Crows not using first 2 draft picks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Crows not using first 2 draft picks

Eastern wrote:The REAL story here is; WHY DID ADELAIDE OFFER TO GIVE UP THEIR FIRST TWO PICKS IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT? You don't have to be all that bright to work out that they will be giving up Pick 20 and Pick 50 something this year where as they would be giving up picks 10 & 28 next year. All they are doing is trying everything they can to lessen the impact caused by their DISHONESTY.
Let's hope that the AFL sees through this SCAM !!
Yaysaints wrote:It's quite bizarre how they r trying to be so proactive. As if a thief starts his sentence at home before trial. It does not show contrition , it shows that they are still trying to control things in the same way as they did with Tippett. This is still outside their control as they are a club not the afl. They can not continue to give themselves new rules and their own punishment.
The afl should say u gave up your picks this year , as your own choice. The penalty we give you will still be unaffected and not lessened the next two years.
You guys are calling it as it is! Well said. :idea:

All I would add to the above, is that as part of the AFL penalty... all Crone players, administrators, sponsors and (most importantly) their fans, should be taken off the chardonnay and made to drink only Adelaide tap water! :twisted:

Death to the Crones, and their God-fugly jumper, and their obnoxious wanky fans! :evil:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The Melbourne press this morning are saying how well Collingwood have done out of it. Their third pick gained one spot, whereas everyone of our picks gained a spot, except 77 onwards which gained two. I would say that Collingwood did very poorly out of it.

savatage
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:The Melbourne press this morning are saying how well Collingwood have done out of it. Their third pick gained one spot, whereas everyone of our picks gained a spot, except 77 onwards which gained two. I would say that Collingwood did very poorly out of it.
Yeah that made no sense to me either!

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Tomorrow the AFL should come out and say "We don't believe the Crows breach was worth removing their draft picks instead we will just dock them points and issue a massive fine. We will also drop their salary cap by the amount of the breach and deregister Kurt Tippett. As an aside we will remove the Sydney Swans draft selections for next three seasons because they are just so smarmy and slimy. Fancy trying to pervert the rules and then playing innocent. The nasty Sydney scumbags! Also, from this point forward we will be giving six of the best to any player who says "I want to return home" and then goes to a completely different state for the cash, I am looking at you Tippett and Clarke. Plus as I am on a roll I am going to give a right kicking to any player who trys to subvert the draft by refusing to talk to clubs like Luke Bloody Ball did."

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Adelaide wanted to be involved in the 2013 draft as it is dubbed as another super draft. Therefore by removing themselves from the 2012 draft they are hoping they get to keep the picks in 2013.

Another form of draft tampering.......

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.