The under 25's XXV - The future ins't so frightening...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The under 25's XXV - The future ins't so frightening...

skeptic wrote:yeah the doctor passed him fit and he did SFA... then he got delisted... couldn't possibly be a bad decision... he's a doctor after all

like I said in the Inside the Bubble thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78632

Still waiting for you to at least give us one post questioning RL before either GF.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ahem

shmic_s
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:yeah the doctor passed him fit and he did SFA... then he got delisted... couldn't possibly be a bad decision... he's a doctor after all

Still waiting for you to at least give us one post questioning RL before either GF.
If he was dropped and replaced in the side with someone that hadn't played in 4 weeks and we still lost, then RL would've been hung for bringing in someone that hadn't played in a month.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I am too arrogant to quote.....

Just pulling your weak arguments apart...

That just because the doctor passed him, that he was 100%

That if a fully fit player had missed weeks he could not be considered....

Gee it's obvious you never laced up a boot.... Typical grandstand coach.... Sort of supporter who thinks he has a clue

Guess what P66, Ross had a few cracks and couldn't get over the line with a core team of players made up from 3 drafts we raped in the early part of the decade ..... All in their absolute prime

Didn't get the chocolates, so his mistakes are highlighted..... And to deny he made any makes you look like a one eyed fool of a supporter who is willing to accept an unsuccessful past

Glad you are not running the joint, and just hosting some kids

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

kosifantutti wrote:
samoht wrote:The Cats were fresh, fit and strategically rested and Varcoe's, Chapman's and Ablett's run in the second half of the GF proved too much for us.
We needed runners and forward 50 marks - and of course we had Riewoldt who was limping up forward.
Poise/smoise -where was our run in the second half ? - there are two halves in football !

You make your own luck - and RL wasn't strategic or smart enough and the Cat's coach was.
Full Stop.

The Cats had a strategy to win the GF - we didn't. RL was out-generaled.
Strange that this brilliant tactic hasn't caught on. I didn't see the Swans strategically resting players this year.

It didn't seem to have an impact on the Pies in 2010 either. Swan, Pendlebury, Jolley, Thomas were all playing their 26th game of the season.
Well then ..
1. maybe the Swans in 2012 and the Pies in 2010 didn't win 14 plus games in a row and have first or second place sewn up, as we and the Cats had in 2009 ?
2. Maybe the Swans don't have an important key position player with chronic tendonitis of the knee ?
2009 presented a perfect and rare opportunity to rest key players for the Cats and the Saints - and the Cats had the sense to do it, but RL didn't. It was dumb of RL not to in 2009 !!
Most years - teams can't afford to strategically rest players - but 2009 RL was dumb not to do so.
He should have at least rested Riewoldt just before the finals - why not ?
The Cats exploited the rare opportunity - and it was a smart move !
Last edited by samoht on Wed 07 Nov 2012 8:23pm, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes, I am too arrogant to quote.....

Just pulling your weak arguments apart...

That just because the doctor passed him, that he was 100%

That if a fully fit player had missed weeks he could not be considered....

Gee it's obvious you never laced up a boot.... Typical grandstand coach.... Sort of supporter who thinks he has a clue

Guess what P66, Ross had a few cracks and couldn't get over the line with a core team of players made up from 3 drafts we raped in the early part of the decade ..... All in their absolute prime

Didn't get the chocolates, so his mistakes are highlighted..... And to deny he made any makes you look like a one eyed fool of a supporter who is willing to accept an unsuccessful past

Glad you are not running the joint, and just hosting some kids

Hosting kids. What drugs are you on? You maybe a teacher but it is pretty obvious debating wasnt one of your thing. Mass debating may have been though. Who said he never made mistakes? Show me one post or I will continue to call you a liar. And who said Eddy was 100% fit. i said the doctor would know more than us. Knowing how arrogant you seem you probably would disagree with that. I did lace up a boot by the way. Not sure that matters though unless you also disregard Sainter K opinions. Sorry Sainter K you may have played. makes stuff all difference IMO but arrogant people think you have to play or be a good player to know this. This coming from someone who was trying to compare Dal to our emergencies in 2010. Hilarious.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't your argument that an emergency couldn't be considered because he hadn't played in a month?? Just asked whether you would consider Dal returning after a month out for a GF

And seriously
Is that your best effort

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wasn't your argument that an emergency couldn't be considered because he hadn't played in a month?? Just asked whether you would consider Dal returning after a month out for a GF

And seriously
Is that your best effort

Yes because they are the 23 to 25 players and Dal is one to 5. Seriously that is a very poor response by you.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

How does he/she do that?

