darling a huge mistake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

Re: darling a huge mistake

Sam Fisher at 50 something in the draft. Siposs at 70 odd. You win some, you lose some.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Fairy godmother gives us a free agency pick
one of
_Darling
_Reid(collingwood)
-Mullet from Adelaide
Which one do we take?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Let's be honest had we drafted him he would be wanting to head home about now ... Reason why he was overlooked by everyone but west coast was due to the way he interviewed at the draft camp .. Rumour is WCE spoke to him about how to act to build on the "troubled player" line ... All he ever wanted was to be an eagle so he "tanked" all the interviews .. And let's be honest given the scandal of Lovett we were not going to take any risks at all
First I heard of that, very interesting. I thought Essendon were the only ones who did that! So pick him up and cop a Gunston/Caddy situation. No thanks
Pavlich did the same in his draft interviews back in the day .. He basically told the recruiters if he was taken by anyone but the Crows he would leave once his first contract was up .. Freo called his bluff and picked him anyway then went all out to keep him happy over the journey to want to stay ... Honestly though not a hard sell to convince a bloke that living in freo near the beach is better the living in the city of churches ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Fairy godmother gives us a free agency pick
one of
_Darling
_Reid(collingwood)
-Mullet from Adelaide
Which one do we take?
Reid .. He would be a massive boost to our side ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
stinger wrote:i suppose that's just one more in a long line of offensive posts by my stalker...keep it up ..i guess that's probably the reason why you no longer host saints players on behalf of the club...they discovered you were mentally unstable eh???
Don't start you old coot.

You are still pissed off that a former forumite banged your precious daughter.
Don't know the history of this, but that is a really low comment
yep.....and it's just plain crap.....but then plugga reckons he was banging my missus..also crap....because neither of them know who i am or even what suburb i live in.....and both of them appear to have gotten away with being pretty low.....

the redeemer has had several reincarnations.....and that was even one of them..."reincarnation" that is.....usually gets himself banned after a while.....plugga seems to lead a charmed life.....he seems to be able to stalk and insult pple and their families with impunity.... tell you a story though....

after his comment about my wife last year , he chickened out on a function we both won tickets off mr magic for, as he was scared she was going to have a piece of him..... :roll: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yep.....and it's just plain crap.....but then plugga reckons he was banging my missus..also crap....because neither of them know who i am or even what suburb i live in.....and both of them appear to have gotten away with being pretty low.....
"gotten away with"? for f***'s sake, you're as bad as ray hadley. why do you need protection from internet heroes? you know they don't know who you are, so what do you care?

nanny state bulls***.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

For anyone who hasn't read it, Emma Quayle from before his draft:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... 17vwe.html

To summarise, Darling didn't have a particularly good championships, he didn't have ideal KPF size and he had quite an ordinary season off the field. James Sellar would have been in people's minds. John Butcher's first season at Port wasn't very good either. Those were the two famous sliders in the years preceeding Darling.

Everyone bar Collingwood passed on him at least once. Gold Coast passed on him eight times. They had plenty of people who knew him well. West Coast took him with their second pick with a bonus pick. If he blew up, they had another selection three picks later. Our second pick wasn't until 43 and we'd blown our first pick the year before on Lovett. Nobody was talking about us needing a tall forward anyway with Roo, Kosi, Stanley, Tom Lynch and Tommy Walsh at the club either.

With two years of hindsight, yeah - mistake. I don't have a problem with the club passing on a player for character issues though. There's always other good kids out there. Cripps looks like a keeper.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Don't know the history of this, but that is a really low comment
yep.....and it's just plain crap.....but then plugga reckons he was banging my missus..also crap....because neither of them know who i am or even what suburb i live in.....and both of them appear to have gotten away with being pretty low.....

the redeemer has had several reincarnations.....and that was even one of them..."reincarnation" that is.....usually gets himself banned after a while.....plugga seems to lead a charmed life.....he seems to be able to stalk and insult pple and their families with impunity.... tell you a story though....

after his comment about my wife last year , he chickened out on a function we both won tickets off mr magic for, as he was scared she was going to have a piece of him..... :roll: :twisted:

What the f*** are you talking about you loe life piece of cleaning.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: What the f*** are you talking about you loe life piece of cleaning.
The goose has no idea. The people who used your tickets reliably tell me the cleaner didn't turn up either.

So you reckon you banged stingers wife did you? Can I see that post? Does it exist at all?

I know stinger brought my family into a post , but shame on you P66 for saying you had sexual relations with someones wife :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: What the f*** are you talking about you loe life piece of cleaning.
The goose has no idea. The people who used your tickets reliably tell me the cleaner didn't turn up either.

So you reckon you banged stingers wife did you? Can I see that post? Does it exist at all?

I know stinger brought my family into a post , but shame on you P66 for saying you had sexual relations with someones wife :wink:

I aint a snob but I dont bang cleaners wives. They usually stink because of their husband. In this case the lady had no hope.

Saintersss
Club Player

I remember draft day I was hoping and praying he would fall to our pick and when he did I couldn't believe my luck. Unfortunately we didn't pick him, but hopefully Cripps can blossom into a great player.
doggerel wrote:Sam Fisher at 50 something in the draft. Siposs at 70 odd. You win some, you lose some.
I think it's a little different to those as Darling was rated extremely highly and could have potentially been taken with the top 10, but slipped.

