Jamie Cripps & Kobby Stevens swap club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Re: Jamie Cripps & Kobby Stevens swap club

Why do people on this forum keep saying that Kobby Stevens is slow? He isn't. He is marginally slower than the Eagles fastest midfielder Shuey according to their sprint tests. The guy doesn't lack leg speed. The way people are talking they make him sound like a cart horse which he isn't.

lefty
Club Player

Maybe we should get Koby, I mean, what kind of position does Cripps play? I can't see him playing in the midfield, and he didn't really seem like a forward (not like Saad etc), I guess he is a small defender? Do we need a small defender with Geary and Gram?

IIRC you could tell Armo was sore/tired towards the end of the season, so having a few bigger mid's would be alright, especially if we have bad luck with injuries.. (I thought we were lucky this year).

savatage
SS Life Member

We can take someone in the draft that will be as good as Stevens. Can't say I'm that keen.

luc1966
Club Player

The draft is the unknown

savatage
SS Life Member

I'm confident of getting a good midfielder with a second round pick, a midfielder like Koby Stevens is a dime a dozen IMO.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:I'm confident of getting a good midfielder with a second round pick, a midfielder like Koby Stevens is a dime a dozen IMO.
And so are most second round picks?

savatage
SS Life Member

Then you could get a Leigh Montagna at 37 or a Jack Newnes - the draft depth is there if the recruiters have done their homework.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Then you could get a Leigh Montagna at 37 or a Jack Newnes - the draft depth is there if the recruiters have done their homework.
I reckon the recruiters at every club have done their homework and yet some of them are going to get it wrong. Our recruiters aren't immune from that risk, surely?