Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Rumour Thread

mad saint guy wrote:
Old Mate wrote:aussiethunder reckons Cripps is on the trade table to secure an unknown player from one of the WA clubs. He says he got that info from multiple sources and it's a mutual agreement with club and Cripps. Neither are forcing each others hand. He's usually pretty much spot on with his info.
I would be happy to trade Cripps for a player that better suits our needs. I'm not sure where Cripps fits in at AFL level - he's quickish and his skills are ok, but he's never going to be a brilliant, damaging outside runner like Jetta at Sydney. He's too short to permanently play either forward or in defence and too slight to play midfield. With some time in the gym and improved composure he could make an ok Brett Peake 2011-style wingman, but if we could snare a ruck or tall defender for him I'd take it in an instant.
Some youngens are impressive when they get possession like Siposs and Newnes however Cripps has done literally nothing to fill me with any kind of confidence that we will get a B grade player out of him.

Apart from popping up for cheap goals I have no idea what he actually does on the field.

Whilst Newnes also showed bugger all, about 10 raking left foot kicks have displayed enough talent to hold me over.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

He's pretty injury prone isn't he?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Cripps and ledger are going no where ... Honestly this time of year brings out all the homesick stories ... Let's look at it this way west coast would not fit either boys in their midfield so they would both be playing WAFL Freo also would also struggle to fit them both in the best 22 so why would the boys want to leave an AFL club where they both have good mates at just to head off and play WAFL ??? Both boys will be at st Kilda neither are homesick
Is this your gut feel trav or do you know this for certain?
I'm not privy to inside info so it's a gut feel but also looking at the WA clubs lists I can't see either team jumping to sign up Cripps orLedger as any priority

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I think it's pretty poor form the way some people turn on player based on a rumour ... 5 days ago people were posting how excited they were to see more of Cripps and ledger next year then bam on baseless rumour and it's all talk about not impressing and being at best a B grader ... Poor form honestly

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
battye
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't like to see Cripps go. He's proven to be about a one-goal-a-game player (even as a sub) and his skills look good. Very promising I reckon and it would be a shame to let him go.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I think it's pretty poor form the way some people turn on player based on a rumour ... 5 days ago people were posting how excited they were to see more of Cripps and ledger next year then bam on baseless rumour and it's all talk about not impressing and being at best a B grader ... Poor form honestly

Truer words could not be written. Some people on here amaze me. By the time he goes he will be worst player to put on our jumper and was spreading diabetes throughout the club.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I think it's pretty poor form the way some people turn on player based on a rumour ... 5 days ago people were posting how excited they were to see more of Cripps and ledger next year then bam on baseless rumour and it's all talk about not impressing and being at best a B grader ... Poor form honestly

Truer words could not be written. Some people on here amaze me. By the time he goes he will be worst player to put on our jumper and was spreading diabetes throughout the club.
Quite true, fickle bunch us supporters are!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

All clubs fans are fickle - its really only about your next flag so anything that remotely looks like a step towards that is justified by fans as worth it.

If retiring Hayes meant we could secure Buddy people would jump on it so to be surprised cause people quickly move on from a young player who has done little thus far shouldn't surprise.

I think the trap fans fall into is the "other grass always greener" with respect to moving players on..... not everything we do at the trade table will be an upgrade.... these are big decisions and especially big when you gave pumped development into younger players....hope we get it right but it's why Pelchens co get the big bucks

“Yeah….nah””
defacto
Club Player

+1 each had better years to the year previously. Very excited about the prospect of playing cripps closer to goal for a
full year

jimmy_slats
Club Player

we are not jumping on them and saying there s*** were just saying if it is true and they want to go home then we would like the best outcome for our team.
I for one would love them to stay but from a list point of view i see them as our best opportunity to trade for some of the players we need to challenge for a flag again.

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
jimmy_slats
Club Player

remember this is a rumour thread we are all talking hypothetically

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

If it means we lose Cripps to pick up a full back eg Mitch Brown then then it is a win for everyone involved ! If the want to throw Koby Stevens in to sweeten the deal then that also would be great !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if we can afford to add someone named 'Koby' to the list, we already have Jarryn, Arryn, Rhys, Warrick & Darren. :shock: ...friggin' grouse bunch of top blokes but.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Yes we dearly need a full back and rucks however Cripps' value to our current team and future cannot be understated, he's one of the few quick, outside mids on our list. He's showed enough to suggest he's going to be part of our best 22 in the coming years. We can focus on KPP's and Rucks without trading Cripps. Stupid move if we move him on IMO.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I thought I'd start the annual Chris Knights rumour based on this article.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6481370909

Free agent who wants to leave. Injury prone? Is 26, too old for where we're at? Can turn it on. Maybe he needs a change? Is he a player who could be invigorated by a move to the Saints? Where would he play and who would he replace if he was to get a game?

sax
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Yes we dearly need a full back and rucks however Cripps' value to our current team and future cannot be understated, he's one of the few quick, outside mids on our list. He's showed enough to suggest he's going to be part of our best 22 in the coming years. We can focus on KPP's and Rucks without trading Cripps. Stupid move if we move him on IMO.
Not sure if we'll have much choice!

If he wants to go home, he wants to go home!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Yes we dearly need a full back and rucks however Cripps' value to our current team and future cannot be understated, he's one of the few quick, outside mids on our list. He's showed enough to suggest he's going to be part of our best 22 in the coming years. We can focus on KPP's and Rucks without trading Cripps. Stupid move if we move him on IMO.

My understanding is he doesn't want to head home however is open to the idea as St Kilda are targeting a WA player and will use Cripps as trade bait.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:kennedy is going a bit far...
Kennedy was nothing at the Hawks probably showed less than Cripps and look now, Sydney got a few years of development thrown in and now have a superstar mid. Selling off guys like Cripps and Ledger when we have a huge hole in players 22 to 26 years old seems like stupidity. We are rebuilding from the ground up if they go. Zac Clarke is just a taller version of Cripps, same point in their career neither cementing a spot. He might come good but may not. Cripps has bulked up heaps and has pace and skill why would they drop him. I hope we get over the WA thing there are players outside of the WAFL.

Oh well I guess we will pick up Tom Lee with pick 12. I hope we get my man Rodda at least- that's if Jaksche is already gone.

defacto
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
sax wrote:

My understanding is he doesn't want to head home however is open to the idea as St Kilda are targeting a WA player and will use Cripps as trade bait.
name the player

gringo
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote: name the player

Unless it's Shuey, Gaff or Fyfe they can get F$#@ed.

shmic_s
Club Player

defacto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
sax wrote: Not sure if we'll have much choice!

name the player
My guesses: Mitch Brown or Koby Stevens

Broughton was another one I have heard mentioned.

Take it with a grain of salt though.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Ben Jacobs anybody? first round pick from 2010 and from sandy said to following his missus back to melbs....

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
busso mick
Club Player

gringo wrote:
defacto wrote: name the player

Unless it's Shuey, Gaff or Fyfe they can get F$#@ed.
Who does F$#@ed play for ?

jimmy_slats
Club Player

gold coast i think??

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
name the player
No idea mate just going off what aussiethunder has said. He's usually reliable with this sort of stuff.

At a guess I'd say a full back or ruckman would be part of the trade.