2013 Social Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2013 Social Club

mcadam05 wrote:
Garbage wrote:I called the club yesterday after I got my letter, and was told that Priority 1 is '300 Club' (whatever that is) plus Social Club members who also have L2 Reserved Seats.

All other Social Club members are Priority 2.

She said they split it so that they have a separation of GF ticket bookings. Not sure why they need to do that, unless they are planning to change the farcical GF booking process.

She assured me that the Social Club cap of 11,000 still applies and we would all get a GF ticket when we make it.

I'm a 16 game SC Member with a level 1 seat and I have been made Priority 1
Level 1 reserved seat priority 1 "ultimate member"

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kos.
premium interstate came in last year
my 11 game sc rolled over as usual and then someone noticed that the club had added a premium interstate as well as having the normal $105 interstate membership
the premium interstate was $250 bucks (from memory) and 100% gave you a ticket to the grannie if we made it

we rang the club and swapped to this as it was cheaper for us as interstaters to get 2 prem interstate m/ships rather than 2 11 game plus social club memberships
saved us around $180 bucks a year from memory
still get the one game in your home state and 5 games in melb plus now a grannie ticket
it seemed logical to us not getting over to games more than twice a year during the reg season

blimey bev , 147 of us??
thought theyd be shite loads more taking up that membership
disappointing

yet it still seems from posts we are none the wiser as to the diff between cat 1 and cat 2 lol

saint1974
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote:
Garbage wrote:I called the club yesterday after I got my letter, and was told that Priority 1 is '300 Club' (whatever that is) plus Social Club members who also have L2 Reserved Seats.

She said they split it so that they have a separation of GF ticket bookings. Not sure why they need to do that, unless they are planning to change the farcical GF booking process.

She assured me that the Social Club cap of 11,000 still applies and we would all get a GF ticket when we make it.

As interest where is your seat macadam, I am priority 2 and I have level 1 reserved seat social club area having trouble understanding the difference.

mcadam05
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

As interest where is your seat macadam, I am priority 2 and I have level 1 reserved seat social club area having trouble understanding the difference.
I'm Aisle 39 , I did level 2 for a couple yrs on being sold on the idea that the Robert Harvey room was going to be OUR Social Club but after standing in line for a beer behind a group of Hawthorn dick heads and wondering to myself my I must cop opposition fans in my Social Club so now I'm back on Level 1

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

I have read with much interest in regard to Social Club Memberships.
We have been members for 15years and thats not as long as some others on here.
I have not been able to read anywhere to what catergory we come into.
I may have thrown out extra sheet of imformation, who knows.
I will be calling the club 2morrow to ask about this as we are lookig to
downgrade our memberships.
For the last few years we have only been to a couple of games and once again like
many others it's purely a donation to the club.
We loved to sit in amongst the faithfull but were unable to do this last year
due to not having reserved seats.
It was not worth us paying the extra money so we may as well downgrade
and go sit up with the pigeons and spot up the empty seats in the Social Club area. :( :( :(

Laurie
Club Player

Number of years membership does not matter anymore it seems

But if you are level 2 reserved seat holder you are in Priority 1.
Normal social club member is Priority 2.

The club has clearly failed to explain this on the letter which is very annoying having been a social club member for 31years.

It sounds that it is not STRENGTH THRU LOYALTY ANYMORE BUT STRENGTH THRU DOLLARS.

Kate
Club Player

I have Level 1 reserved seating. Apparently I am an "ultimate" member with priority 1 GF access.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Kate wrote:I have Level 1 reserved seating. Apparently I am an "ultimate" member with priority 1 GF access.
Me too, it doesn't make sense.

I am a 35 year member, perhaps that makes a difference?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
StGoddard18
Club Player

So because I am a social club member with a reserved seat one level 1 I am only a priority 2? But if I had a reserved seat on level 2 I would be priority 1?

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Ice Wolf
Club Player

StGoddard18 wrote:So because I am a social club member with a reserved seat one level 1 I am only a priority 2? But if I had a reserved seat on level 2 I would be priority 1?
I'm level 1 reserved seat holder and have category 1

melton girl
Club Player

spoke to a girl today in the membership department and she said that priority one is for social club,reserve seating level one on the wing and on level two.
priority two are for social club, level one behind the goals and level three reserve seating and general admission with social club

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so if you like to sit behind the goals you get less chance of a decent premium seat when we make a grannie

LOL

unreal
prob wont have to worry about it for the next 3 to 5 years anyway 8-)

Elementary

I also spoke to the membership department this morning. Category 1 is social club with reserved seats on the wing on level 1 or seats on level 2. Social club with seats behind the goals on level 1 or reserved seats on level 3 or no reserved seats are all Category 2. If we make it to a Grand Final then Category 1 will be processed first so should be guaranteed a seat (unless they ask for standing room). Category 2 will then be given the remaining seats and the standing room seats.

