Big Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe
Club Player

Re: Big Footy

We have some f***** sooks here... However I go to bigfooty for general footy news... Not saints news as they're further behind IMO

Carn Saints
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I don't visit the Saints forum much on Bigfooty. Two thirds of the threads are started by one guy with a pair of women hanging out of their tops as an avatar. It lowers the tone and puts me right off.

But at least they have moderators.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Two thirds of the threads are started by one guy with a pair of women hanging out of their tops as an avatar. It lowers the tone and puts me right off.
Thanks for the tip off.

Be back in a few months 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:IMHO, whilst BigFooty have many good posters (by far the mojority of posters) they have their fair share of 'bad' ones as well.
There is also a small group who seem to have a 'superiority complex' about their role in the St Kilda Fan Forum world and take any opportunity to 'bag' other Saints forums (like this one).
They were especially vocal when this site had technical problems and quite a number of saintsational regulars joined up on BF to get their 'fix' of Saints discussion. I must admit that I've not visited there for quite some time though, and it may have changed.

You havent visited here much lately either. Whats the story? There are still great posters like me on here.
Since finally reaching puberty I've discovered that I don't need to post as often as previously.
BUT I still read most of the posts, especially your many insightful ones! :)

Serioulsy though, one major difference between SS and BF is that on BF, the Mods are regular posters whereas on SS they haven't been over the past 12 months.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Whenever I visit Big Footy it is to check the Draft and Trading section. You get good mail on the kids available etc. I rarely check the St.Kilda site

mick13
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:We have some f***** sooks here... However I go to bigfooty for general footy news... Not saints news as they're further behind IMO
For the vast majority of time I've been on both sites (late 2007 early 2008) that's been the case. I'd come here for news and there for some... slightly less violent (albeit slower) discussion.

However BF has picked up a lot in the off season thus far. We managed to get a 6000 post thread in about 2 weeks. With 1000 posts in about 48 hours. It used to take months to get that many posts and we managed to get that many in a couple days!

Of course the quality of discussion dropped a little throughout that time :P

Either way both forums have their pros and cons. And it's why I'll check up on both of them almost daily.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Austinnn wrote:I'm probably asking for trouble here, but I wanted to know your opinion on Big Footy Saints forum.

I hadn't checked it out before but I came across it recently and it seems to be have the same types of discussion about football, but without all the pitiful sniping that is commonplace here. In fact one poster there recently slagged off Saintsational as a place for posters who want to get nasty. It seems to actually be moderated there, which is one key difference.

I was interested to know what Saintsational veterans thought of the Big Footy forum and if/why you prefer Saintsational. I notice that a few of you have your toes dipped in both ponds, and that is my intention too. But why do people prefer this forum?

Not trolling, just asking.
I prefer the sniping...that's why i post here
:wink:it's quite amusing, some of the real nasty posters on ss actually cosy up to me on big footy where i have an entirely different persona....if only they knew......"warms me heart" on cold nights actually.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Both are decent forums IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Both are decent forums IMO.
yep...but this one is the better....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

get a laugh here.
... some even understand timing and nuance.

just a stick to sit on for good behaviour over there.
... no sense of humour.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
felix
Club Player

This place is a great soap opera on so many levels I wouldn't want to miss one episode .

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote: :wink:it's quite amusing, some of the real nasty posters on ss actually cosy up to me on big footy where i have an entirely different persona....if only they knew......"warms me heart" on cold nights actually.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink:
That is amusing... and on several levels. :idea:

For what little it's worth I'm not a member over there... only ever go onto Big Footy for the Sandy match coverage thread... also checked out the Carlscum feral meltdown thread after we rolled 'em early in the season, remembering how before their 'planned 12 goal plus demolition' of us, they had also already awarded themselves the 2012 premiership... :lol: :lol: :lol: I also checked out the Milney images and memes thread that sprung up after Tipper gave Yawn-ran and Betty a little masterclass in how a real small forward operates. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that's about it for my presence over there... no wonder so many like the site... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Yaysaints
Club Player

Nothing much happens on big footy. They seldom have any new threads. It does get a bit school yard in here.
" I've more friends than you. " type stuff is childish

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Do you call people on here friends....

Because at 16 hours a day it must be hard to find time for all of your great mates....

I would suggest I have more mates from school, 8 years in the forces, 4 at uni, 12 in education and 25 in cricket and footy than you have in your dungeon posting away on SS

Ever had a premiership team mate??

Ever actually achieved anything...... That haven't ended in failure?!
Yeah you obviously take an internet forum way too seriously.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Both are ok but I just can't be arsed with two forums plus this kind of feels like a permanent family christmas. For all it's petty squabbles and personality clashes you know there is a common bond underneath it all. Everyone kind of comes on to vent their pain and it usually ends in tears but even hearing Plugger who has been compared with someones drunk inappropriate uncle before is somehow comforting in a disturbing way.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:Both are ok but I just can't be arsed with two forums plus this kind of feels like a permanent family christmas. For all it's petty squabbles and personality clashes you know there is a common bond underneath it all. Everyone kind of comes on to vent their pain and it usually ends in tears but even hearing Plugger who has been compared with someones drunk inappropriate uncle before is somehow comforting in a disturbing way.
Wonderful sentiment Gringo! :D I think we do tend to loose track of that overriding fact sometimes...? :idea:

I also agree re not being "arsed with two forums".

Luurrvve da 'permanent family Christmas' analogy! :lol: :lol:

(I'm assuming that the 'drunk inappropriate uncle' reference is as in 'Uncle Arthur', c/f as in 'creepy'... :P )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Quixote
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Two thirds of the threads are started by one guy with a pair of women hanging out of their tops as an avatar. It lowers the tone and puts me right off.
Thanks for the tip off.

Be back in a few months 8-)
:lol:

One thing I will say about tits sorry BigFooty --

I don't have to LOG IN every time I visit!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I went there for one reason only...to enlighten Collingwood fans that they hadn't quite progressed in Darwins theory of evolution. they didn't like it, but hey..sometimes the facts just hurt.

Was banned on numerous occasions but the joy I got from setting them straight was worth it. I sometimes felt I may have been investigated for animal cruelty.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Irony... this thread has it.
Ever actually achieved anything...... That haven't ended in failure?!
So many achievement.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote: :wink:it's quite amusing, some of the real nasty posters on ss actually cosy up to me on big footy where i have an entirely different persona....if only they knew......"warms me heart" on cold nights actually.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink:
That is amusing... and on several levels. :idea:

For what little it's worth I'm not a member over there... only ever go onto Big Footy for the Sandy match coverage thread... also checked out the Carlscum feral meltdown thread after we rolled 'em early in the season, remembering how before their 'planned 12 goal plus demolition' of us, they had also already awarded themselves the 2012 premiership... :lol: :lol: :lol: I also checked out the Milney images and memes thread that sprung up after Tipper gave Yawn-ran and Betty a little masterclass in how a real small forward operates. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that's about it for my presence over there... no wonder so many like the site... :wink:
Do they have a word limit over there Dave? :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)
... that's gotta be a

.'like'.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.