Saints offer Pick #25 and Cripps for Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Re: Saints offer Pick #25 and Cripps for Brown

I'd be much happier with Cripps to WCE, WCE pick 41 or 44 to Bombers, Hooker to Saints.

We keep our picks, Hooker's body has shown more resilience, Hooker's only 2 months older than Brown.

In saying that, the Pelican obviously is going hard at Brown for a reason!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
savatage
SS Life Member

That reason is that Hooker is a dreadful footballer. Not saying Brown is an out & out champion...but have you really watched Hooker play?? He is a big useless sack of s*** & I hope like hell we don't end up with him.

kimberly saint
Club Player

savatage wrote:That reason is that Hooker is a dreadful footballer. Not saying Brown is an out & out champion...but have you really watched Hooker play?? He is a big useless sack of s*** & I hope like hell we don't end up with him.
not fan of hooker i take it :lol:

savatage
SS Life Member

I would give Essendon pick 25 for them to keep him.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Do you think WCE wanted Tom Lee and are pi$$ed off we nabbed him and therefore not playing ball?

Nee!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Do you think WCE wanted Tom Lee and are pi$$ed off we nabbed him and therefore not playing ball?

That would be extremely unprofessional and WCE are anything but.

No, they are looking for what is best for WCE, know they can get Cripps for free and are trying to force the Saints into a corner because we are desperate for a FB.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Do you think WCE wanted Tom Lee and are pi$$ed off we nabbed him and therefore not playing ball?
Rumour that Freo offered GWS pick 17 for Tom Lee however we trumped them with pick 13 and a few upgraded picks in our favour. This info came from the same bloke on BF who broke the Tom Hickey deal 60 minutes prior to any media knowing about it.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

west coast have played us. they will deal today and have made us wait the whole period since we made our intentions clear on day 1.

reckon we could have been smarter

#1 Ryder fan
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:west coast have played us. they will deal today and have made us wait the whole period since we made our intentions clear on day 1.

lol - they have only "played" us if we play and offer too much.

Dont think you have much of a clue to be frank.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
martymcfly_86
Club Player

THIS IS UNBEARABLE! Come on Saints - close the deal.

"Whoa Doc, this is heavy." - Marty McFly following Ross Lyon's departure
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:west coast have played us. they will deal today and have made us wait the whole period since we made our intentions clear on day 1.

lol - they have only "played" us if we play and offer too much.

Dont think you have much of a clue to be frank.
Unless we've wasted time dealing with the Eagles, and we've missed other opportunities....

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Close the deal! Close the deal!

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Dermott just rang in on SEN and thought it was extraordinary that WC wasn't agreeing to this deal--pick 25 and Cripps for a player that doesn't get a regular game. WC--you are a bunch of clowns if you don't do this!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Dermott just rang in on SEN and thought it was extraordinary that WC wasn't agreeing to this deal--pick 25 and Cripps for a player that doesn't get a regular game. WC--you are a bunch of clowns if you don't do this!
While I want to land a big defender, I can't understand why people think it's extraordinary?

He is contracted for good reason, Darren Glass won't be around for ever...and they'd be mad to go into 2013 without someone as depth to replace him at this age.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:Dermott just rang in on SEN and thought it was extraordinary that WC wasn't agreeing to this deal--pick 25 and Cripps for a player that doesn't get a regular game. WC--you are a bunch of clowns if you don't do this!
While I want to land a big defender, I can't understand why people think it's extraordinary?

He is contracted for good reason, Darren Glass won't be around for ever...and they'd be mad to go into 2013 without someone as depth to replace him at this age.

Exactly. We should have maybe had our eye on an uncontracted player.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

They could use pick 25 on a tall defender. Also, keep in mind that Brown really wants to come home.

Legendary
Club Player

Couple of stop gaps floating around from lower leagues and other AFL clubs - Luke McGuane for example. If we can't get Brown over the line.

Terry Wallace seems to think we will end up with Mitch Brown this time next year anyway, even if we don't get him today.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:They could use pick 25 on a tall defender. Also, keep in mind that Brown really wants to come home.

So could we. Brown shouldnt have signed a contract if he really wants to come home. And does he really want to come home or did he decide that after we showed interest.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:They could use pick 25 on a tall defender. Also, keep in mind that Brown really wants to come home.

So could we. Brown shouldnt have signed a contract if he really wants to come home. And does he really want to come home or did he decide that after we showed interest.

3 year contract on increased $$'s plus a fair certainlty of senior games made him very very homesick apparently.

Lance or James??

FQF
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

3 year contract on increased $$'s plus a fair certainlty of senior games made him very very homesick apparently.
No one is more homesick than poor Tippett. Homesick has brand new meaning these days.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Couple of stop gaps floating around from lower leagues and other AFL clubs - Luke McGuane for example. If we can't get Brown over the line.
There is a delisted FA draft next week - something maybe there.

SANFL and WAFL may have something to look at.

Anyway we dont lose - we still have 25 and 26 and looks like another pick for Cripps
Legendary wrote:[Terry Wallace seems to think we will end up with Mitch Brown this time next year anyway, even if we don't get him today.

Terry Wallace is a flog. Reckons the Lee deal was great but the Hickey deal bad, even though they are virtually the same deal when pick swaps are involved.

Also blames us for not offering Goddard more than we did.

That clown chose Tambling over Franklin :roll:

Lance or James??

gosaints
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I dare say he decided he wanted to come home after we offered him a nice old pay rise.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Legendary wrote:Couple of stop gaps floating around from lower leagues and other AFL clubs - Luke McGuane for example. If we can't get Brown over the line.
There is a delisted FA draft next week - something maybe there.

SANFL and WAFL may have something to look at.

Anyway we dont lose - we still have 25 and 26 and looks like another pick for Cripps
Legendary wrote:[Terry Wallace seems to think we will end up with Mitch Brown this time next year anyway, even if we don't get him today.

Terry Wallace is a flog. Reckons the Lee deal was great but the Hickey deal bad, even though they are virtually the same deal when pick swaps are involved.

Also blames us for not offering Goddard more than we did.

That clown chose Tambling over Franklin :roll:

I am unsure Wallace said the Hickey deal was bad. i heard him on SEN that day and he was very positive about the deal so unless he has changed his mind I am surprised. And i dont he chose Tambling. That is what recruiters do unless you actually know he did.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I am unsure Wallace said the Hickey deal was bad. i heard him on SEN that day and he was very positive about the deal so unless he has changed his mind I am surprised. And i dont he chose Tambling. That is what recruiters do unless you actually know he did.
Just said so on TradeRadio. Gave the Saints a C- for trade week mainly because of the Hickey trade and losing Goddard.

He doesn't take into account that the trade was almost exactly the same as the Lee trade although Hickey actually has played AFL and has show something while Lee hasn't.

Another negative was losing Goddard. Apparently we are supposed to pay 750k over four years regardless of what anyone else at the club is being paid.

Absolute flog who has been sacked by every club he ever coached. His trading while coach was abysmal. And you dont reckon he had a say in the players that were recruited to clubs he was coach at?

Lance or James??

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He signed the contract two years ago. Now he's been offered probably around $100k more to actually do what he has always wanted... be an AFL key position defender... can hardly blame him for wanting to shift...

Why is is that it still remains ok to treat players in the AFL like cattle... no wonder the AFLPA has been so gung ho about pushing free agency.

I can see a situation in a few years where free agency comes in after the first two years on an AFL list and the 'equalisation' is done purely by means of the salary cap.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...