Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

Re: Rumour Thread

Picks 26 and 47 to Essendon = Cale Hooker
Hooker and Cripps to WC
Brown to St Kilda

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

If we get hooker we have leverage. We are no longer desperate for brown. All of a sudden west coast will realize they need to offer us something for cripps or get him in the draft

#1 Ryder fan
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:If we get hooker we have leverage. We are no longer desperate for brown. All of a sudden west coast will realize they need to offer us something for cripps or get him in the draft
Sounds as though Hooker is part of the deal already on the table.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Legendary
Club Player

evo wrote:Picks 26 and 47 to Essendon = Cale Hooker
Hooker and Cripps to WC
Brown to St Kilda
That means we lose Cripps, 26 AND 47 just for Brown?

That's way too much.

And Hooker is not worth 26 and 47!

More like 26 to Essendon, Hooker and Cripps to the Eagles and Brown to St Kilda.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I think that seems to be the deal--I don't think we would be stupid enough to trade Cripps, 26 and 47 for Brown.

sax
Club Player

I think it will be (if it happens) more like

Cripps, Hooker + 25 to WCE
WCE pick 41 or 44 to Bombers
Brown to Saints

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Eagles done well..

“Yeah….nah””
sax
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Eagles done well..
I think they have to. It has to be Eagles heavy if we want Brown!

Otherwise we try to deal with Essendon directly for Hooker!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
mildurasaint
Club Player

If Brown is a genuine full back who will play straight up next year, probably worth paying overs. The main thing is we get a decent full back, and possibly get or develop more than one other key back. It was a real issue for us last year.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mildurasaint wrote:If Brown is a genuine full back who will play straight up next year, probably worth paying overs. The main thing is we get a decent full back, and possibly get or develop more than one other key back. It was a real issue for us last year.
Agree. If Pelchen and Co see Brown as our full back for the next 6 - 8 years then they should go for it. After all, they know a lot more about him than any of us do. They will have spoken to Brown himself, to his coaches and to medical staff. They will have studied his AFL and WAFL vids.

But if he's simply viewed as an option til something better comes along then we should back off. If, as many people suggest, we won't be challenging for a flag for the next few years, what's the panic?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
mildurasaint wrote:If Brown is a genuine full back who will play straight up next year, probably worth paying overs. The main thing is we get a decent full back, and possibly get or develop more than one other key back. It was a real issue for us last year.
Agree. If Pelchen and Co see Brown as our full back for the next 6 - 8 years then they should go for it. After all, they know a lot more about him than any of us do. They will have spoken to Brown himself, to his coaches and to medical staff. They will have studied his AFL and WAFL vids.

But if he's simply viewed as an option til something better comes along then we should back off. If, as many people suggest, we won't be challenging for a flag for the next few years, what's the panic?
While it's true we're not going be in the race for a flag anytime soon, the club isn't looking at bottoming out either. They want to get as high as possible and stay competitive.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
evo wrote:Picks 26 and 47 to Essendon = Cale Hooker
Hooker and Cripps to WC
Brown to St Kilda
That means we lose Cripps, 26 AND 47 just for Brown?

That's way too much.

And Hooker is not worth 26 and 47!

More like 26 to Essendon, Hooker and Cripps to the Eagles and Brown to St Kilda.
Take Cripps out of this deal, he'll walk anyway and we'll be left with notthing so the deal is basically picks 26 & 47 for Brown.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

So who is Luke Rounds? We might go after him as a delisted free agent. Anyone thoughts?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
While it's true we're not going be in the race for a flag anytime soon, the club isn't looking at bottoming out either. They want to get as high as possible and stay competitive.

Totally agree, the board have Pelchen there because they know it's commercial suicide to bottom out when the world economy is flat. After a couple of GF appearances we struggled for sponsors. I watch Melbourne and Port struggle to keep players and just hope we can do the quick rebuild while staying around the 8 to 12 spot. Sydney did it and the Hawks overhauled the list that got them to a GF while still being ultra competitive.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:So who is Luke Rounds? We might go after him as a delisted free agent. Anyone thoughts?

Bevo's nephew so might be true. His cousin Luke Beveridge played for us remember and would have links to Watters from his Pies days.

evo
Club Player

The Saints, meanwhile, have moved to secure a replacement for Cripps in negotiating a trade of a late pick for Sydney small forward Trent Dennis-Lane.

The Saints are seeking to load up with a fast forward line blending in quick recruits Tom Lee and Dennis-Lane to complement the pace of Rhys Stanley and Terry Milera.

Melbourne is still trying to find a pick to be able to trade to St Kilda for Farren Ray, who is still in contract and the Saints are happy to keep.

If Melbourne ruck-forward Stefan Martin were to be traded to Brisbane, the Demons would try to include that pick in a trade to St Kilda.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2AJjolGOE

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:Dennis-Lane

Interesting that Trent has popped up again?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

As mentioned in another post - why do we want him (TDL). We have numerous of his type of player including Minchington it seems silly unless they have other plans!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SuperDuper
Club Player

TDL?
God!. and North are getting Gysberts for Pederson!
We could get him for Ray, even if it means moving one of our 40 something picks down, I say it is worth it!
Young player who could replace Cripps! Same age!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps our club is being innovative....we appear to be conciously moving away from a big bodied forward line and loading up on speedsters, it would be nice to start a successful trend.

Certainly seems a concious decision from the recruiters?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Perhaps our club is being innovative....we appear to be conciously moving away from a big bodied forward line and loading up on speedsters, it would be nice to start a successful trend.

Certainly seems a concious decision from the recruiters?
Better pace and footskills are a Pelchen priority....

However I do not think they are moving away from a big bodied forward line at all and in picking up both Lee and Hickey, I think it is very likely that most games will see 3 tall forwards play:
Roo, Stanley, Lee, Wilkes, Hickey and Kosi are all in the mix.....plus Ben who will drift forward. Though Kosi would look to be well down the pecking order.

Three tallls like Roo, Lee and Stanley though offer a lot of mobility.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

How about ... Morton and Cripps to west Coast ... Brown to St Kilda and Ray to Melbourne ... ? West coast get two players they are keen on St Kilda get the player they are keen on and the Dees get the player they are keen on ... Plus all the picks stay as they are ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:How about ... Morton and Cripps to west Coast ... Brown to St Kilda and Ray to Melbourne ... ? West coast get two players they are keen on St Kilda get the player they are keen on and the Dees get the player they are keen on ... Plus all the picks stay as they are ...
Why would West Coast do this? Cripps is worth zero because he's out of contract, and Morton is worth zero because Neeld doesn't rate him. Zero plus zero doesn't equal a player like Brown who's in contract and who they obviously want to keep.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Why not Gysberts a genuine mid which we needFFS

Another small forward????

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

5 hours to go… What can we get done?

Brown, Martin, Gysberts, Hyphen?