Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

Q is unrestricted so he chooses wher he go's west coast don't get a chance to match the offer like we do with BJ ... The interesting thing will be what compo WCE get for him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kalsaint
Club Player

noob wrote:We don't needs hacks we just need to develop our own properly. Good young talented kids will improve us not players that can't get games from other clubs.

Good kids usually take between 2-5 years to become good quality players and generally 5 years to become a club leader.

"Hacks" at other clubs can often give real value at times". Check Sydney's performance record with this based on true club cutlure. I listened to Mitch Morton's dcomment today after the GF and noted how this decent player at Richmond lost his Mojo and regained it in half a season at Sydney. He used words like "After a strong VFL showing, the guys still did not trust him and did not think he worked hard enough". This made him turn it around or else he might have been a 4 club player or back with a VFL side for the long term.

There are many so called hacks that do well with opportunity and a change in coach outlook.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well Jude is playing with a torn PCL and ACL, strange for mine...but admittedly don't know anything much about it.

What if it tears fully in the heat of the first 10 mins of the GF?

I know he is so important to their chances, but it's risky.
True. But sometimes you have to roll the dice and it can go either way. Winners are grinners and this time it worked.

When we played the Swans in the PF Hamill was a bit dicky, and we chose to save him for GF. We never made it. Maybe he would have broken down, and maybe not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Ive read this on another site

Stevens + 38 > Bulldogs for 27 and 46
27 + 46 + Strijk* > StKilda for Cripps and 34
Cripps + 34 > Westcoast for Stevens and 38

* or a free mars bar.

Who and how good is Strijk. Is he better than a mars bar. Does he fit our needs?

personally i think WCE posters are dreaming. Lose Stevens and 38 and get Cripps and 34

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:Ive read this on another site

* or a free mars bar.

Who and how good is Strijk. Is he better than a mars bar. Does he fit our needs?

personally i think WCE posters are dreaming. Lose Stevens and 38 and get Cripps and 34
Pick 93 in the 201 draft...13 games in 3 years and only 3 in the last 2. Sounds like we would get shafted if that was the deal..

Richter
SS Life Member

Andrew Strijk

midfielder-cum-half forward.

Some suggestion that he may have been scouted by the Saints earlier this year

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... da.968204/
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... ng-strijk/

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Andrew Strijk

midfielder-cum-half forward.

Some suggestion that he may have been scouted by the Saints earlier this year

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... da.968204/
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... ng-strijk/
Well the elite kicking skills I like... a career high 25 disposals is less impressive though.
would certaianly fit the profile of the type of player that Pelchen would be looking for (ie as with saad and Milera last year)...but as effectively a swap for Cripps = no.

He would need to the steak knives.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I'm sold!

Surely, any footballer with kicking skills elite enough to kick the ball into the 'vortex area' is a must get for the Pelican!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
noob
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:Ive read this on another site

* or a free mars bar.

Pick 93 in the 201 draft...13 games in 3 years and only 3 in the last 2. Sounds like we would get shafted if that was the deal..
West Coast easily get the best value.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard there is rumours some team mate tweeted that Colin Sylvia is moving clubs but he is contracted would we do a deal to get him for a DP from WCE for Cripps? I wouldn't mind someone like Sylvia and would be very Sydney to go for someone like him that has more potential than actual output. Lynden Dunn would be a good one to sound out too. We could give up someone like Curren again- potential gun in and under player better than magner. He's in a cue for spots at the saints so win win.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I heard there is rumours some team mate tweeted that Colin Sylvia is moving clubs but he is contracted would we do a deal to get him for a DP from WCE for Cripps? I wouldn't mind someone like Sylvia and would be very Sydney to go for someone like him that has more potential than actual output. Lynden Dunn would be a good one to sound out too. We could give up someone like Curren again- potential gun in and under player better than magner. He's in a cue for spots at the saints so win win.

and the tweeter was very quickly and succintly shut down by club, aflpa and otehrs...- maybe a tweeter who has already got priors for his misdirected texting fingers.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
gringo wrote:I heard there is rumours some team mate tweeted that Colin Sylvia is moving clubs but he is contracted would we do a deal to get him for a DP from WCE for Cripps? I wouldn't mind someone like Sylvia and would be very Sydney to go for someone like him that has more potential than actual output. Lynden Dunn would be a good one to sound out too. We could give up someone like Curren again- potential gun in and under player better than magner. He's in a cue for spots at the saints so win win.

and the tweeter was very quickly and succintly shut down by club, aflpa and otehrs...- maybe a tweeter who has already got priors for his misdirected texting fingers.......

maybe but where there is smoke there's fire. Melbourne might be sounding out trades.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:maybe but where there is smoke there's fire. Melbourne might be sounding out trades.
Where there's smoke there's fire? Stupid saying in the Internet age. What if I write that a well-placed source told ne that Franklin is being traded to the Saints? That's "smoke", but doesn't make it true.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:maybe but where there is smoke there's fire. Melbourne might be sounding out trades.
Where there's smoke there's fire? Stupid saying in the Internet age. What if I write that a well-placed source told ne that Franklin is being traded to the Saints? That's "smoke", but doesn't make it true.

