Nick is delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Nick is delisted

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:Cry me a river Paul, after what you did to us, it is very rich to be playing the moral card you knob. What a crook.
What he said is fair enough. It has nothing to do with Conners. he still has his job. Nick doesnt.
Hi Pluggs, couldn't it also be argued that Nick still has his (on contract) job... he just doesn't have to front up to work any more...?
Paul Connors wrote:"... Nick is a contracted player and I think the club is duty bound to put their arms around him... There’s no way this sort of thing should happen...

... no player should be cut and deprived a due process to attempt to retain his career through the draft.”
Sooooo, now that Nick is gone..., if the bloke to whom St Kilda gives a career opportunity to... becomes a client of Mr Connor's...? Hmmmmmm...

I'd really enjoy the irony of that... :mrgreen:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well why not delist him after the time trial if that was the issue. Then he had a least a chance to be picked up. Anyway the fault was a year ago when some fool gave him a 2 year contract when he always only deserved one.
I'll try and answer that....

I'm sure it's been an ongoing issue?

I don't think it's as simple as pushing the button on the stopwatch and he's sacked?

Meetings were probably called with Nick and the coaches?

Then with the coaches and his management?

They probably have been trying to establish why he doesn't appear serious about having a decent crack at it...and based on what he had to say, he could of written his own exit.
Just the usual posting here.

Plugger sticking up for the system and K making excuses for the club who can do no wrong.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Club can do plenty wrong, like giving him another contract in the first place.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Club can do plenty wrong, like giving him another contract in the first place.
Didn't notice you complaining at the time.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:Club can do plenty wrong, like giving him another contract in the first place.
Didn't notice you complaining at the time.
What's that got to do with it?

What I express on here has no relevance...

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SainterK wrote:What I express on here has no relevance...
Have to disagree with you K.

Exhibit A is below each of your posts. :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

he appears to be a nice guy. unfortunately a victim of the system
i hope he makes the best of what he's got

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

like i said in another thread... or maybe earlier in this one and promptly ridiculed

it was reported that they were going to push Winmar harder than ever b4

a month later he is sacked

clearly in te month they pushed him they decided not to persevere any further

why would that be

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the thing i dont understand is why Paul Conners is getting so worked up like its St Kildas responcability to find him a new home ? Nick is contracted so we will have to pay him out so as far as im concerned its not St Kildas position to make sure he gets to another club we have payed him out we have delisted him before the offical list lodgment period so what do you want Paul ?

I think you will find like any good manager he is looking after his client. Granstanding is good for the image. Certainly doesnt worry me what he said. Just doing his job.
But is it though ? In my opinion conners comming out spouting this stuff makes his clients task of getting a new contract harder .. Playing it all out in the media isn't goin to make Nick look more attractive as a PSD pick or a Rookie selection ... It smacks of unprofessionalism and if I was a footballer I would want my manager to be behind the scenes working on getting me to another club not slagging off my former employer and possibly scaring off new ones ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
noob
Club Player

They say players don't have any loyalty but you have the question the loyalty that st.kilda play too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the thing i dont understand is why Paul Conners is getting so worked up like its St Kildas responcability to find him a new home ? Nick is contracted so we will have to pay him out so as far as im concerned its not St Kildas position to make sure he gets to another club we have payed him out we have delisted him before the offical list lodgment period so what do you want Paul ?

I think you will find like any good manager he is looking after his client. Granstanding is good for the image. Certainly doesnt worry me what he said. Just doing his job.
But is it though ? In my opinion conners comming out spouting this stuff makes his clients task of getting a new contract harder .. Playing it all out in the media isn't goin to make Nick look more attractive as a PSD pick or a Rookie selection ... It smacks of unprofessionalism and if I was a footballer I would want my manager to be behind the scenes working on getting me to another club not slagging off my former employer and possibly scaring off new ones ..

Well we agree to disagree. If I was a player I would only look at 3 managers, Conners, Pickering or Richardson. I think they seem to do a great job for their players. It isnt their job to worry about sucking up to clubs. it is their job to get the best deal for the client. Conners seems to be able to do that even if it also seems he upsets clubs at times.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:He was given a chance to show he could improve his work ethic and hit the training track hard for the pre season. He didn't. He finished last in the time trial - not great for a running flanker. Winmar is extremely lucky that someone was stupid enough to give him a two-year contract and will get paid out immediately.
I am crap at my job so therefore keep me on?

Please?

as well

"Nick is a contracted player and I think the club is duty bound to put their arms around him and work him through any concerns, not to just drop him."

yes, lets givehim a cuddle shall we as you said

please :roll: :roll: :roll:

saint6
Club Player

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6525228049

wonder if this will come back to bite us? Saints have operated within the rules of the game as they stand at this point in time

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe all this s***!
Are St.Kilda meant to reward mediocrity?
They operated within the guidelines of the AFLs laws so what's the issue?
I think the real issue is that Winmar didn't pull his finger out.
It's not as if no one will draft him next year if he shows everyone his true talent.
Connors should stop massaging the turd!

saintlee
Club Player

Saints did nothing wrong technically, but ethically, I don't like this decision. Should have delisted him before the draft to give the poor kid a decent chance to be picked up elsewhere...

Warwick

I agree with saintlee saints should def have delisted him b4 the draft and given the kid a chance to go elsewhere now he has little chance poor form

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Saints did nothing wrong technically, but ethically, I don't like this decision. Should have delisted him before the draft to give the poor kid a decent chance to be picked up elsewhere...

Bad luck for Winmar and I do but don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for him that he couldn't grab the chance that he was given. On the other hand I don't feel sorry for him hearing that he didn't work hard enough. As for the timing well thems the breaks in the big league I wouldn't mind the chance to actually be delisted.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Agreed he should have been delisted or moved to another club to release us from his contract. Perhaps they tried and no one was interested.

The club as a whole should ban any dealings with Connors - if players a represented by him already there should be encouraged to move to another management company!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

thanks Ross for rewarding him with a 2 yr contract

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

should never have got the contract extension...no other club was going to pick him up.....he didn't work hard enough, and from what I saw, seemed to get floored every time he had body contact. If he's that good Connors, someone will at least rookie him....but we all know that won't happen, so stop whinging.
Last edited by fugazi on Wed 28 Nov 2012 11:37am, edited 1 time in total.

Nee!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to the workings of Pelchen, supposed to be as harsh as they come.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Welcome to the workings of Pelchen, supposed to be as harsh as they come.
This, and isn't it great how the tough decisions are being made. BJ is the onky exit in the last two years that will really hurt us.

22 changes showed how much we needed an overhaul, will be a few more next year too. I'm really worried that we are going to lose Seb to Essendon, just have that feeling...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Clubs have list lodgement 3 this week from memory. All part of the system. Sad for winmar...maybe. Club within the rules.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I'm really worried that we are going to lose Seb to Essendon, just have that feeling...
Why? It doesn't happen very often that a kid is lost to a team across town, at least if they're getting enough opportunities. Mostly it only happens with changing states or with guys who aren't getting games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Agreed he should have been delisted or moved to another club to release us from his contract. Perhaps they tried and no one was interested.

The club as a whole should ban any dealings with Connors - if players a represented by him already there should be encouraged to move to another management company!
Why? And what if the player we want the most next year is managed by him? And we have 10 already manged by him and there has been no issues. Luckily the club doesnt worry about little things like this.