So if you want to ensure you get a SEAT at the Grand Final then you may need to upgrade to level 1 reserved seats on the wing otherwise there is a good chance you will get standing room. Of course, the girl on the phone couldnt tell me what would happen if they introduce 'September Saints' again in those years when it looks highly likely we will make the Grand Final. I remember in 2009 that some September Saints got seats while some social club members were in the standing room area. Based on this, I would assume any September Sants would be in with Category 2 Social club.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

They are obviously penalising you then if ya don't have
a reserved seat.
This would mean for us a second bite @ the cherry if we happened to
make a Grand Final.
The money and loyalty that we have given over
a number of years adds to nothing.

saint1974
Club Player

I have a reserved seat level1 social club membership for 39 years and myself and my family all been members for over 20 years are priority 2 was told that on the wing or level 2 are priority 1 even if they have been a reserved seat holder for a year.

I enjoy sitting where I am have a lot of friends in this area made through football strength through loyalty. Yeah sure.

We are being penalised because of the area of our reserved seat is not on the wing, but really what annoys me is no notification of the change and only through reading here that I went back and examined my renewal more thoroughly and noticed I was priority 2 .
There was no attempt on the renewal to explain why I had gone from priority 1 to 2.
Sometimes my loyalty is really tested as like back in 2010 grand final standing room tickets to the people sitting in front of us September Saints and 1 year members ,paying 39 years of membership through some pretty horrible seasons it really is testing.

But I will renew and continue to go because this club and the other people I have met at the footy are part of my life my history.

Would love to have a renewal year with no dramas, membership you need to explain to us supporters why and the changes.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

A Question?
I know that Reserved Seats on Lvl 2 cost more than on Lvl1 and Lvl 3.
But, is there a difference in cost depending on where your seat is on Lvl 1 - wing/behind goals?

The 300 Club, IIRC, is akin to a 'coterie' group and members pay a much higher price to be involved with it.

As per usual it appears the Membership Dept have failed to explain what is happening (and why).

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Email from the Club wrote: Membership Product Name Changes

All Membership Products in 2013 have had alterations to their naming conventions and are now classified into 3 different categories:
•Standard Memberships which include all General Admission, Level 1 Behind the Goals, Level 1 Wing and Level 3 seating products that do not have Social Club entitlements
•Premium Memberships which include all General Admission, Level 1 Behind the Goals and Level 3 seating products with Social Club entitlements
•Ultimate Memberships which include Level 1 Wing and Level 2 seating products with Social Club entitlements

Priority 1 and 2 Grand Final Ballot Access

Premium and Ultimate Members are guaranteed a ticket in the Grand Final Ballot if St Kilda participates. Priorities have been created to provide members access to a Grand Final ticket that may be similar or equal to the membership type that they purchase each season.
The two priorities are:

•Priority 1 - a dedicated time window (eg. 8-11am) for Ultimate Members to register for a Grand Final ticket in the Grand Final Ballot if St Kilda is a participating team. Ultimate Members will be allocated tickets prior to Premium Members.
•Priority 2 - a dedicated time window (eg. 12-3pm) for Premium Members to register for a Grand Final ticket in the Grand Final Ballot if St Kilda is a participating team.

Priority 1 members will be able to sit with Priority 2 members by registering during the Priority 2 window.

The allocation of tickets for members of competing teams has been increased to 12,500 tickets. Seating classifications and pricing for the Grand Final are determined by the AFL. The team seating allocations are not advised by the AFL until the week of the Grand Final Ballot in any year.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Happy with that explanation but maybe it should have come out before the renewal letters.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Elementary wrote:I also spoke to the membership department this morning. Category 1 is social club with reserved seats on the wing on level 1 or seats on level 2. Social club with seats behind the goals on level 1 or reserved seats on level 3 or no reserved seats are all Category 2. If we make it to a Grand Final then Category 1 will be processed first so should be guaranteed a seat (unless they ask for standing room). Category 2 will then be given the remaining seats and the standing room seats.

