How do you think Riewoldt will go in 2013?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: How do you think Riewoldt will go in 2013?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6528070663

‘Adopted American' Nick Riewoldt still has burning desire to lead St Kilda to premiership
NICK Riewoldt is only half joking when he talks about himself as almost "an adopted American".

But if you are a Saints fan, don't despair. He's staying with St Kilda for at least another two seasons and, if he has his way, for a good deal longer as well.
"Each year brings its different challenges. In 2009 performance-wise I had a really good year and the team had an exceptional one and just fell short.

"2010 brought its own challenges with the injury. And 2011 was a bit of a train wreck.

"So 2012 was really satisfying with a new coach and bringing the group together again.

mildurasaint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
mildurasaint wrote:Still reckon there's another chapter or two in the Nick Riewoldt story yet. He is far from done. Could still play out of the goalsquare effectively for a few more years yet and hope he does.
I can only remember one game where he played effectively from a deep forward position, and that was the game against Melbourne in 04 when he kicked 9 in Gehrig's absence. (Also we lost by 10 goals.) Generally when I've seen him play from deep it hasn't worked particularly well as he's more about running around the opposition defender than pushing and shoving. My theory is that he's done as soon as he can't outrun any more.
Yeah, fair point, I guess. Remember that game. Maybe if he can't cover so much ground he needs to develop a couple more tricks, but he is still a great contested mark and he is a big unit. He will outmark an average defender and is reasonable when it hits the deck compared to some. I guess I have always felt we would be in with a chance while we still have Nick in the side and a few others like Lenny, Dal and Milney. Standout players for so long.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Hey this thread seems to have gone awry.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
shmic_s
Club Player

mildurasaint wrote:
bergholt wrote:
mildurasaint wrote:Still reckon there's another chapter or two in the Nick Riewoldt story yet. He is far from done. Could still play out of the goalsquare effectively for a few more years yet and hope he does.
I can only remember one game where he played effectively from a deep forward position, and that was the game against Melbourne in 04 when he kicked 9 in Gehrig's absence. (Also we lost by 10 goals.) Generally when I've seen him play from deep it hasn't worked particularly well as he's more about running around the opposition defender than pushing and shoving. My theory is that he's done as soon as he can't outrun any more.
Yeah, fair point, I guess. Remember that game. Maybe if he can't cover so much ground he needs to develop a couple more tricks, but he is still a great contested mark and he is a big unit. He will outmark an average defender and is reasonable when it hits the deck compared to some. I guess I have always felt we would be in with a chance while we still have Nick in the side and a few others like Lenny, Dal and Milney. Standout players for so long.
Need to start eating some of that great Texas food. Put on a bit of bulk. Then maybe he can hold his own in the square.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_fried_steak

matrix
Saintsational Legend

one more serious knock to that knee and that'll be it imo

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:one more serious knock to that knee and that'll be it imo
It's how he lands sometimes, he really grinds it into the turf...