions for potentially 6 months, so he would have a pretty good idea of the terms on offer, and would know if he was happy to accept those terms. Of course he knows he could get more elsewhere, buy 95% of professional sportspeople are in the same boat.

Sadly, the longer it goes on, the less likely he is to stay IMO....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
He would know if he was going to stay. If the club and his management have been in discussions for potentially 6 months, so he would have a pretty good idea of the terms on offer, and would know if he was happy to accept those terms. Of course he knows he could get more elsewhere, buy 95% of professional sportspeople are in the same boat.

We're all guessing though.

Let's say he was pretty sure he was going to stay, based on what the Club has offered and what he believes is on offer elsewhere, but wants to wait till the window opens in case a new "mega offer" emerges from somewhere. What I'm saying is that any current offers from rival clubs may not be enough to tempt him but, having come this far, he may want to be certain about it all.

I mean, aren't we expected to believe that Lyon was set to re-sign and that Freo's "mega offer" materialized at the last moment?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Chris wrote:

We're all guessing though.

Let's say he was pretty sure he was going to stay, based on what the Club has offered and what he believes is on offer elsewhere, but wants to wait till the window opens in case a new "mega offer" emerges from somewhere. What I'm saying is that any current offers from rival clubs may not be enough to tempt him but, having come this far, he may want to be certain about it all.

I mean, aren't we expected to believe that Lyon was set to re-sign and that Freo's "mega offer" materialized at the last moment?
Stop making sense Doc

I love this club
suss
Club Player

This doesn't make sense to me but i hear essendon are sounding out Dal. Not sure why they would given Goddard could go as a free agent but it came from a media contact. Take it as you will.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

suss wrote:This doesn't make sense to me but i hear essendon are sounding out Dal. Not sure why they would given Goddard could go as a free agent but it came from a media contact. Take it as you will.
Dal is contracted for next season so unless we trade him he won't be leaving. Pelchen must have a massive rebuild plan if we were to trade Dal.

Sainter for life.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:This doesn't make sense to me but i hear essendon are sounding out Dal. Not sure why they would given Goddard could go as a free agent but it came from a media contact. Take it as you will.
Makes perfect sense to me - the know Dal can win his own ball and his foot skills/decision making is sublime IMO his decision making is better than Goddards.

Id take an inside/outside mid who uses it and creates brilliantly over an outside utility who has good foot skills but cant win his own ball anyday.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Makes perfect sense to me - the know Dal can win his own ball and his foot skills/decision making is sublime IMO his decision making is better than Goddards.

Id take an inside/outside mid who uses it and creates brilliantly over an outside utility who has good foot skills but cant win his own ball anyday.
I suppose suss is simply referring to giving up nothing to get a star as opposed to giving up plenty to get a star. Regardless of your assessment of Goddard vs Dal Santo.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I suppose suss is simply referring to giving up nothing to get a star as opposed to giving up plenty to get a star. Regardless of your assessment of Goddard vs Dal Santo.
Even so, if giving up something means player A meets a need while player B doesnt but chews up 750k......it still makes sense to me.

You dont accumulate players purely cause you get them for no trade...surely.

“Yeah….nah””
saintsfreak
Club Player

Dal's a free agent next year

The Freak
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsfreak wrote:Dal's a free agent next year
so wait till next year?

“Yeah….nah””
saintsfreak
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
saintsfreak wrote:Dal's a free agent next year
so wait till next year?
That's what I'd assume they're doing.

The Freak
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Would probably be the best thing for our next challenge in 2019, pick 12 & 13 this year, picks 5 & 6 in 2013. maybe a top 3 pick in 2014… Then we rise again with another group of guns.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Goddard is all but gone IMO. Would be very surprised if he stays. I hope he is taken as a free agent by Gold coast and we get pick 13, then we swap Raph or CJ for Josh Caddy. (Very unlikely given GC hasn't been mentioned)

Nee!
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Raph Clarke to Hawthorn as a free agent
I think there will be a bit of interest in Raph, to play in a different position though...Thinline alluded the other day that the Suns may have interest in playing him forward of centre as well.
I don't know why we haven't tried him forward of centre.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Stanley to Adelaide......I don't think so, would only take a first rounder/ one of their mids

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Stanley to Adelaide......I don't think so, would only take a first rounder/ one of their mids
Why would we do that?

Let's just spend 4 season on a player and then trade him for another pick, therefore the continual circle continues of never actually going anywhere.