Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

jimmy_slats wrote:Ben Jacobs anybody? first round pick from 2010 and from sandy said to following his missus back to melbs....

I'd give him a crack- he looks a player from his junior stats and would be a pretty good get. They would want a fair bit for him you would think though.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

says he wants to leave and could walk out if they dont agree for free so ya never know might be able to get a bargain if we are lucky

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
sax
Club Player

gringo wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:Ben Jacobs anybody? first round pick from 2010 and from sandy said to following his missus back to melbs....

I'd give him a crack- he looks a player from his junior stats and would be a pretty good get. They would want a fair bit for him you would think though.
I said the same thing!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77983

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
gringo wrote:

I said the same thing!

Good spot. I can't remember anything about the kid but must have been a pretty decent player from the look of his stats. If we could get him in a deal similar to the Tom Lynch one I'd be very happy.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Was a Geelong support, they've been after everyone surely they'll have a go at Jacobs as well.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
defacto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
My understanding is he doesn't want to head home however is open to the idea as St Kilda are targeting a WA player and will use Cripps as trade bait.
name the player
My guesses: Mitch Brown or Koby Stevens

Broughton was another one I have heard mentioned.

Take it with a grain of salt though.
Let's think this through ... Firstly why would west coast trade Mitch Brown a key back with big value to a number of clubs for Jamie Cripps who in all honesty would struggle to break into the WCE team ? Brown is contracted so there is no need for WCE to trade him especially when they consider Glass may very well be on his last year in 2013 ... As for koby Stevens he is a good player no mistake but in all honesty he is not that much better then Cripps is so really it would be a case of change for the sake of change and again why would west coast want to trade a player like Koby for another a player who wouldnt be in their best 22 ? Especially when other clubs would give up draft picks for him (what west coast will really be chasing) ... Cripps worth more to st Kilda and for his career is best off staying at St Kilda where he looks like getting a game

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
shmic_s
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Let's think this through ... Firstly why would west coast trade Mitch Brown a key back with big value to a number of clubs for Jamie Cripps who in all honesty would struggle to break into the WCE team ? Brown is contracted so there is no need for WCE to trade him especially when they consider Glass may very well be on his last year in 2013 ... As for koby Stevens he is a good player no mistake but in all honesty he is not that much better then Cripps is so really it would be a case of change for the sake of change and again why would west coast want to trade a player like Koby for another a player who wouldnt be in their best 22 ? Especially when other clubs would give up draft picks for him (what west coast will really be chasing) ... Cripps worth more to st Kilda and for his career is best off staying at St Kilda where he looks like getting a game
Oh I agree with you. I want Cripps to stay with St Kilda, think the kid has shown plenty and would hate to loose him.
Ledger I don't see why eveyone is so excited, but can see that he does have some upside.
Hate to see any St Kilda player leave. Didn't realise that Mitch Brown was contracted.
Koby Stevens for Ledger. Maybe could happen if both players really want to return home.

Should have given it more thought, but i didn't. Would be a pretty boring forum if everyone thought things through before posting, plugger would be out of a job.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt though.
Let's think this through ... Firstly why would west coast trade Mitch Brown a key back with big value to a number of clubs for Jamie Cripps who in all honesty would struggle to break into the WCE team ? Brown is contracted so there is no need for WCE to trade him especially when they consider Glass may very well be on his last year in 2013 ... As for koby Stevens he is a good player no mistake but in all honesty he is not that much better then Cripps is so really it would be a case of change for the sake of change and again why would west coast want to trade a player like Koby for another a player who wouldnt be in their best 22 ? Especially when other clubs would give up draft picks for him (what west coast will really be chasing) ... Cripps worth more to st Kilda and for his career is best off staying at St Kilda where he looks like getting a game[/quote]

I agree, I can't see why Cripps would rush home to play WAFL footy. Neither team would give him game time right now. Boughton isn't worth Cripps. If Ross thinks he's lazy we don't really want him and he's at the tail end of his career. Zac Clarke is the only one I can see us paying overs for as he would be a decent speculative pick. We are nearly all staffed by Western Aussies so why does he need to go home, we are like little Perth out at seaford.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Surely when clubs interview interstate kids they ascertain the likely hood of them returning home prior to picking them?

jimmy_slats
Club Player

sax wrote:
gringo wrote:

I said the same thing!

there was an artical about him on the net today only reason i brought it up but good spot early on looks like a good type but think id rather caddy if i had to chose
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/trade-a ... 6481653614

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Old Mate"]Surely when clubs interview interstate kids they ascertain the likely hood of them returning home prior to picking them?[/quoteThey chose Ball over Judd and Hodge because of his great character. Such great qualities he walked for zilch.

The guys that sound like parrots and tell their new clubs they are one club players etc get picked up. It's just like a job interview, you practice talking s*** that you don't believe yourself or you don't get the gig. Everyone knows it's crap and that 3 months in you'll steal all the stationary and take 2 hour toilet breaks but if you don't you don't get a start.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Wow, two hour toilet breaks.... How do you get away with it Gringo?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Wow, two hour toilet breaks.... How do you get away with it Gringo?
It's where he does his best work :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Wow, two hour toilet breaks.... How do you get away with it Gringo?
It's where he does his best work :P

I'm self employed so can only dream of something as awesome as 2 hour toilet breaks. I waste time on this forum producing s*** instead.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Mate of a mate of a player says that Watters has told him that we have already done a deal with a KPP.
Now how's that for a rumour!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Buckets
SS Life Member

CeilidhSaint wrote:Mate of a mate of a player says that Watters has told him that we have already done a deal with a KPP.
Now how's that for a rumour!

Any word on who the KPP is?????

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Watters wouldn't even tell the player!!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Cameron Delaney is the perfect size of play we're looking for, but his kicking is shocking.....could be a liability

But then agin Darren Glass gets away with avoiding kicking and still manages to be AA captain

jimmy_slats
Club Player

clokes now resigned so s***s about to really ramp up on the goddard and other potential trade targes now i feel

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Well that counts collingwood out of the race for BJ and possibly for Caddy too

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jimmy_slats
Club Player

word is caddy is a shoe in for geelong as they have a priority pick befor us and goldcoast are looking for the lowest first rounder they can get

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Geelong's compo pick for Ablett is after their first pick thus it is after ours.

I don't want to give up pick 12 & it's looking like a possibility that we won't get #13 if BJ goes.

Behind Play
Club Player

There is a young player, from a WA club, interested in coming back to Victoria. He was originally from the bayside suburbs too.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Geelong's compo pick for Ablett is after their first pick thus it is after ours.

I don't want to give up pick 12 & it's looking like a possibility that we won't get #13 if BJ goes.
Can't see us not getting pick 13, the contract he will sign alone should be enough, 4-5 years at over 850k, he'll be in the top 10 paid on the comp.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Behind Play wrote:There is a young player, from a WA club, interested in coming back to Victoria. He was originally from the bayside suburbs too.
From memory Gaff & Shuey were Oakleigh boys & Zac Clarke was a Stingray.... The first 2 are no chance so.....