Cripps requests trade to West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

paddy
Club Player

Re: Cripps requests trade to West Coast

very disapointing, but to be honest has shown very little.... doesn't seem to have the tank to play full games....and may not have been drafted if he had have come clean bout his condition...

not to say he wont be a star, but has been rumors about his home-sickness for years now, just demonstrates a lack of character and drive.... we have a lot of interstate players to make him feel welcome, and a bunch from wa especially now... must be a pretty hot mrs waiting for him to make him jeapodise his career...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

quick fact/reality check

he is only 20 years old FFS!

cant believe the crap he has copped at his time at the saints. no wonder he wants to go home.
just nonsense. people have very short memories. joey was no good until 22. nor was BJ and plenty of others. ahmed saad never even played afl until he was 21. milney probably similar. you guys remember a guy called tom simpkin? never played afl until 21 and now we all love him!
not everyone is chris judd and are physically men at 16. some guys develop later.
jamie is/was progressing nicely for his age. still only 20!

paddy
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:quick fact/reality check

cant believe the crap he has copped at his time at the saints. no wonder he wants to go home.
just nonsense. people have very short memories. joey was no good until 22. nor was BJ and plenty of others. ahmed saad never even played afl until he was 21. milney probably similar. you guys remember a guy called tom simpkin? never played afl until 21 and now we all love him!
not everyone is chris judd and are physically men at 16. some guys develop later.

just peoples way of coping with the disappointment... he may well be a star, but if he is and we lose him, it makes it all the worse...

people aren't saying we dont want him, just trying to find some glimmer of light in an otherwise dark situation

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Thanks Jamie for "Luke Balling" us, publically nominating a single club for a trade completely screws over the player's current club, and hands all of the aces to the future club. I'd be surprised if we saw an offer for anything better than pick 100 to be honest. West Coast know he can walk into the draft for nothing, and they can use their 3rd or 4th pick on him, without another club going near him.
So many people ignore this about Bail. He screwed us over by nominating a single club and refusing to talk to anyone else.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed. The majority of kids drafted dont start to really flourish until their 3rd season. He is about a year or 2 away from really showing us if he can make it. I hope we keep him - but if we can't at least get Brown as he looks like the ready made big defender we need. Mids like Koby Stevens are a dime a dozen.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
kimberly saint
Club Player

Glad sum one said it, wat % of saintsational users have any football knowledge . Maybe we can trade them of

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Why wce and not freo? Or both?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Disappointed to say the least however we can't cry over spilt milk. I hope the club is focused on securing adaquate compensation whether in the form of a draft pick or player.

A scenario which I heard:

Koby Stevens ~ Dogs
Jamie Cripps ~ WC
Pick 27 via Dogs ~ ST K

Seems fair IMO.

paddy
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Disappointed to say the least however we can't cry over spilt milk. I hope the club is focused on securing adaquate compensation whether in the form of a draft pick or player.

Koby Stevens ~ Dogs
Jamie Cripps ~ WC
Pick 27 via Dogs ~ ST K

Seems fair IMO.
I feel confident that we wont have a repeat of the ball screw up

pelch will sort something out...

and the above would be palatable

noob
Club Player

Imagine if the trade was for Stevens at west coast. Game Day: Stevens handpasses to Steven, then gives it back to Stevens. Stevens gets tackled, but spills out to Steven.

paddy
Club Player

noob wrote:Imagine if the trade was for Stevens at west coast. Game Day: Stevens handpasses to Steven, then gives it back to Stevens. Stevens gets tackled, but spills out to Steven.
maybe the comentators will start to say Jack's name correctly instead of calling him stevens most of the time

lol

spert
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:
noob wrote:Imagine if the trade was for Stevens at west coast. Game Day: Stevens handpasses to Steven, then gives it back to Stevens. Stevens gets tackled, but spills out to Steven.
maybe the comentators will start to say Jack's name correctly instead of calling him stevens most of the time

lol
Imagine if Billy Idol's guitar player, Steve Stevens got a game with us as we'll...

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

gotta think of his health as well having diabetes he may want to be closer to his family - Good luck to him :)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:Disappointed to say the least however we can't cry over spilt milk. I hope the club is focused on securing adaquate compensation whether in the form of a draft pick or player.

