WHY DID WE NOT TAKE McINTOSH

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scoop
Club Player

Re: WHY DID WE NOT TAKE McINTOSH

samuraisaint wrote:Judging by the (very) little I have seen of Hickey, he seems to play in (roughly) the same mould as Peter Everitt. I think that is exactly the type of player we really need (apart from a full-back of course).
.....and this!!

Hickey is exactly the type of player we needed.....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

look at me, look at me

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

NO NO

look at ME, look at ME

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

rexy wrote:McIntosh not different enough to mac to play in tandem either IMO! Similar type, bit lumbering, good grab, pushes and shoves but not necessarily a prolific tap winner! Hickey looks more athletic and mobile and to be a bit of a leaper, good contrast!
Scoop wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Judging by the (very) little I have seen of Hickey, he seems to play in (roughly) the same mould as Peter Everitt. I think that is exactly the type of player we really need (apart from a full-back of course).
.....and this!! Hickey is exactly the type of player we needed.....
I agree with the POV expressed above. Our long term ruck stocks are looking pretty good.

Hickey, Rhys, if needed Lee, all to lend a hand to the mighty Big Ben. It'll all be good... I've got that from he who would know...

PS: Do look at those OP'ers, don't look at me... Dave's not here.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WHY

HAVE WE GOT THIS THREAD?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:WHY

HAVE WE GOT THIS THREAD?

because no one remembers Fev.

amusingname
Club Player

Do people think that if a player is put up for trade that we automatically can and should get them?

If a player is contracted they have to agree to the trade, maybe he didnt want to come to the saints, maybe he really wanted to go to the cats and be the first ruck. It isn't always the clubs fault that a player isn't traded to us.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote:Do people think that if a player is put up for trade that we automatically can and should get them?

If a player is contracted they have to agree to the trade, maybe he didnt want to come to the saints, maybe he really wanted to go to the cats and be the first ruck. It isn't always the clubs fault that a player isn't traded to us.
Oh FFS!!!

Stop talking sense! :twisted:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I love you Barks

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
amusingname
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
amusingname wrote:Do people think that if a player is put up for trade that we automatically can and should get them?

Oh FFS!!!

Stop talking sense! :twisted:
Sorry Doc, will have to remember the rules next time.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Hey, like I said I've been too busy putting together a 2020 board challenge and I admitted I had not been following the whole draft scenario's that closely

On the surface I thought McIntosh was too good to pass up considering Geelong got him for pick 36

McIntosh was initially drafted at 9 and has now developed and is more than ready to go NOW

I thought it might be prudent to pick him up and save pick 13 for a quality young mid or absolute jet

There will always be obvious exceptions like Natinui for example but I've always thought that using a first rounder on a young ruckmen is fraught with danger for generally they take longer to develop into the bodies required for the rigours of AFL football

I was just curious as to the views of the "experts" on here

get on board for 2020

cheers

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Hey, like I said I've been too busy putting together a 2020 board challenge and I admitted I had not been following the whole draft scenario's that closely

8 years to prepare a challnge.

Clearly a board of do'ers

shmic_s
Club Player

It's okay, we can all stop lamenting the fact that we missed out on Hamish...

Cameron Wood has been delisted, we can get him with pick 26. Was a number 18 pick, and has had 7 years of development put into him. So he's ready to go.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:McIntosh was initially drafted at 9 and has now developed...
Stephen Hooper was initially drafted at pick 1 and has surely developed in the last 22 years, maybe we should pick him?

beartalbot
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
barks4eva wrote:McIntosh was initially drafted at 9 and has now developed...
Stephen Hooper was initially drafted at pick 1 and has surely developed in the last 22 years, maybe we should pick him?
Unfortunately the only recent development by McIntosh has been to pick up enough injuries to only allow him to play 8 games over the past two seasons....bad choice.

BEAR
Scoop
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Hey, like I said I've been too busy putting together a 2020 board challenge and I admitted I had not been following the whole draft scenario's that closely

On the surface I thought McIntosh was too good to pass up considering Geelong got him for pick 36

McIntosh was initially drafted at 9 and has now developed and is more than ready to go NOW

I thought it might be prudent to pick him up and save pick 13 for a quality young mid or absolute jet

There will always be obvious exceptions like Natinui for example but I've always thought that using a first rounder on a young ruckmen is fraught with danger for generally they take longer to develop into the bodies required for the rigours of AFL football

get on board for 2020

cheers
Barks

I would suggest you should concentrate on your board challenge and let the recruiters recruit....

McIntosh is 28yo, with multple injury issues, including a LARS procedure on his PCL.......hardly the background or age demographic that would appeal......

He is also a similar type to McEvoy...

Hickey, on the other hand, is 21, has a great tank, athletic and is the prototype of the modern ruckman....in this age of substitutes and capped rotations.....

Hickey Hits Out (to advantage)....doesn't quite have the pizazz of Rix Rox Rux....but I think you know where I'm coming from....

BTW , if you make it onto the Board....please don't meddle in the recruiting..... :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:

get on board for 2020

cheers
Barks

I would suggest you should concentrate on your board challenge and let the recruiters recruit....

McIntosh is 28yo, with multple injury issues, including a LARS procedure on his PCL.......hardly the background or age demographic that would appeal......

He is also a similar type to McEvoy...

Hickey, on the other hand, is 21, has a great tank, athletic and is the prototype of the modern ruckman....in this age of substitutes and capped rotations.....

Hickey Hits Out (to advantage)....doesn't quite have the pizazz of Rix Rox Rux....but I think you know where I'm coming from....

BTW , if you make it onto the Board....please don't meddle in the recruiting..... :wink:
Yes, your post makes sense and I am not saying categorically we should have taken him ~ I was just curious as to the consensus on SS

I did say I had not looked into it in any great depth

I promise to not get involved in any recruiting issues when the time comes and will stick to what I do best or will do best ~ just being a humble president and the best this club has ever known by an interstellar mile

2020 well hung with plenty ~ just a working title for the slogan at this stage

Still working on the membership campaign thingy ~ coming along nicely

cheers 8-)

Beekay
SS Life Member

Hot-Handy-Hickey leaves me moist, randy, and sticky ?

C'mon on Barks, where's that optimistic silver-fox of yesteryear ?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Hot-Handy-Hickey leaves me moist, randy, and sticky ?

Holed up in a London embassy trying to figure how to get into Ecuador without anyone noticing ~ I'll feel a bit more optimistic when I'm home free

The Craw
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Beekay wrote:Hot-Handy-Hickey leaves me moist, randy, and sticky ?

Holed up in a London embassy trying to figure how to get into Ecuador without anyone noticing ~ I'll feel a bit more optimistic when I'm home free
who's looking after the ant farm :shock:

Not Craw, CRAW!