But, I'm not sure why people keep harping on about it. It's over, we didn't pick him, move on.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Who gives a Shyte?

We have Pelchen now. It's his second crack at trading/drafting. Last year we all agree we did much better.

Watters came on board at the time of the draft last year and had no prep time. This time he has had a year.

Get excited about our best prep and staff for trading and drafting probably ever you silly old goat!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PJ
SS Life Member

Quite possibly the worst thread ever

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Grown men. Awesome.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If you can't change things then forget about it.

Clearly some people in this world can only be happy by being unhappy. :roll:

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Saintersss wrote:I remember draft day I was hoping and praying he would fall to our pick and when he did I couldn't believe my luck. Unfortunately we didn't pick him, but hopefully Cripps can blossom into a great player.
doggerel wrote:Sam Fisher at 50 something in the draft. Siposs at 70 odd. You win some, you lose some.
I think it's a little different to those as Darling was rated extremely highly and could have potentially been taken with the top 10, but slipped.

But, I'm not sure why people keep harping on about it. It's over, we didn't pick him, move on.
Mitch Grigg was considered top 5 last year but had attitude problems, didnt go til 40s or 50s. Is yet to play a game. In two years if he comes good will we winge we missed him. Zorko was overlooked by everyone for 4 years! Sam Gibson 10 years!!

On a side note, if I was so upset over certain things said about my family, I wouldn't randomly cowardly bring it up in a thread about Darling. Screams of attention seeking, for a man old enough to have a daughter old enough to sleep with forumites, I would say grow up and be the bigger man as if someone has never had a lend of you grow the hell up!!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:yep.....and it's just plain crap.....but then plugga reckons he was banging my missus..also crap....because neither of them know who i am or even what suburb i live in.....and both of them appear to have gotten away with being pretty low.....
"gotten away with"? for f***'s sake, you're as bad as ray hadley. why do you need protection from internet heroes? you know they don't know who you are, so what do you care?

nanny state bulls***.
...i said gotton away with being pretty low....they are still on here...creeps, both of them....but you're right...i haven't lost any sleep over either of them.....

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

What if what if what if, hey what if Dernmot Brereton lived a couple of kilometres down the road, he would have been zoned to St.Kilda.
Unless you can build a time machine, travel back and change history, what's the point in being upset about it.
It happened, it's over, move on, the only draft we should be worrying about is the one that is about to happen.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Let's be honest had we drafted him he would be wanting to head home about now ... Reason why he was overlooked by everyone but west coast was due to the way he interviewed at the draft camp .. Rumour is WCE spoke to him about how to act to build on the "troubled player" line ... All he ever wanted was to be an eagle so he "tanked" all the interviews .. And let's be honest given the scandal of Lovett we were not going to take any risks at all
First I heard of that, very interesting. I thought Essendon were the only ones who did that! So pick him up and cop a Gunston/Caddy situation. No thanks
there was a report about something like that in the papers recently....said he came on a bit strong to some of the questioning.....gave an answer saying..."i'd knock you out"..put down more to his aggressive nature on the field than anything else...

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
stinger wrote:i suppose that's just one more in a long line of offensive posts by my stalker...keep it up ..i guess that's probably the reason why you no longer host saints players on behalf of the club...they discovered you were mentally unstable eh???

well seeing that original post was made by you and got you banned if i remember correctly, i have a mind to report you...only you are not worth the effort......and also
seeing that you are full of s*** as nobody on here knows any of my daughters... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
well I don't know either of you but that comment from redeemer is totally unacceptable

mods .... act on it please

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:well I don't know either of you but that comment from redeemer is totally unacceptable

mods .... act on it please
what rule would that fall foul of? being a dick? if there were rules against being a dick, there'd only be three people left on this entire forum. how about everyone grows a thicker skin and doesn't sook about stupid comments which vaguely insult them? see yesterday's violence in sydney for an example of what happens when people are too easily offended.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what a fantastic thread
the old firm banging on about something that has no relevance to the thread what so ever but lets compare the size of our cocks for the world to see

hahahahaha

keep it up
its a complete laugh for everyone else
banged his wife :roll:
lol

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66"][quote="stinger"][quote="Stillwaiting"][quote="The Redeemer"]

You are still pissed off that a former forumite banged your precious daughter.[/quote]

Don't know the history of this, but that is a really low comment[/quote]

after his comment about my wife last year , he chickened out on a function we both won tickets off mr magic for, as he was scared she was going to have a piece of him..... :roll: :twisted:[/quote]

What the f*** are you talking about you loe life piece of cleaning.[/quote]
Says it all, doesn't it? At the risk of invoking Joe the cameraman, "Can't spell, can't write......... Stop making him look even more stupid than he already is, Stinger, you loe life piece of cleaning! :roll: :mrgreen:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I arrived late to this thread. Who banged who? Did I get any action? I hope so.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
stevie wrote:Last person I called 'darling' was pregnant 20 seconds later...

at least you can make me laugh stevie..... :wink: :D
No worries, stinger. That's why God...or maybe Allah...or Mohammed... well, whoever the control freak is who runs this universe, put me here.

They told me I could be a funny prick, and love the Beatles, but the catch was I had to follow St.Kilda.

I said, 'yeah, f*** it, that'll do me'.