It's not on here anymore, or I'd bump heaps of amusing threads :twisted:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Unlike yourself Plugger i did and I know I right in that regard (in that I know I've posted them)

As your the one with a chip on your shoulder in that regard, go find them. I'm not going to waste my time hunting for them. Especially considering you'll just shift the argument as you do. Unlike yourself whilst I express opinions I don't say things definitively when I'm ill informed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's really quite baffling Sainter K,

In 2009, RL is given heaps of praise for his 1st 1/2 coaching in which time we should have put the game away. It's the players that cost us they say.

Yet in the second half when Geelong gradually got on top and especially in the last 1/4 we couldn't move the ball forward of the centre... we're not allowed to blame the coaching w/o being revisionists. It's the bizarrest thing.

The players can be criticised for missing shots but RL can't be for keeping Ball on the bench or being able to do anything with Lenny to break the tag.

If the players kicked their goals we would have won - I'm told that's a fact but if RL had made moves it's unsubtantiated dribble that's not proveable. People actually think that's a valid argument.

From where i sit, both arguments are just as unproven as the other. Milne nails his goal on the run... game changes completely - for better or worse I don't know. It seems reasonable to me to say that if RL coached better on the day we may have one... but again that makes me a revisonist.

As for plugger, it's really sad to watch smeone resort to insults, smokes and mirror tactics because he can't win an argument. It's even worse when he actually categorically maes statements that are wrong and he won't admit it. He compensates of course by shifting the argument... where in this thread prior to my previous post did I state I posted prior to both grandfinals challenging the GF team... how is such a thing even relevant to the argument? In fact plugger do you even have an argument in this thread? Do you have a POV? As usual your just here and just talking.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:It's really quite baffling Sainter K,

In 2009, RL is given heaps of praise for his 1st 1/2 coaching in which time we should have put the game away. It's the players that cost us they say.

Yet in the second half when Geelong gradually got on top and especially in the last 1/4 we couldn't move the ball forward of the centre... we're not allowed to blame the coaching w/o being revisionists. It's the bizarrest thing.

The players can be criticised for missing shots but RL can't be for keeping Ball on the bench or being able to do anything with Lenny to break the tag.

If the players kicked their goals we would have won - I'm told that's a fact but if RL had made moves it's unsubtantiated dribble that's not proveable. People actually think that's a valid argument.

From where i sit, both arguments are just as unproven as the other. Milne nails his goal on the run... game changes completely - for better or worse I don't know. It seems reasonable to me to say that if RL coached better on the day we may have one... but again that makes me a revisonist.

As for plugger, it's really sad to watch smeone resort to insults, smokes and mirror tactics because he can't win an argument. It's even worse when he actually categorically maes statements that are wrong and he won't admit it. He compensates of course by shifting the argument... where in this thread prior to my previous post did I state I posted prior to both grandfinals challenging the GF team... how is such a thing even relevant to the argument? In fact plugger do you even have an argument in this thread? Do you have a POV? As usual your just here and just talking.
Where are these mass statements that are wrong? Made up rubbish especially if as you say I dont have a POV. Please is it one or the other. I have never said RL didnt make mistakes and I have never said he didnt during the game. I would have played Ball longer in 2009. What I continue to say is this stuff people say about resting players beforehand or who should and should not have have played on the day. Unless that has been said beforehand it is hindsight. Surely anyone with any common sense can see that. As for name calling Id be pretty sure I hardly ever start the name calling. Some people people are just that weak in the argument that they resort to saying that.

