Cripps requests trade to West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps requests trade to West Coast

Who is Stevens ? What club does he play for are we trying to get him??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm pissed off, he will be a very good player and it is the final nail in the coffin for recruiting during the Lyon reign. We pretty much got two players from the draft that we developed in that whole time. Steven and Armo. Although Armo may have already been there. He pretty much didn't develop anyone and we wasted our picks. Koby has another year on him and shows less. Mitch Brown hasn't done much either. I'm really annoyed and hope they can talk him around. He will really struggle to get a game there- long term I guess he thinks Embley and Kerr are gone so will open a spot.

I want Gaff as a straight swap.

Richter
SS Life Member

Koby Stevens, west coast inside mid. From Gippsland originally.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/ko ... 6482772467

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'd be happy with an early/mid second round pick for Cripps. Don't particularly want Stevens; he's done nothing at West Coast in three years and they have been very generous to kids for senior games.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Koby Stevens and Jack Steven would provide a nuisance for the commentators, especially considering some of them say Jack Stevens already

Sainter for life.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

From the little I know of him he is an inside mid from Vic who has quit WC. Highly rated by WC supporters and was expected by many Dreamteam/Supercoach experts to have a breakout year this year, which never eventuated. I think he has had his share of injuries and was sub most of the times he played.

Is far from a sure thing but is as promising as Cripps IMO especially if Ledger doesnt come on and Lenny retires in a year or so. Either way he wants Vic, Cripps wants WC so somehow they will all be involved in some sort of (possibly 3 way) trade. An extra pick from Cripps at the start of the second round could always be the piece in the Caddy/Toy/Hickey puzzle if we dont want Stevens on our list.

Over to you Pelchin!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I'd be happy with an early/mid second round pick for Cripps. Don't particularly want Stevens; he's done nothing at West Coast in three years and they have been very generous to kids for senior games.

He can play Stevens and is a pure mid fielder not just the occasional run in there player our list is littered with. Hasnt been given the chance behind Priddis Kerr Selwood Shuey.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Koby Stevens and Jack Steven would provide a nuisance for the commentators, especially considering some of them say Jack Stevens already

At least they can pretend they confused them. He looks a bit bigger in the pic than I remembered, maybe he isn't such a bad swap.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Koby Stevens and Jack Steven would provide a nuisance for the commentators, especially considering some of them say Jack Stevens already
from Lucknow - can BT get his name around that as well as Torquay?

plenty of Gippy boys in the team over the last few years too.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Stevens:
Tough, inside midfielder with ferocious attack on both ball and player. Contested ball winning ability and strong hands overhead are strengths. Vic Country U18 representative in 2009. Recovering from minor knee surgery so was unable to participate at Draft Camp. Averaged 26 disposals in nine games for the Gippsland with 75 per cent efficiency, 12 contested. AIS-AFL Academy graduate.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

I reckon Stevens is more what we need then Jamie Cripps

Sainter for life.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eagles have big wraps on Stevens. is meant to be Kerr's replacement.
nothing to lose with this trade

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Stevens:
Tough, inside midfielder with ferocious attack on both ball and player. Contested ball winning ability and strong hands overhead are strengths. Vic Country U18 representative in 2009. Recovering from minor knee surgery so was unable to participate at Draft Camp. Averaged 26 disposals in nine games for the Gippsland with 75 per cent efficiency, 12 contested. AIS-AFL Academy graduate.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

I reckon Stevens is more what we need then Jamie Cripps

Cripps will become a good player and possibly excellent player, we need to get lots of different players in but Cripps was taken to fill a speedy running back role. Pacy small defenders with strong ball carrying ability sounds like something we need especially with goal sense.

Cripps actually rated really highly in the overall at the draft combine -top few which measure all their strengths put together. He will be a quality player. Hopefully he gets back over here and the sun will be shining and he won't be missing WA so much.

noob
Club Player

What pick is West Coasts first round? If you want to trade him people give him positive thoughts not weaknesses ! lol I'd go there first round pick for cripps and our 3rd rounder if it were to happen?

saintbob
SS Life Member

Brown, Stevens or Sheppard will do

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Jason Cripps broke my heart when he never got back now this little turd is leaving I want a black-ban on anyone with Cripps as a surname. We had better at least keep Ledge or I wonder what the f*** our academy and crap is good for.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Talk him out of it. He's quick and has a lot of potential.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Another spud for a spud deal looming here me thinks...lets not progress otherwise we might win a flag

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That's a shame.

We need some depth, and you can't expect first years to be that yet.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks Jamie for "Luke Balling" us, publically nominating a single club for a trade completely screws over the player's current club, and hands all of the aces to the future club. I'd be surprised if we saw an offer for anything better than pick 100 to be honest. West Coast know he can walk into the draft for nothing, and they can use their 3rd or 4th pick on him, without another club going near him.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Doesn't sound like the Eagles are all that keen, so I doubt we would be offered much.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Jee supporters turn on players quick. Suddenly he has shown nothing and is pretty bad. Of coursr though, if he does end up staying, that will all change.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
avid
Club Player

I saw Stevens on telly earlier this year. He did something extraordinary and courageous. I though this guy is about to hit the scene -- and put him in my dreamteam.
Nothing came of it, but I reckon he has some sort of extreme talent there, and I'd be very happy to take a chance on him.
I'm not sure WC would really want Cripps. Look how little they want Swift, who they've already got, and who seems a similar sort of player.
But as someone's just said, WC could offer us just about anything and we'd probably have to take it.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Is there any danger of a player ever nominating US as the team they want to go to?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

First off the story I'm hearing here in WA is a bit different ... Cripps was keen to stay but the club floated the idea to him of possibly trading him to west coast .. It was St Kilda pushing the move .. Not Cripps after being home he has decided that he is now keen on staying in Perth so he has told the club to trade him .. This talk of him not being loyal and being ungrateful to us is very much misplaced ....

On top of that Koby is suddenly turned into Chris Judd ... Fact is Tom Swift was getting games ahead of him so if we are thinking a straight swap is fair we are going to be sorely mistaken if we trade Cripps for Koby we will be the loser in this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Junior wrote:Waste of a draft pick, miss out on Jack Darling to draft him to then find out he has diabetes.

Gets compartment syndrome writing off his first season, then wants out after the second.

Might be handy playing at Subiaco, but from what I have seen he needs to toughen up and work on his decision making.
If we'd drafted darling, he'd be doing exact the same right now, he never wanted to leave Perth so flunked his interviews apparently.
i believe it. darling was a child prodigy and always going to be a gun.
this why i am extremely DUBIOUS when recruiters clubs (and fans usually ape this crap up) talk about subjective nonsense like 'character'.
so darling, stevie j, buddy,swan etc etc etc go overlooked for supposedly someone from a 'good family' with good 'character' at age 17. its just total BS!!!!

as for cripps - im very very disappointed. was making nice progress - similar trajectory to joey (who remember was no world beater until his mid 20s). people bagging him are off the mark, Same people who said Beames was a hack when he was only 19. Just nonsense.
But if he goes - lets grab Mitch Brown. Just what we need. Large framed defender with heaps of mongrel (which we lack).

Remember Mitch brown is often kept out of the side by darren glass who is an absolute gun.