can he be our Man in NZ?- Spida

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can he be our Man in NZ?- Spida

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6499587864

FEW former footballers surprise you like Peter "Spida" Everitt, the extroverted former ruckman of St Kilda, Hawthorn and Sydney.

An example: Few former footballers are certain they will one day rise at 4am each day to help milk 400 cows in the tiny hamlet of Waihi on the eastern coast of NZ's North Island - indefinitely.
>>>>>
NEW ZEALAND

Life after football has been an adventure for Everitt, but what's allowed him, his wife Sheree, and the children that luxury is knowing where their future lies.

As soon as football finished, they had all their belongings shipped to Sheree's family's farm in Waihi, and they are already involved with the family concern when time allows. To Everitt, there's no doubt they will eventually settle on the property.

"Once the adventure's over, once we've had enough, we'll go and live there," he said.

"I love it - milk cows in the morning, the shops still let people have accounts, working with Sheree's brothers, who are about my age.

"Only the other day they called me and said a farmer had left and asked when we were coming back.

"It's a great spot."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints43
Club Player

Re: can he be our Man in NZ?- Spida

I reckon it would be a great idea to keep this bloke as far away from the club a possible.

And. If you own a shop in New Zealand then I would advise against letting him pay for stuff on account.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He at least wouldn't glass the cops if he was on a farm. He was my garbo in Elwood when he started at the saints. He ran along behind the truck to keep fit. They were the good old days when the players had to work, he always seemed laconic on field but he was probably stuffed from chasing garbage trucks all day. I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a nice guy but a little bit dumb.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Money and women were his downfall.

Freebird
Club Player

Traitor/lazy footballer who took us for 700 bigones for several years and repaid us by sueing for long service...surely our club is a bit more selective of friends

We should have sued him for non-performance.

Except for 2 years he certainly was better value for us when he was playing with the opposition. Did not hurt us then

slider
Club Player

gringo wrote:He at least wouldn't glass the cops if he was on a farm. He was my garbo in Elwood when he started at the saints. He ran along behind the truck to keep fit. They were the good old days when the players had to work, he always seemed laconic on field but he was probably stuffed from chasing garbage trucks all day. I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a nice guy but a little bit dumb.
You are not stuffed from running garbo and you dont/didnt run all day.

Please never let this moron have anything to do with StKFC

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he is/was dumb. He presented that way but in fact he is a reasonably intelligent person. He lacked common sense at times, on the field and off it, but when switched on, could play. The thing I can't forget is some of the games, one against Geelong at Docklands, and another the same year against Melbourne, when he didn't try.
He left St Kilda under a cloud and did the same at Hawthorn, albeit for different reasons, and these were the two clubs for whom he won a Best and Fairest. He then did the predictable thing and went to Sydney for the money at the end of his career.
I don't think he was lazy either, but the real drive required to win a Flag seemed to desert him the moment after he broke his collarbone in the first final in 97. And maybe that is a bit understandable, I don't know ...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Space cadet

Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:when switched on, could play. The thing I can't forget is some of the games, one against Geelong at Docklands, and another the same year against Melbourne, when he didn't try....
He had the tools to be one of the greats of the game. But, as you say, couldn't be bothered.

Chubby chequer
Club Player

+1