So again what you have written is emotive and will get a few agreeing with you but it is made up rubbish and easily challenged. And its sad that you write about me in a way to try and get a few posters on your side. There are plenty on here that dont like my style without you using that way to discuss things.

sainters4eva
Club Player

I thought this post was supposed to be a positive view of our future and the potential of our young guys, not a rehashing of our past. The past is done and dusted we can't do anything about it but we can influence our future.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

sainters4eva wrote:I thought this post was supposed to be a positive view of our future and the potential of our young guys, not a rehashing of our past. The past is done and dusted we can't do anything about it but we can influence our future.
It's early November. It's part of our culture to whinge about our past during the off season IMO.

And Sceptic is right IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, you made the claim that I was not critical of the team selections pre the G/F - therefore it is on you to prove it... not me to disprove it.

Given you made the statement, one could only assume you can back it up otherwise even you must acknowledge that you're making statements you can't prove/can't verify and therefore talking $#!&

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Another thread that's turning to shite.....

The Usual LOOK AT ME suspects....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:It's looking better than it did a couple of years ago, but it'd still be close to the worst in the league.

The best of our team: McEvoy, Siposs, Saad, Steven, Armitage, Stanley, Geary, Simpkin, Newnes

Top teams

Hawthorn: Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Birchall, Gunston, Smith, Puopolo, Suckling, Savage, Schoenmakers

Collingwood: Pendlebury, Cloke, Thomas, Beams, Sidebottom, Reid, Brown, Blair, Fasolo, Paine

Geelong: Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Menzel, Smedts, Motlop, Varcoe, Hunt, Murdoch, Christensen

Sydney: Kennedy, Jetta, Jack, Hannebury, Grundy, Reid, Rohan, Bird, Parker, Johnson, Smith

Mid-range teams

Carlton: Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Betts, Henderson, Yarran, Gartlett, Robinson, Casblout, McInnes

Fremantle: Fyfe, Barlow, Hill, Ballantyne, Mayne, Clarke, Ibbotson, Pearce, Walters, Morabito

Richmond: Cotchin, Riewoldt, Deledio, Rance, Martin, Vickery, Conca, Grigg, Nahas, Houli, Morris

Even the punch lines of the competition

Port Adelaide: Hartlett, Trengove, Boak, Wingard, Butcher, Redden, Ebert, O'Shea

Melbourne: Grimes, Frawley, Clark, Jones, Howe, Watts, McKenzie, Blease

To be the best UNDER 25's.....they need to be under 25.
Cloke, Buddy and Roughy are almost 26

But yes I do agree we still lack at the lower end....but that is due to several years of poor picks in the draft...only getting better in the last couple of drafts.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Another thread that's turning to shite.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

As opposed to a person who bolds 3 words, makes them much bigger and also in red.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if P66 looks like Kevin Spacey...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I wonder if P66 looks like Kevin Spacey...
I'm sure he doesn't look like Doc Spacey :P

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

As opposed to a person who bolds 3 words, makes them much bigger and also in red.
That takes some smarts

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That takes some smarts

Certainly got me covered.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:

Well then ..
1. maybe the Swans in 2012 and the Pies in 2010 didn't win 14 plus games in a row and have first or second place sewn up, as we and the Cats had in 2009 ?
2. Maybe the Swans don't have an important key position player with chronic tendonitis of the knee ?
2009 presented a perfect and rare opportunity to rest key players for the Cats and the Saints - and the Cats had the sense to do it, but RL didn't. It was dumb of RL not to in 2009 !!
Most years - teams can't afford to strategically rest players - but 2009 RL was dumb not to do so.
He should have at least rested Riewoldt just before the finals - why not ?
The Cats exploited the rare opportunity - and it was a smart move !
In 2009 we left out a host of players over a couple of weeks the Hawks game in paticular. 2009 GF we didnt do a lot wrong in selection in the coaches box or on the ground that we could control. We lost by a goal FFS the game was in the balance the whole day it happens when two good sides play each other. One thing I still curse is the rain. Out of our control and a winter game and all that but one thing we didnt want especially against Geelong was rain.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL