Boulder updates.-

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Boulder updates.-

saintly wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Liam_G wrote:Absolutely credit where credit is due Saints. It will take a while to determine if this training trip has been worth it from a playing/fitness/club morale perspective, fingers crossed it is, but right now from a media perspective I'm absolutely ecstatic at what the club has been dishing out. Well done St Kilda.
It is "pleasing"..........It would be sweeter if we can sign a few hundred international members ....I wonder if there a membership team in action....

we should all be emailing the Saints and congratulating them on the media!!! Luke has been a great addition
Agree! +1

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Luke is currently the best pick up of the off season !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire wrote:bobmurrey said " Not sure how any of this NFL shite is going to help the team when they run out for round 1 next year..."

I don't know mmyself exactly but i did notice the coach of north defending their decision to take their team over to Utah i think it is for the 3rd. year in a row. He maintains the gains are definately more than just bonding and if it wasn't so they'de be just going to Torquey instead.
Like yourself i hope the Saints register a big gain - i'll be reserving my own view to later next year.

G OP S A I N T S !
So you will equate how well we go next season with the Colarado trip?

The benefits will accrue over a period of 3 or 4 years and not just one trip.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm surprised no one commented on their visit to The Bubble.

Lets hope that's as close as they ever come to that stupid Lyon Bubble!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shmic_s
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:I'm surprised no one commented on their visit to The Bubble.

Lets hope that's as close as they ever come to that stupid Lyon Bubble!
It's taking closed training a bit far.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Not sure how any of this NFL shite is going to help the team when they run out for round 1 next year...

It must be all about bonding and team spirit, i doubt any of the stuff they are writing about re their overseas adventure will improve them skill wise....

When you're on a junket you have to enjoy it, and it sounds like they are...good on em....

Luckily they will get back early enough to do a more relevant , more beneficial to AFL footy, pre season.....
Clearly it's a junket. No doubt there and that fact isn't been hidden, so no probs there.

If they wanted high altitude training, thy could've jut taken a 3 hour bus ride to Mt Buller and ran up and down a few runs!

Cleary you both know s.hite from clay.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... 2ar4n.html

:roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Not sure how any of this NFL shite is going to help the team when they run out for round 1 next year...

It must be all about bonding and team spirit, i doubt any of the stuff they are writing about re their overseas adventure will improve them skill wise....

When you're on a junket you have to enjoy it, and it sounds like they are...good on em....

Luckily they will get back early enough to do a more relevant , more beneficial to AFL footy, pre season.....
Clearly it's a junket. No doubt there and that fact isn't been hidden, so no probs there.

If they wanted high altitude training, thy could've jut taken a 3 hour bus ride to Mt Buller and ran up and down a few runs!

I do know there is a lot of shite in that referred article...but i'm not surprised you got taken in hook, line and sinker .... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I do know there is a lot of shite in that referred article...but i'm not surprised you got taken in hook, line and sinker .... :roll:

You know more than the experts bob?

lol - you chump.

Shown up again form the fool you are. Isn't hard. Confirms everything I have heard about you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Cool, a dude posted this on my thread on the Niners forum. Ok, it's the one of our Sts site buts its sweet

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bronco ... ts-Broncos

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Liam_G wrote:Absolutely credit where credit is due Saints. It will take a while to determine if this training trip has been worth it from a playing/fitness/club morale perspective, fingers crossed it is, but right now from a media perspective I'm absolutely ecstatic at what the club has been dishing out. Well done St Kilda.
It is "pleasing"..........It would be sweeter if we can sign a few hundred international members ....I wonder if there a membership team in action....
They are calling everyone in America right now.
Hopefully they're using the phone lists used by Team Obama seeing the Romney phone lists would have been shredded as useless.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Boulder is at 1600 meters not 2100 meters so I'm not sure if the benefits will be as great as Collingwoods.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the team used the "Bubble" today

then some hit the basketball.
Tom Curren‏@tcurren43

Unbelievable experience at the #DenverVRaptors game. Definitely doing it again ! #NBA pic.twitter.com/K2L4E9eM

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Boulder is at 1600 meters not 2100 meters so I'm not sure if the benefits will be as great as Collingwoods.
Some of the local walks go higher, up to 12,000 feet (about 3500 meters).
http://www.visitingboulder.com/hiking-in-boulder.php

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

People need to stop being cynical about this trip. Although the benefits remain to be seen, I can't see any downside at all.

And let's face it, if one of the power clubs was swanning around Colorado, mixing with the Denver Broncos and sending it all back to their supporters, we'd all be as jealous as hell.

Well done Saints :)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I do know there is a lot of shite in that referred article...but i'm not surprised you got taken in hook, line and sinker .... :roll:

You know more than the experts bob?

lol - you chump.

Shown up again form the fool you are. Isn't hard. Confirms everything I have heard about you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You're a crack up....the biggest non contributor on here......what a turnip :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:You're a crack up....the biggest non contributor on here......what a turnip :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh the dripping irony. :roll: :roll:

You think you know more than scientists. What an ignoramous you are. But then again anyone reading your jokes of posts would already know that.

Only person more negative than you is Tony Abbott. You know Jack Schitt about the benefits or not about this trip, but then go on to make a toss pot of yourself when shown up.

Typical of someone who cant book a ticket to a match over the internet. You complete dick.head :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:People need to stop being cynical about this trip. Although the benefits remain to be seen, I can't see any downside at all.

And let's face it, if one of the power clubs was swanning around Colorado, mixing with the Denver Broncos and sending it all back to their supporters, we'd all be as jealous as hell.

Im all for this trip.

The other good news is that weed is now legal in Colorado - so no problems if some of the boys have a few quiet scooby doos to chill out after training.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 04 Dec 2012 11:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:People need to stop being cynical about this trip. Although the benefits remain to be seen, I can't see any downside at all.

Im all for this trip.

The other good news is that weed is now legal in Colarado - so no problems if some of the boys have a few quiet scooby doos to chill out after training.

The problem is it isnt legal in the AFL.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Im all for this trip.

The other good news is that weed is now legal in Colarado - so no problems if some of the boys have a few quiet scooby doos to chill out after training.

What about Ice Ice baby?

Lance or James??

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:You're a crack up....the biggest non contributor on here......what a turnip :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh the dripping irony. :roll: :roll:

You think you know more than scientists. What an ignoramous you are. But then again anyone reading your jokes of posts would already know that.

Only person more negative than you is Tony Abbott. You know Jack Schitt about the benefits or not about this trip, but then go on to make a toss pot of yourself when shown up.

Typical of someone who cant book a ticket to a match over the internet. You complete dick.head :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Freebird
Club Player

Bob, if you suffer fools we all suffer

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

...It found that the players who went on the camp outperformed the control group in terms of their improved running by 2.1 per cent...

McLean said the research showed that altitude training camps boosted the training capacity of players and helped them to train harder when they returned to sea level.

The paper said improvement was ''maintained for at least four weeks post-descent and may therefore lead to improved quality of training throughout this period''.

It acknowledged, though, the impact of simply going on a training camp - regardless of altitude - and of the placebo effect could not be eliminated as a contributing factor.
Despite (or is that including :wink: ) the usual bit of argy bargee on here, the question of the benefits from our little jaunt is a very interesting topic for discussion I reckon.

From the perspective of team bonding, exposure to how big-time sports operate, escaping the likes of Caro and Kimmy D, and just as a shear life experience for the players (especially for the younger blokes), and as a PR and also a networking opportunity for the club... undoubtedly a big positive for mine.

From the perspective of the actual physiological benefits... hmmmmm...? I would have expected/hoped for more than just 2.1% overall improvement, and for that benefit to last more than four weeks...? :shock:

Is 2.1% even statistically significant??? I suspect not given that..., "the placebo effect could not be eliminated as a contributing factor." :?

Possibly repeated altitude training camps are needed to build on this...? I think that's the attitude to altitude (hah, hah!) of Nuff Nuff, and also the Skunks(?) If so, how high do we need to jump to have jumped high enough? Could we not now train somewhere closer to home (ie; cheaper), and apply what we've learnt over on Rocky Mountain High???

As the idea of altitude training is to make use of the lower atmospheric oxygen levels, can that not be recreated in a special room for stationery bike riding and treadmill running... ala like we did recently for Roo? Maybe it's a combination of all of the above...?

My definitive answer is the one that's be pointed out to me by fellow posters on here a few times before... I don't know. :?

My second definitive answer is decidedly strident... I do know...

I hope that the club is reseaching all of this (and possibly more), so that the club can come up with the best possible approach/es to gaining a maximal benefit from altitude training... and I'd be confident that that's just what they are working on.

If we work all this out properly/successfully... well there's a significant advantage we can gain over those seventeen other scummy clubs. :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

More starting to find the twitter thumbs now but first one up to tweeting after todays 5hour hike was Hutchy

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:More starting to find the twitter thumbs now but first one up to tweeting after todays 5hour hike was Hutchy
Who's Hutchy

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Cost is the downside

Posting 20 years of holey crap!