Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

class of 2010
Club Player

Re: Rumour Thread

This is the greatest rumour ever, a lot of my close mates are melbourne supporters and would be dead set filthy if Chip left. It would be the greatest ammunition ever, they wouldn't hear the end of it! I doubt very much this will happen but as stated before its lovely to dream. Has certainly got me a bit excited!!!

oh when the saints
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Melbourne Demons poster on BigFooty:
The Finger, post: 25915599, member: 105638 wrote:StKilda are all over Chipper Frawley and he is keen to move.
The Finger, post: 25915629, member: 105638 wrote:Have to be a first round pick. I hope it doesnt eventuate but the mail is its not looking good.
Good call Doc.
Sorry to disappoint guys, but that BigFooty user is known to make up crap quite regularly

I would love to get Frawley, but why in the world would Melbourne let this happen

Pelchen seems sneakily confident, and wouldn't put it past him

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Melbourne Demons poster on BigFooty:
The Finger, post: 25915599, member: 105638 wrote:StKilda are all over Chipper Frawley and he is keen to move.
The Finger, post: 25915629, member: 105638 wrote:Have to be a first round pick. I hope it doesnt eventuate but the mail is its not looking good.
Good call Doc.
Sorry to disappoint guys, but that BigFooty user is known to make up crap quite regularly

I would love to get Frawley, but why in the world would Melbourne let this happen

Which poster? Its basically all rumour and trash over there. Youve just got to sort out the trash. Remember there are actually people out there that are close friends or ex team mates or close to clubs that have loose lips.

The Frawley rumour is jus that a rumour. No substance to it.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
Sick Nal Danto wrote:

Which poster? Its basically all rumour and trash over there. Youve just got to sort out the trash. Remember there are actually people out there that are close friends or ex team mates or close to clubs that have loose lips.

The Frawley rumour is jus that a rumour. No substance to it.
I don't even bother going to Big Footy. Nastiness and bulls**t reign supreme.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Love the Koby and Frawley rumours.

Only for if they came true we would have Stevens, and Steven in the mids and Chips and Chip in the backline :D

WOW WEE says Brian Taylor.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so chipper wanting to come to the saints was just all bullshite then???

felix
Club Player

Wow Melbourne fans will have to start an official hate st kilda thread

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:id be telling a lie if i said i wasnt a bit 'big kev' about this rumor

8-)
What, dead? Been a long time since Big Kev was excited, but I get your meaning. I am too, truth be told. Excited that is, not dead.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

has big kev carked it??! :shock:

blimey
sorry big kev

but yeah
the rumor got me a little excited

god knows if its true
was told yesterday
i got all big kev'ed up
then thought
gee i hope it actually has some truth to it

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:has big kev carked it??! :shock:
December 6, 2005

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
December 6, 2005

"I'm cremated!"

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
December 6, 2005

"I'm cremated!"
LOL actually was wondering where he is interned lol :)

markp
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
December 6, 2005
You couldn't at least break it to him gently?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
December 6, 2005
You couldn't at least break it to him gently?
Yeah oops
look mate he died from a heart attack :( Sad face... apparently he was a prick of a person though

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dawes manager talking about his relationship with Scott Watters on trade week radio...

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2010/of ... r2012.html

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Utility Farren Ray, who found himself in the reserves during the season, is contracted for next year and at this stage will remain a Saint.

"We've had interest from elsewhere . . . but not at this stage," Pelchen said of any trade move.

Veteran Jason Blake is also waiting to see how the trade period shakes out.

Blake is keen to go on, and the club will make a late call.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st-kil ... 6486891647

That marries up with reports of Faz meeting with the Demons I guess
Personally I cannot understand why Ray was so much on the outer with Watters. Most games he played, he played very well IMO. But was clearly on the outer this season.

When quizzed on it at one game when he was not playing.....he clearly did not wish to pot the coaches, and did not. But his eyes and body language said it all.

So while I personally would be disappointed to lose him, it would not surprise me at all if the Saints traded him.
It came about because of his underperformance in '11. That underperformance was encapsulated in the B&F. We are one of those clubs that have a B&F that runs deep in its assessment of all players' years.

Ray was by far the worst of all the top 25 odd in '11. I remember I had a look and came up with each players votes, points, whatever you want to call them, per game (which is the key, I reckon, in a system such as ours).

From memory, Ray had the lowest score per game by a big margin, well below acknowledged inconsistent performers such as Kosi, and the most potted types, like Raph.

His 2012 year was better, but I believe Watters made him earn his spot because of 2011.

Interestingly, BJ's 2011 per game B&F performance was in a pack in the middle of the standings, with the likes of Raph and Dawson. The top echelon polled about 40% higher per game than this middle group. Ray scored about half the middle group per game he played, or roughly 1/3 of the top echelon of performers.

I didn't do the numbers for '12.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Dawes manager talking about his relationship with Scott Watters on trade week radio...

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2010/of ... r2012.html
Funnily I think he would go ok with a new start and as a fixed forward role. He was up against it as a ruck/forward as was kosi. It's actually harder than just getting a tall guy who can jump and moving them around when needed. He could actually be handy in the deep forward role that kosi has ben doing and with Wilkes gives you a second big mobile marking target with ability to close out space.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

blimey
sorry big kev

but yeah

god knows if its true
was told yesterday
i got all big kev'ed up
then thought
Don't worry Matrix, I used the big Kev line a lot. It was always good for a laugh. Then one day I said it in a presentation to a board of execs, as in, "I'm Big Kev (excited) about this venture", when one of the board members piped up, "What, dead?" The looks I got suggested I'd just told them I loved having sex with small, furry rodents. Never used it since. Didn't know he'd crossed the Jordan.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Frawley leaving Melbourne would hurt them more than BJ leaving us.

He is worth a first rounder IMO. Moreso than Caddy. I would be super impressed if we somehow managed that trade.

With our lack of father/son, for some reason Chip Frawley at Melbourne irks me somewhat. He would be a great insta fix with our back line.

Moist about this one..... But I don't think for a minute it would happen.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If we offer a 1st round pick for Caddy, and we offer a lst round pick for Frawley, we are back to the days of old.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If we offer a 1st round pick for Caddy, and we offer a lst round pick for Frawley, we are back to the days of old.
No, the days of old would be a 1st round pick for Watts and another lst round pick for Lovett. 8-)

andrewg
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:If we offer a 1st round pick for Caddy, and we offer a lst round pick for Frawley, we are back to the days of old.
No, the days of old would be a 1st round pick for Watts and another lst round pick for Lovett. 8-)
Spot on!

If we can manage to get Frawley, Hickey, Caddy and not loose Cripps we have done well, I might almost be saying

Goddard Who!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:

blimey
sorry big kev

but yeah

god knows if its true
was told yesterday
i got all big kev'ed up
then thought
Don't worry Matrix, I used the big Kev line a lot. It was always good for a laugh. Then one day I said it in a presentation to a board of execs, as in, "I'm Big Kev (excited) about this venture", when one of the board members piped up, "What, dead?" The looks I got suggested I'd just told them I loved having sex with small, furry rodents. Never used it since. Didn't know he'd crossed the Jordan.
What the hell is wrong with having sex with small, furr....

Oh, s***, please tell me this mic is switched off? :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dawes and Wellingham to Melb for pick 4 ... Caddy to collingwood for pick 4 ... I don't think so but being floated around

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gringo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Dawes and Wellingham to Melb for pick 4 ... Caddy to collingwood for pick 4 ... I don't think so but being floated around

Melbourne would have to be mentally unstable to want to turn Viney into 2 hacks that collingwood are off loading. But I'm surprised the Pies don't want pick one twice for those players.