Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

jimmy_slats wrote:id take Salopek if he came on the cheap..
I hope we don't, we really don't need any more late 20's midfielders, let alone one who has struggled for fitness and form in the SANFL. Would potentially just take away midfield time for our young guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Teflon wrote:That's really disappointing if so but it may explain why he wasn't given many games?
And still unsigned....But so is Cripps.

Well from what I had heard both Ledger and Cripps were feeling home sick and I'm not liking the fact that they are both unsigned!

Well I heard Cripps was unsigned because he wanted to wait until the end of the year. No idea about Ledger.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So is Cripps signed or not?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So is Cripps signed or not?

I dont think so.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

would you give up cripps and ledger for zac clark and a second rounder

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:would you give up cripps and ledger for zac clark and a second rounder
Yes however Freo wouldn't be stupid enough

sax
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:would you give up cripps and ledger for zac clark and a second rounder
Yes however Freo wouldn't be stupid enough

You never know with Ross!

He gave Collingwood Luke Ball for nothing!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
jimmy_slats
Club Player

zac clark out of favor plus Ross was a very vocal supporter of ledger and cripps so id say we would have the barganing power on our side as if they droped into the draft there is no way he could pick both of them up

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
paddy
Club Player

I would be surprised if we lost ANY of our young players.... They know they are a real chance under scotty.... not to mention they get to learn from some of the great midfielders of the competition...

Why would they choose to move to a club to work under a coach who has a proven record of not developing youth??

I know they might wanna go home, but from twitter etc, i really get the feeling that the young boys are very tight knit...

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Hobgoblin wrote:BJ will be playing in Victoria next year. Won't be staying with the saints though
Thanks for that Hobgoblin… batting well so far…

Hobgoblin » Sat 21 Jan 2012 10:55am
Hobgoblin wrote:GWS have apparently signed McEvoy.
Hobgoblin » Tue 27 Sep 2011 11:32am
Hobgoblin wrote:Dal traded to GWS.
Hobgoblin » Mon 03 Oct 2011 1:45pm
Hobgoblin wrote:Welcome to st Kilda chris judd
Hobgoblin lists Essendon as team supported on Big Footy :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

aussiethunder reckons Cripps is on the trade table to secure an unknown player from one of the WA clubs. He says he got that info from multiple sources and it's a mutual agreement with club and Cripps. Neither are forcing each others hand. He's usually pretty much spot on with his info.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

im not hugly worried about losing cripps and or ledger as we have a pretty decent lot of young mids coming through and add to that possibly caddy carnt see them getting a s*** load of game time next year if this year is anything to go on at the selection table.
lets just hope for a good outcome with what is coming back out way as in my opinion we have to many mids and no where near enough key possie players and also not much to trade with

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:aussiethunder reckons Cripps is on the trade table to secure an unknown player from one of the WA clubs. He says he got that info from multiple sources and it's a mutual agreement with club and Cripps. Neither are forcing each others hand. He's usually pretty much spot on with his info.
Mitch Brown, Greg Broughton, Koby Stevens or Z Clarke/Griffin maybe if we cant get Hickey. I would not be shattered if we got those guys. I like those young Saints lads but elite kicking isnt something they possess, both have serious trade value. I would cope with Cripps/Ledger for Brown/Stevens.

If we lose these boys, one would think we will make a serious play for Caddy/Toy who are similar age and would both potentially leapfrog our two.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Koby Stevens is better than Tom Ledger and Broughton is better than Cripps

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:zac clark out of favor plus Ross was a very vocal supporter of ledger and cripps so id say we would have the barganing power on our side as if they droped into the draft there is no way he could pick both of them up
I want Zac Clarke, I reckon he would be a good fit...

Could be anything, extremely athletic, knows how to kick a goal.

He just needs to feel like he is wanted, IMO.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think Freo will give up Clarke but if they do it might be to GWS in return for a mini draft pick.

defacto
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:zac clark out of favor plus Ross was a very vocal supporter of ledger and cripps so id say we would have the barganing power on our side as if they droped into the draft there is no way he could pick both of them up

never mind that he cant play

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Losing Cripps especially would be a disaster as he is one of the few potential guns we have already with some development in them. Ledger will be very good and worth persisting with. They would want to get some very good trades to happen to make it favourable to us. They are your potential Kennedy Mc Glynn type trades.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

kennedy is going a bit far...

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Cripps and ledger are going no where ... Honestly this time of year brings out all the homesick stories ... Let's look at it this way west coast would not fit either boys in their midfield so they would both be playing WAFL Freo also would also struggle to fit them both in the best 22 so why would the boys want to leave an AFL club where they both have good mates at just to head off and play WAFL ??? Both boys will be at st Kilda neither are homesick

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
SainterK wrote:

never mind that he cant play
You reckon?

You're from WA aren't you defacto? So probably seen more of him than me.

For mine, appears to me to have immense talent, but in nowhere land at the moment under Ross. Kepler/Griffen all being rotated through as well as or instead of him.

15 games this year, 13 goals 13 behinds, averages 3 tackles a game....young rising star nomination in 2011.

From Victoria, so coming home may settle him down....I think he could be moulded into something

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Cripps and ledger are going no where ... Honestly this time of year brings out all the homesick stories ... Let's look at it this way west coast would not fit either boys in their midfield so they would both be playing WAFL Freo also would also struggle to fit them both in the best 22 so why would the boys want to leave an AFL club where they both have good mates at just to head off and play WAFL ??? Both boys will be at st Kilda neither are homesick
Is this your gut feel trav or do you know this for certain?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:two blokes that Ross loves and we could manage a pretty decent deal out of them?? sad to see them go but id be very open to the possibility of a trade with either of the west teams although id say only Freo would show interest.
I thought Ross didnt love any young players?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Playing in the VFL not love to you?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:aussiethunder reckons Cripps is on the trade table to secure an unknown player from one of the WA clubs. He says he got that info from multiple sources and it's a mutual agreement with club and Cripps. Neither are forcing each others hand. He's usually pretty much spot on with his info.
I would be happy to trade Cripps for a player that better suits our needs. I'm not sure where Cripps fits in at AFL level - he's quickish and his skills are ok, but he's never going to be a brilliant, damaging outside runner like Jetta at Sydney. He's too short to permanently play either forward or in defence and too slight to play midfield. With some time in the gym and improved composure he could make an ok Brett Peake 2011-style wingman, but if we could snare a ruck or tall defender for him I'd take it in an instant.