So if you want to ensure you get a SEAT at the Grand Final then you may need to upgrade to level 1 reserved seats on the wing otherwise there is a good chance you will get standing room. Of course, the girl on the phone couldnt tell me what would happen if they introduce 'September Saints' again in those years when it looks highly likely we will make the Grand Final. I remember in 2009 that some September Saints got seats while some social club members were in the standing room area. Based on this, I would assume any September Sants would be in with Category 2 Social club.
And then of course she can't tell you what changes they will bring in next year, and the year after that.

One thing you can be sure of is that they will change again, and when they do that they will not inform anyone.

Any money now if the Saints look like making a GF they will bring in a "SuperUltimate" Membership or the 300 club will become the 3000 club...whatever....and whatever they promise or say this year will have no weight in future years.

Those that thought they were getting Foundation SC Membership access and guaranteed priority.....are now just part of the heard competing for Standing Room and Restricted View tickets and a seat a if they are lucky.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

well done St kilda

First they make the whole social club area reserved seating "cause some contacted us wanting to buy a reserve seat in this area"... haha my arse!!

Now those who were social club members through the hard years are again shafted if they refuse to spend a lot more on a reserve seat. Complete joke. Why not offer the 12,500 seats up on ebay each year as it's sooooo important to give these seats to those with money.

Complete joke.... would not be suprised if the september saints become category 2 as well.....

Oh and any bet this is a reaction to the empty seats in the level 1 social club that they are scared with not renew their seats.... HA!!! Thanks for nothing saints

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saints4ever
Club Player

The way I read their email - priority 1 only gives you priorty to enter the ticket ballot - not priorty for seat type. You are just as likely to get standing room, level 1,2, 3 or 4 seat whether you are priorty 1 or 2. And given the number of tickets allocated to the club is now greater than the number of social club members - really makes no difference being priorty 1 or 2.

But as others have said - who knows how the rules will change in the years ahead - I too used to be a foundation member :(

Genghis
Club Player

saints4ever wrote:The way I read their email - priority 1 only gives you priorty to enter the ticket ballot - not priorty for seat type. You are just as likely to get standing room, level 1,2, 3 or 4 seat whether you are priorty 1 or 2.
Well it does give you priority for seat type - presumably they allocate all the premium seats first, then the prime seats, then standard, then standing room. So priority 1 members get first dibs at the premium and prime etc. Priority 2 will be given what's left over from the prime seats (I assume all the premiums will go to priority 1), the standard seats, then standing room.

I'm staggered that they change the rules yet again without telling us in advance. Then again, I shouldn't really be surprised, seems like they throw in a surprise every year.

Laurie
Club Player

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED FROM THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP DEPT.

NOT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED LOYALTY AND SUPPORT

saints4ever
Club Player

I stand corrected. Just reread the club email with my brain working. It does indeed say Priority 1 will get seats equivalent to their membership type. So yes they are more likely to get premium. :-( Rules have indeed changed....

maryann

First time poster on here so hope it comes out ok!

I also rang the club this morning, yet to receive our emails. My understanding always was that it was our social club membership that gave us the right to a grand final ticket. So everyone who pays that membership fee should have the same right. Now it seems that if you prefer to sit behind the goals or in the old social club area on level 1, you are being penalised. It seems now that it is the cost of your seat that determines how big a right you have to your grand final ticket.

If this is going to be the case, then what is their reason for lumping the behind the goals and old social club area reserved seat holders in with social club people who do not have any reserved seat in the same category? We are paying an extra $127.50 than they are but it doesnt seem to give us any more rights than they have.

I am not saying that I think we should have more rights than them, all social club members who pay the same social club membership fee should have the same rights. Where you choose to watch your football from is personal choice for people.

But it contradicts their justifying the category 1 / category 2 based on your reserved seating.

I also found out this morning that the old social club area on level 1 which was made reserved seating for social club members two years ago, is no longer just for social club members. We have sat there the past two years in our reserved seats and this year there were so many empty seats around us, which often then meant that opposition supporters were sitting in these seats as they could book them through ticketmaster. The great atmostphere we used to have in this area is slowly diminishing.

I am a red, white and black member, meaning a member of over 40 years. The club have seen fit to reward me with free social club membership for this loyalty. As I pointed out to the girl this morning, I am not interested in getting my free membership or an extra 20% or whatever off merchandise. I am happy to pay for my social club membership, all I want is equal rights for my membership fee. If they wanted to reward my loyalty and that of other long term members, they could have kept their foundation memberships.

Like others, I am tired of them changing the rules. With a drop of about 5,000 in membership this year I really thought they would be more 'keep our members happy' in their attitude for next season. I should have known better!