Sydney Swans Forgotten man Jesse White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oldie60
Club Player

Sydney Swans Forgotten man Jesse White

I keep hearing of all the current crop of talented big men but not much thought thrown up about Jesse White who a couple of years ago showed so much promise as a forward / ruckman type. Probably got pushed aside with the development of Pyke and the recruiting of Seaby. Any thoughts?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sydney Swans Forgotten man Jesse White

Yeah I wondered the same thing a while ago. He isn't even getting offered up for trade so don't know what happened. I wouldn't mind Joel Smithing Gary Rowan either.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

And if they get Kurt Tippett - Tommy Walsh might be forgotten too

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:And if they get Kurt Tippett - Tommy Walsh might be forgotten too
Tommy Walsh should be well and truly forgotten

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I meant that if Tippett ends up in a Swans jumper, they might just forget that they ever recruited Walsh. He was there as a backup when LRT or Goodse were injured and unless he somehow strings a few good games together early in 2013, I don't see how he can be a regular in their team.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The sooner Tippet nominates where he wants to go then a lot of this speculation will cease...
However, he has to then get to where he wants to go...that is a whole different ball game, especially if it takes up most of trade week..

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:Yeah I wondered the same thing a while ago. He isn't even getting offered up for trade so don't know what happened. I wouldn't mind Joel Smithing Gary Rowan either.
Gary Rohan? Yes please!

Don't care where he's from, he should come home to the Saintas! We welcome Rangas! :idea:

How's about pick 12, and as an extra special sweetener and favour to them, if pushed, we could also relieve their list and salary cap of Drago?

Go for it Pelican!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
gringo wrote:Yeah I wondered the same thing a while ago. He isn't even getting offered up for trade so don't know what happened. I wouldn't mind Joel Smithing Gary Rowan either.
Gary Rohan? Yes please!

Don't care where he's from, he should come home to the Saintas! We welcome Rangas! :idea:

How's about pick 12, and as an extra special sweetener and favour to them, if pushed, we could also relieve their list and salary cap of Drago?

Go for it Pelican!
You do realise Rohan is still recovering from a horrific broken leg he suffered early-mid stages of this year (I think against the Roos)...

The Saints are coming!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Gary Rohan? Yes please!

Go for it Pelican!
Drago...don't we want guys that CAN play..they did us a favour by poaching him...WTF would we want him back

I never understand why people love spuds

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Gary Rohan? Yes please!

Go for it Pelican!
You do realise Rohan is still recovering from a horrific broken leg he suffered early-mid stages of this year (I think against the Roos)...
Yep, I realise that TBS.

But you make a good point... :idea: so stuff 'em, no sweetener... the Swines will just have to keep Drago. :mrgreen:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would rather steal Rohan

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

White is contracted for another year but, given Sam Reid's development, the recruitment of Tommy Walsh and their potential to snare Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett, the Swans are happy to facilitate a trade.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/swan ... z28RIoLOat

lloyd21
Club Player

No way white is a dud

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have an idea. Lets also forget Jessie White.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I have an idea. Lets also forget Jessie White.
Good plan, can we add Dawes, Moloney, Slattery, Monfries, Martin, Wellingham, etc to that list?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If we get all of the rejects, we can be like the Brisbane Bears in 1987

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

There won't be any shortage of whipping boys. We've really been lacking in that area since Zac left and SW refused to play Raph.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Jesse White isn't a bad player- definitely showed a bit a few years back - but he's a victim of a few things.

- He's 192cm but not a power forward.
- He's not a ruckman.
- He lacks intensity.
- He doesn't split packs.

A much better option, as I've posted elsewhere, would be Matt Spangher. Powerfully-built, fantastic character, can play in defence or attack and available for the same price as White - very little. The Swans will try to keep Spangher but won't stand in his way if a trade is offered.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:A much better option, as I've posted elsewhere, would be Matt Spangher. Powerfully-built, fantastic character, can play in defence or attack and available for the same price as White - very little. The Swans will try to keep Spangher but won't stand in his way if a trade is offered.
Whatever happened to him? I thought he looked OK off and on at West Coast, but he only played six games in two seasons at Sydney - none at all this year. Injured, or something? He'll turn 26 at the start of next year, so surely it's now or never for him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Jesse White isn't a bad player- definitely showed a bit a few years back - but he's a victim of a few things.

- He's not a ruckman.
- He lacks intensity.

A much better option, as I've posted elsewhere, would be Matt Spangher. Powerfully-built, fantastic character, can play in defence or attack and available for the same price as White - very little. The Swans will try to keep Spangher but won't stand in his way if a trade is offered.

I actually thought Spangher was a worse player than White. He a little messy and clumsy looking Spangher. White is a not quite as good version of Tippett in that they play better as an over sized lead up forward. Tippett is not worth more than about $650k per year by the way on his output. But I guess they are buying potential. we need talls and if he came for pretty much zip I would have a look at him as a back up tall forward or move him back and make him accountable for a player.

saint6709
Club Player

gringo wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Jesse White isn't a bad player- definitely showed a bit a few years back - but he's a victim of a few things.

- He's not a ruckman.
- He lacks intensity.

I actually thought Spangher was a worse player than White. He a little messy and clumsy looking Spangher. White is a not quite as good version of Tippett in that they play better as an over sized lead up forward. Tippett is not worth more than about $650k per year by the way on his output. But I guess they are buying potential. we need talls and if he came for pretty much zip I would have a look at him as a back up tall forward or move him back and make him accountable for a player.
According Swans website - White is

Details
Number 18
Height 197cm
Weight 107kg
DOB 09-01-1988
Debut 2008

That makes him 'power' status I would think - The times I've seen him on the telly I thought he looked very good - BUT his stats seem pretty average and he was a late pick 79 or something?? So would think him a risky move but perhaps if he went well down the list he would be worth a risk??

Could he be reinvented and become the power back we need ?? - has the size and from what I've seen speed - also from QLD so can reminisce about nights at "the patch' with some of his fellow Queenslanders in the team

hotdish
Club Player

White is a player who would be perfect fit into our side. However I think Sydney would want a 2nd round pick for him - that isn't happening in my books.

White is a ruckman - He predominantly rucked this year with the Sydney reserves side and made the NEAFL team of the year - as a ruck.

St Lenny
Club Player

He was a massive Saints supporter before becoming a Swan

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:He was a massive Saints supporter before becoming a Swan

Well that is good.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

If hickeys is going to be too expensive or the deal cant get done then I would seriously look at this guy.