Koby Stevens ~ Dogs
Jamie Cripps ~ WC
Pick 27 via Dogs ~ ST K

Seems fair IMO.
Dont you mean READ? Most of us saw that floated on BF already. Its a good trade idea but honestly just say, I read this idea on Big Footy... so many posts just reiterate what is being said on there its not funny!

Edit, I would go one step further and say BJ compo plus Cripps compo goes to Adelaide for a mixture of Luke Thompson, Caddy, Toy and Hickey. Obviously Tippett is in that trade to GC... talk about a super trade!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:On top of that Koby is suddenly turned into Chris Judd ... Fact is Tom Swift was getting games ahead of him so if we are thinking a straight swap is fair we are going to be sorely mistaken if we trade Cripps for Koby we will be the loser in this
Im not saying he will be a star, but with Lennys age, Luke Ball leaving, Stevie Baker retiring, Clint Jones seemingly not in Watters' plans, that would surely leave a massive hole for a tough, in and under somewhat of a tagger type player in our midfield would it? With the Selwoods and Priddis killing it over there I am not shocked he wants out. Isnt Swift more of a soft outside goalkicker & could that be a reason for his inclusions over Koby?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:

Koby Stevens ~ Dogs
Jamie Cripps ~ WC
Pick 27 via Dogs ~ ST K

Seems fair IMO.
Dont you mean READ? Most of us saw that floated on BF already. Its a good trade idea but honestly just say, I read this idea on Big Footy... so many posts just reiterate what is being said on there its not funny!

Edit, I would go one step further and say BJ compo plus Cripps compo goes to Adelaide for a mixture of Luke Thompson, Caddy, Toy and Hickey. Obviously Tippett is in that trade to GC... talk about a super trade!
Heard, read, does it really matter? Please don't be dick head when I'm only sharing what I 'heard.' Not everyone goes to BigFooty.

The bloke that 'heard' that trade idea is well reliable and the way I 'read' it he heard that trade within the club, not just a baseless trade idea which he made up.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
St Chris wrote:Thanks Jamie for "Luke Balling" us, publically nominating a single club for a trade completely screws over the player's current club, and hands all of the aces to the future club. I'd be surprised if we saw an offer for anything better than pick 100 to be honest. West Coast know he can walk into the draft for nothing, and they can use their 3rd or 4th pick on him, without another club going near him.
So many people ignore this about Bail. He screwed us over by nominating a single club and refusing to talk to anyone else.
I certainly don't ignore it.

The prick cost us a flag by his selfish actions.

Just wanted give a big "F### you "to the club.

Well, he got the last laugh.

Would'n't be unhappy if he never played again.

In regards toCripps , he is just a kid who's battling health problems, so probably feels he needs his family around.

Suitable compensation in the form of a dp would be acceptable.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Bad news. Will be a player.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:Who is Stevens ? What club does he play for are we trying to get him??
We try to get everyone at this time of year, whether they are any good or not

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Agree Con, He's going to be a good player and I hope we can persuade him to stay.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Bad news. Will be a player.
Will be a burst player. Can't see him going the 100 minutes

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Most disappointing part of his leaving, coupled with using the pies high altitude rooms while still on our list.

Great player though.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure we win in any situation with this unless we get mitch brown or kobe and they happen to be guns. 2 years development and just starting to come on now we might get a pick in the late 20s and we start from scratch with an unknown. Ball is a collingwood turd and the AFL allow the abuse of trade by allowing players to nominate clubs? Is he a free agent already? I thought they were meant to make him sit out of footy for a couple of years if he is seen to be tampering with the draft or demanding to be traded where he wants. I guess the law has been so relaxed that the players see them selves as having a right to do what they feel.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

As long as we come out of this in an equal to or better position I'll be happy.

And with our current management team in place I'm very confident that will happen.

However if Cripps does return to WA it should in no way affect our thinking when it comes to interstate recruiting. We have to continually look Australia wide for the best possible talent.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Somebody get Jamie a photo of Tommy Walsh fast. Demanding a trade to a better team isn't always a good career move.

Can't see how he'd be worth any less than west coast's first.

Yeah nah pleasing positive