Wow thats huge news bergholt.

I will hold you to that if it doesn't come true because as we know every single thing ever uttered on the interwebs is fact and true.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

That would be George Franklin from Tallangatta would'nt it?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

No but if Luke Hodge tweeted "thanks Buddy it was great playing with you hope your new club loves your work as much as we did" it might freak a few Hawks supporters out and get a media s*** storm brewing.

noob
Club Player

Is it possible for essendon to trade their 1st round draft pick for say Caddy then use there 2nd rd pick on Daniher?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Is it possible for essendon to trade their 1st round draft pick for say Caddy then use there 2nd rd pick on Daniher?
Not if another club bid a lower pick than Essendon's 2nd pick, which they surely would given the rap on him.

Nah, the Bombers will have to use their first pick or lose him.

Saintersss
Club Player

noob wrote:Is it possible for essendon to trade their 1st round draft pick for say Caddy then use there 2nd rd pick on Daniher?
Father-son bids are made prior to the trade period, so it is not possible.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Guy McKenna quoted in the BJ free agency article on afl site that Caddy wont nominate a club to go to due to last years debacle or words to that effect. So the North rumours are just that, sure he toured their facilities big deal he could still go to any Vic club. Still a big chance for Caddy I believe.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I would love to sign Clinton Young from Hawthorn, he is an unrestricted free agent, classy player great penetrating left foot with run and carry. Averaged 20 disposals a game this year for the Hawks.
Could play him off the HBF and on a wing like Goddard. Could be a good replacement for Goddard and he is a year younger. Thoughts?

Sainter for life.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:I would love to sign Clinton Young from Hawthorn, he is an unrestricted free agent, classy player great penetrating left foot with run and carry. Averaged 20 disposals a game this year for the Hawks.
Could play him off the HBF and on a wing like Goddard. Could be a good replacement for Goddard and he is a year younger. Thoughts?

1/ Hawks will be short odds to play in next years GF. so he would be ging that up.

2/ We would not then gaina low pick for BJ.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SaintSimmo wrote:I would love to sign Clinton Young from Hawthorn, he is an unrestricted free agent, classy player great penetrating left foot with run and carry. Averaged 20 disposals a game this year for the Hawks.
Hi Simmo, I hear ya, but for me... no receivers, no matter how good their foot skills.

As much as I hated the Swines and their $8000000000000000000000000000000000000000-per-player-AFL-leg-up winning another hollow flag..., it was satisfying to see how that when it's man on man and very few easy uncontested possessions...,
hey, suddenly where were all those wonderful Dawk run, carry, then penetrating left foot kick players...??? Went missing. Hmmmmmmmm, even I could run and carry (ok the penetrating left foot kick mightn't happen)... if I have no one near me... :roll: different story when suddenly these blokes actually had to win their own ball... :idea:

I understand the need to purge our team of poor kicks, but I also think that it's just as important to purge anyone who can't win their own footy!!! If blokes want to play largely bruise-free footy and not get their knees dirty, then hey, there's always the likes of Effn'dum, Dreamons or even the AFL's latest two love-children - clubs created just for such players. :twisted:

Blokes are meant to be professional footballers. I mean, is that really asking too much to expect a professional footballer to be able to actually win the footy, as well as then deliver the footy to the advantage of a team mate?

As an aside, no idea re any disagreements between GT and Guerra, but I've never missed Guerra!

Played ten amazing games for us at the start of 2004, to add to his habit of running in and taking out blokes who were focusing on the contest... :roll: Problem was, whenever there was a hard ball to be won, Guerra would always fall over to 'excuse' himself from the contest. Frustrated me no end! Predictably his hot trot ended, and although he kept trying to snipe the unwary..., that was the end of his contribution. :evil:

Enter Clarko and the rolling zones and lotsa' free men in defence. Perfect for Guerra! Yes, he's a great kick, but make him actually accountable actually one on one, and he panics big time. For a would-be tough guy, I find that pretty poor! Receiver! He may have a premiership medal, but for mine... very overrated, and is covered for by Clarko's game plan.

Sorry Simmo, none of this is directed at you... your post just was too good a chance to pass up to have a whinge about one of my greatest (ok one of my many greatest) bugbears in footy... bloody receivers. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Fiona.

Watch him cost his team the GF on Saturday that gutless effort in the last that allowed Bird to goal.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL