Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

plugger66 wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We do need a player with 2 first names though.
Dennis-Lane is a first name?

Besides, i think Jack Steven has him covered anyway. Or Rhys, or Tom Lee

We have no one with 2 first names that is actually a last name as well as another last name. And if you understand that can you explain pi to me.

And you've written that at 5.08 am. Did you write it in your sleep? That would explain it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Dennis-Lane is a first name?

Besides, i think Jack Steven has him covered anyway. Or Rhys, or Tom Lee

We have no one with 2 first names that is actually a last name as well as another last name. And if you understand that can you explain pi to me.

And you've written that at 5.08 am. Did you write it in your sleep? That would explain it.

I wrote it at 8.03am. Your WA time thingy is up the duff.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I've found the link....

Scott Watters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In November 2006 he was announced as the coach of the Subiaco Football Club, replacing Peter German.

and.....

Trent DENNIS-LANE (Subiaco)
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/1817
I do not like where this is going…

Good time to be an old mate of Watters...

Terrence Trent D'arby, FFS.
Rossy & I laugh at you every single day

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

jacobs looks north bound

avid
Club Player

If the Trent-Lane rumour is correct, it suggests to me that we might be offering Milera to Port Adelaide for Jacobs.
Trent-Lane looked fantastic a couple of years ago at Sydney, but has been eclipsed now by Lewis Jetta.
He'd go some way towards replacing the Mozzie as a small skinny goal-kicking speedster.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Next we will be going after L.Roberts-Thompson.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

borderbarry wrote:Next we will be going after L.Roberts-Thompson.
I'd rather their extra 9.8% in the salary cap so that we can offset the rising cost of living in Seaford. :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Any news on Hickey? I thought we were going to aggressive in the trade period? IMO I would like to see us trade for picks in the draft.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

SaintWodonga wrote:Any news on Hickey? I thought we were going to aggressive in the trade period? IMO I would like to see us trade for picks in the draft.
It's all just a matter of waiting til Friday to find out what our Goddard compensation pick is.

sax
Club Player

Saints should offer North pick 43 for Cam Pederson. 193cm, 100kg, can play all over the park! Only 25.

Would be great as a tall defender!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

People who are sooking about a rumour about us Gettin Denis-lane and linking it to Watters are seriously under estimating the roles Bains and Pelchen hold ... Scotty would have a say on who we pick but ultimately it's Bains and Pelchens job to choose who we pick and trade for so this BS about Scotty turning the saints into a WA team is off the mark

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stevie
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Next we will be going after L.Roberts-Thompson.
Gary Ablett-Junior would be better...

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't be surprised if the Dennis-Lane rumour/trade comes from a request from the player.

It seems like he's at the point of his career where he needs a kick start, and having worked with Watters before, he probably thinks he can settle quicker with a setup he knows.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:People who are sooking about a rumour about us Gettin Denis-lane and linking it to Watters are seriously under estimating the roles Bains and Pelchen hold ... Scotty would have a say on who we pick but ultimately it's Bains and Pelchens job to choose who we pick and trade for so this BS about Scotty turning the saints into a WA team is off the mark
So a pure coincidence that Wilkes & Lee are from the WAFL, Watters coached Dennis-lane in the WAFL and nearly all of our new coaching staff are from WA?

And you are defending this process from where - WA is it?

I hope you are right, but it's starting to look a bit matesy in my opinion.

I also hope Trent hyphen is a rumour only.

busso mick
Club Player

No to two-dads from me. He reminds me of Ryan Gamble who floats in and out of the play and applies little forward pressure. The fact that Sydney picked Morton for the finals ahead of him is an indication of my point. I did see him play for Subiaco for a few years and he is a clever player without being an impact player. Saad and Milera would be ahead of at the Saints easily at the moment.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:People who are sooking about a rumour about us Gettin Denis-lane and linking it to Watters are seriously under estimating the roles Bains and Pelchen hold ... Scotty would have a say on who we pick but ultimately it's Bains and Pelchens job to choose who we pick and trade for so this BS about Scotty turning the saints into a WA team is off the mark
So a pure coincidence that Wilkes & Lee are from the WAFL, Watters coached Dennis-lane in the WAFL and nearly all of our new coaching staff are from WA?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78258

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

General consensus is that he's not that flash and wouldn't get a start in our 22.

So it's either:

A load of crap. I rate this at 99.99%

Or he's part of some deal whereby he becomes the steak knives (or perhaps plastic picnic knives). Say Saints player X for Swans pick Y with double name chucked in. It wouldn't add to the numbers on our list and would get us another decent draft pick (assuming player X is a good player). I rate this at 0.01%

dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
dragit wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78258
Yes well I thought you were taking the piss with that thread, but I am starting to get a little concerned.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I've seen a little of TDL in the past and thought he was impressive. Not being able to get a game in the seniors is a little concerning though. I would imagine that he'd be a fringe player at the Saints also if he was to move. Maybe he needs a Sea (ford) change?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

What about the fact Ross Lyon brought in Peake CJ Gardi as well as drafting Ledger Cripps smith Miles... Was there the concern Ross was turning the club into a WA team ? Scotty (and the fact is its not even Scotty it's the list managers doing the drafting ) has brought in Wilkes who was a big body that possibly could have filled the massive hole in the back line .. And now Lee who would be considered a top ten pick anyway .. So it's more of the case of getting the best players the club can get from around the country .. Given WA is a strong Footy region it stands to reason we would be taking players from there ... See the vid of Tony Elshlug at the combine Scott only sits in on the player interviews the list managers ( who are Victorians) build the list

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Yes well I thought you were taking the piss with that thread, but I am starting to get a little concerned.
why ? It's only natural a coach will bring in a support staff that he knows and trusts hence the signing of McPhee ( a highly rated WAFL premiership coach) Michale ( an even higher rated multiple WAFL premiership coach and AFL assistant coach of the year...

As for players Two WA players have been installed into the team so far under Watters that's well under the ammount that Ross Lyon installed in the club .. hardly panic stations

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Over the years we have had most success with our Tassie recruits. I would like to see more Tassy and N.T. recruiting by the Saints.

derby Street
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Over the years we have had most success with our Tassie recruits. I would like to see more Tassy and N.T. recruiting by the Saints.
O.K I will take the bait ......Jody Arnol

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Was'nt Jody Arnol from S.A.?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Was'nt Jody Arnol from S.A.?
Pretty sure it was Tassie.