Sam Fisher off field issues?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Fisher off field issues?

WinnersOnly wrote:If Fisher is completely inncoent of any of these allegations, then WHY hasn't he fronted the media - instead of hiding behind his team mates like a 'dingo'.

Having you been watching the Libs, throw about unsubstantiated allegations and then demand that questions to be answered.

Sam Fisher should tell any so called journo tp Fcuk Off and Die. He doesn't have to answer anything. The old irrelevant media like the Age and dinosaurs like Wilson are not judge and jury.

Allege it Wilson and get you tawdry arse sued off. But wait. No allegations just smear, innenduo and gossip.

Really Wilson and the print media are becoming desperate because of their diminishing relevance and are resorting to sensationalism and low brow tabloid smear to get a headline.

A sad ending to a once important and powerful profession.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Could potentially have a gambling addiction?

Complete guess and probably entirely wrong, however it would fit.
He is a footballer.
Footballers have nothing that makes them especially intelligent or different from the rest of the community.
They are a perfect sample of our community except that they get paid out of all proportion to the rest of the community.
This means they have the power to overindulge so much more.

Pissheads becomes severe pissheads.
Womanisers become disgraceful womanisers.
Gamblers become crazed gamblers.
Dumb idiots become imbeciles.
Highly intelligent become very wealthy like Mike Fitzpatrick.

My money, not that I am a gambler, is on severe pisshead.

Not being a gambler means I haven't lost anything.
But now if I had money it would be on illicit drugs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:If Fisher is completely inncoent of any of these allegations, then WHY hasn't he fronted the media - instead of hiding behind his team mates like a 'dingo'.

Having you been watching the Libs, throw about unsubstantiated allegations and then demand that questions to be answered.
Well now we know why the questions were not answered - because she knows she broke the law and the transcript of her interview at Slimy & Grimy proves it.
ALP union leaders, workers money gone missing, story seems to repeat and repeat.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Well now we know why the questions were not answered - because she knows she broke the law and the transcript of her interview at Slimy & Grimy proves it.
ALP union leaders, workers money gone missing, story seems to repeat and repeat.

:wink: +1.. :wink: ...she's a real sleaze bucket and our pm....unfortunately.....now back to footy sleaze and that caro woman....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Sam Fisher should tell any so called journo tp Fcuk Off and Die. He doesn't have to answer anything. The old irrelevant media like the Age and dinosaurs like Wilson are not judge and jury.

Allege it Wilson and get you tawdry arse sued off. But wait. No allegations just smear, innenduo and gossip.

Really Wilson and the print media are becoming desperate because of their diminishing relevance and are resorting to sensationalism and low brow tabloid smear to get a headline.

A sad ending to a once important and powerful profession.

Yeah agree, it's sad watching journalism turn into infotainment. I watched a doco on journalism with some old school journos and their view was that it's going to disappear sooner rather than later and become centrally sourced news with no competition or controversy. Pretty much gossip columns and personal gripes these days already rather than news. Politics is a product of the media at the moment and yet the papers are happy to blame pollies while creating the platform for their own means.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Wrong forum. Go to the GF if you want to make unsubstantiated allegations and show your complete lack of ignorance, even moreso than you usually do about football.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Wrong forum. Go to the GF if you want to make unsubstantiated allegations and show your complete lack of ignorance, even moreso than you usually do about football.

Just over look the Liberals record with that stuff. I remember John Elliot was president of the liberal party when he was up to his neck in the Waterwheel asset stripping case. I'm not sure I'd take the word of a paid stooge too seriously anyway with the Gillard case.

My wife is a solicitor and those kind of setting up companies and little shitty things like minor contracts are what you do for mates and family. Seriously wouldn't have taken signing it up seriously as it wasn't a serious issue. If that's all the dirt they could dish up after 20 years she's pretty clean.

Malcolm Turnbull worked for some of Australia's dirtiest business men -you wouldn't want to know what some of them got up to in the day. Unions have crims in them politics has crims, companies have crims and society has them. Maybe it's pretty common in humans to feather their own nests anyway possible.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I'm not reading through 8 pages of crap.
What has Sam Fisher done?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Wrong forum. Go to the GF if you want to make unsubstantiated allegations and show your complete lack of ignorance, even moreso than you usually do about football.

Just over look the Liberals record with that stuff. I remember John Elliot was president of the liberal party when he was up to his neck in the Waterwheel asset stripping case. I'm not sure I'd take the word of a paid stooge too seriously anyway with the Gillard case.

My wife is a solicitor and those kind of setting up companies and little shitty things like minor contracts are what you do for mates and family. Seriously wouldn't have taken signing it up seriously as it wasn't a serious issue. If that's all the dirt they could dish up after 20 years she's pretty clean.

Malcolm Turnbull worked for some of Australia's dirtiest business men -you wouldn't want to know what some of them got up to in the day. Unions have crims in them politics has crims, companies have crims and society has them. Maybe it's pretty common in humans to feather their own nests anyway possible.
seems to me from ace's post above where he quotes that well known bully who i won't give credit by naming , that he was the one who took the thread off topic by throwing s*** at the libs....now he is squawking like the stuck pig he is......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:I'm not reading through 8 pages of crap.
What has Sam Fisher done?
nothing that any of us know about ..it's just a filth peddler, peddling her filth.....

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Wake up K, our blokes are the same as the rest of the genY population and use so called recreational drugs whenever they can get away with it. I don't like it , but it's a fact of life, sad as it may be.

Personally my drug of choice is alcohol and I try to use it in moderation, and I don't drive after a few vinos.

AFL footballers are much more likely to use drugs, they have plenty of money, very few outlets these days and a very stressful environment.
I've said already in this thread that I wouldn't be surprised if there is truth to it, and wondered why people were quick to defend our club here.

I am still allowed to question her incredibly poor articles lately, her non commital vague language used to write them, statements like 'if half of what I've heard is true' as basis for much of it....

So she is going to call for the Pies to sack Dane Swan, I think it crosses a line personally....she is a football writer, not a judge and jury.

As far as my personal opinions on these issues. Judging another...from my perspective is a dangerous past time. I just hope people get through their issues relatively unscathed, and just want the best for people. Who knows the full extent of the who's why's and how's....I certainly don't. If people are struggling with this stuff, I hope they can get out without much hurt to themselves and loved ones.
Hey K, now this is a loose(ish) analogy coz I reckon you started way in advance of the three blokes you've annointed to date...,

... but it looks to me like maybe you should put yourself on your banner this year... coz lately you're on a roll, and are taking your posting to another level again. :idea:

Totally agree with what you've written above. Beautifully encapsulates and articulates the essence of what's wrong with Caro's (and the other) article...

(... on players who my or may not coz someone you know well someone may know who knows ok Caro knows but won't actually say so coz a club has a culture issue coz of not enough WCs at their state of the art and what a load of fluff Caro. :roll: )
mullet wrote:The players association needs to support drug tests for off season for those already recorded with a strike. After all isnt the idea to help them.
Hi Mullet, unless I'm missing something, your suggestion sounds like a damn good one to me! Damn good, because, sure it's a compromise in that both sides give little, but it's not a compromise in terms of effect... coz those most in need of being watched over will be watched over.

And I use the term 'watched over' on purpose. Whilst I totally agree with the many posts on here re the 'normalacy' of drug use, and that most move on...

The flip side is that (most) drugs are illicit for good reason. Either the drug's usage is harmful, or if a drug's usage is (at least claimed to) not be harmful, using that drug may lead some people onto other drugs that are...

Due to so many factors... age, spare cash, naivety, mental health issues, free-time, stress, bad influencing hangers-on, whatever... many of these blokes may be at an increased risk of getting in to a situation that may spiral and impact their lives beyond footy...

The AFL Players' Assoc is there to 'look out' for the welfare of the players...

I reckon... when it comes to taking illicit stuff, and where that could lead for some..., well, maybe not at this stages of their lives, but maybe later on and 'looking back'.., possibly more than a few current players could be quite happy to have had someone/ some system to 'watch over' them...? :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im not a big caro fan BUT she does have incredible sources and manages to find things out. So id be 99% sure she has something solid on Sam.
She cracked the Tippet contract story back in August 2011.....

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

A vast majority of young men (and woman for that matter) in their teens, 20's and 30's seem to be the main participants in drug use, and at the same time the same teens, 20's and 30's seem to have little respect for others, especially those with authority including family. It also seems that there is a relationship between drug taking and tatoos :roll: :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Categorical denial of the Fisher story from Scotty but said drugs are a big issue in AFL.

ace
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:A vast majority of young men (and woman for that matter) in their teens, 20's and 30's seem to be the main participants in drug use, and at the same time the same teens, 20's and 30's seem to have little respect for others, especially those with authority including family. It also seems that there is a relationship between drug taking and tatoos :roll: :roll:
Some call that relationship "imbeciles".

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Personally I can't understand why these blokes need to be so stupid. They have everything and prefer to behave like rock stars. Maybe that says it all. These blokes have never seen the real world, they play footy and never have to work a day in their life.
I concur.

You going to see Neil Young in March?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Yeah agree, it's sad watching journalism turn into infotainment. I watched a doco on journalism with some old school journos and their view was that it's going to disappear sooner rather than later and become centrally sourced news with no competition or controversy. Pretty much gossip columns and personal gripes these days already rather than news. Politics is a product of the media at the moment and yet the papers are happy to blame pollies while creating the platform for their own means.
its already the end when what people on a forum say is considered a news story
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 2ahdc.html
At the Extreme Black 'n' White site’s Bullet-In Board, Radio Gaga said Wilson would have had to "provide enough proof to the editor and the paper’s legal team to run such a disparaging story".

WTF said "Every club would be concerned about 1 or 2 of their players re: drugs, no different at our Club. Swannie is an easy target to sell papers."

But he then agreed that more than "one or two" players were likely to be using illicit substances.

"On average 14% of 20-29 yo’s use or have used "speed" or similar which would equate to 6 per club."

Conno said that the Pies should have traded Swan to Greater Western Sydney.

Tess criticised Buckley’s tweet: "Glib one liners on twitter might get a few cheers from the cheap seats but it ignores the Issue."

CTR concurred: "Caroline has top sources. Fix the problem Bucks, take off your sunglasses."

Bruno said " ... The last thing we as 'supporters' should do is put our heads in the sand."

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:The flip side is that (most) drugs are illicit for good reason. Either the drug's usage is harmful, or if a drug's usage is (at least claimed to) not be harmful, using that drug may lead some people onto other drugs that are...
Nah, that's crap. By that argument alcohol and nicotine should obviously be illegal. It's all historical accident and in twenty years drug policy will be a lot looser to the overall benefit of society.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:The flip side is that (most) drugs are illicit for good reason. Either the drug's usage is harmful, or if a drug's usage is (at least claimed to) not be harmful, using that drug may lead some people onto other drugs that are...
Nah, that's crap. By that argument alcohol and nicotine should obviously be illegal. It's all historical accident and in twenty years drug policy will be a lot looser to the overall benefit of society.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

sarcasm? you can't really believe that right?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

bergholt wrote:
By that argument alcohol and nicotine should obviously be illegal. It's all historical accident and in twenty years drug policy will be a lot looser to the overall benefit of society.
Hi Bergs, taking out "Nah, that's crap"..., which I did... :wink: then as per usual I think I agree with you.

I don't smoke or drink. Have a feral hatred of smoking, but am about as ambivilant towards alcohol as Pluggs is towards local councils or what the press write about our club. I'd happily see smoking banned yesterday, except that as per 1920's USA Prohibition, I couldn't see it working. Same futility re banning illicit drugs...

So yeah, I think that the penny has to drop on drug prohibition. Move towards, legalised control of supply and ingredients... the former being a huge problem re organised crime..., the latter being a huge problem with God-knows what sorta bleach and battery acid is currently going into some of those nightclub pills. (Just like we do with alcohol and nicotine... though I'd also query re the beaver urine et al ingredients going into the cancer sticks). Don't forget the setting up safe of more injecting rooms.

(As an aside, I don't get it why anyone actually poke a potentially infected needle into their body to inject some drug to get a high, when all you'd need to do if you wanna sway in the breeze is sniff glue? Just wondering...)

Keep and ramp up the education, and hopefully the message will gradually get through re the dangers of many of these illicit drugs.

But most importantly of all... in the meantime the punters are far better protected whilst going through whatever stage of life it is that Gen-whatevers are currently going through... whatever....

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Categorical denial of the Fisher story from Scotty but said drugs are a big issue in AFL.
Can we believe him though?

I haven't heard the audio. Did he actually say "To be honest with you..." ?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
bergholt wrote:Nah, that's crap. By that argument alcohol and nicotine should obviously be illegal. It's all historical accident and in twenty years drug policy will be a lot looser to the overall benefit of society.
sarcasm? you can't really believe that right?
Can't believe what? I do believe that a true harm minimization approach to drug policy involves legalization/decriminalization, not sure how that can be argued against. However, if you're saying that I have too much faith in the parliamentary system and that the correct policy option is unlikely to actually get through, then you probably have a point. Still, recent events in the Netherlands, Portugal, some US states might suggest the direction is a positive one.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Buckets wrote:But the OP for the bigfooty thread just asked if anyone knew specifics lol

If he has done wrong he will cop the consequences and I'm happy with that but the article tells us nothing!
Thread is called "St Kilda's Heart of Darkness" ffs. It's an open invitation for people to bag us. First word in the thread by the way is "culture".

I dont go to BF but there are probably threads bagging every club. We notice ours more because we are only interested in our club.
You don't go there so wouldn't know yeah? Probably says it all...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Thread is called "St Kilda's Heart of Darkness" ffs. It's an open invitation for people to bag us. First word in the thread by the way is "culture".

I dont go to BF but there are probably threads bagging every club. We notice ours more because we are only interested in our club.
You don't go there so wouldn't know yeah? Probably says it all...

Its called common sense. Something you are short of. Why would anyone bring up this quote that was said about a week ago that doesnt have anything to do with what has been said on this thread lately. Very strange but thats the thing with common sense. It aint to common. I think you have proved that. Sometimes you are good for a laigh though. This is one of those times.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fair dinkum you are a nuff nuff

look at everyone else commenting on the drug issue
and prob 80% at a guess have never even tried anything

who cares what he does
as long as he isnt hurting another human being or torturing animals i couldnt give a crap

seriously....how f****** pissed and high was seve when he played that old fairway?!

blimey