Brown Alive

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintersss
Club Player

Re: Brown Alive

There was a rumour that the Eagles inquired about Hooker from Essendon, if that rumour is true, Brown is very much on the table. However, this is just a rumour and could easily be false in which case, Brown is no chance.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:There was a rumour that the Eagles inquired about Hooker from Essendon, if that rumour is true, Brown is very much on the table. However, this is just a rumour and could easily be false in which case, Brown is no chance.
Channel 10 News reported it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

evo wrote:We cannot expect to keep picks 13 and 24 and pick up Brown, Hicky and any of the other half dozen or so we have been linked to. We still probably will upgrade Dunnel and go to the draft with 37, 46, 57 , 77 or so. There is little room on the list for more as it is, allowing for the loss of Cripps and Ray (a problem a few clubs are having this year)
I don't want to lose pick 13 on any of the names we've been officially linked to. First round draft picks should only be traded for the elite imo...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

St Ick wrote:
evo wrote:We cannot expect to keep picks 13 and 24 and pick up Brown, Hicky and any of the other half dozen or so we have been linked to. We still probably will upgrade Dunnel and go to the draft with 37, 46, 57 , 77 or so. There is little room on the list for more as it is, allowing for the loss of Cripps and Ray (a problem a few clubs are having this year)
I don't want to lose pick 13 on any of the names we've been officially linked to. First round draft picks should only be traded for the elite imo...

Agreed. There is runour now via the Facebook tracker page that WCE are tryin to push the Dogs for pick 44 for Stevens. If they succeed, anyone else get the feeling we may be offered 41 & 44 for Cripps?

Still think we should try and get a 3-way deal up with Melb & Bris for Martin to Bris, Ray to Melb and either Brisbanes pick 24 or 33 to us (if it's 33 it should also include Melbournes pick 49).

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: ***STOP PRESS***

Devilhead wrote:
MrCordz wrote: I can't see us trading Cripps and pick 13 for Brown and pick 41.
Edited for common sense
It all depends on how much we want Brown. Given that he's contracted we need to offer something worthwhile to the Eagles or we end up with nothing. I think that the Saints want Brown more than they want to keep Cripps. If that's the case we may need to put 13 up there to get the Eagles interested. I think we would want something other than Brown in return (if not pick 41 then a player of similar value).

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Chubby chequer
Club Player

:)