2013 Members scarves

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

2013 Members scarves

Just received our 2013 member scarves and I am happy to report that after last years debacle, this years scarve are great quality. They are extra long and wide and well made. Very pleased!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2013 Members scarves

BringBackMadDog wrote:Just received our 2013 member scarves and I am happy to report that after last years debacle, this years scarve are great quality. They are extra long and wide and well made. Very pleased!!
Tis a nice looking neck warmer :)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Just received our 2013 member scarves and I am happy to report that after last years debacle, this years scarve are great quality. They are extra long and wide and well made. Very pleased!!
How much do they cost as a member?

What are the discounts?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
How much do they cost as a member?

What are the discounts?
Think mine was $15 plus $5 postage.

Q-TRAIN
Club Player

After last yrs FURTIUS QUO RIDELIUS debarcle , i think the Chinese sweatshop is still struggling with its Latin.
My new Scarf says FULLBACKIUS NO MOREIUS :P :P

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

$15? are you serious? highway robbery at its best.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:$15? are you serious? highway robbery at its best.
You know the money goes to the club, right? You want cheap, buy a knock-off scarf from a dodgy shop in the city, and be comfortable with the fact that you chose not to contribute to the future success of St Kilda footy club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
You know the money goes to the club, right? You want cheap, buy a knock-off scarf from a dodgy shop in the city, and be comfortable with the fact that you chose not to contribute to the future success of St Kilda footy club.
Well said Sir 8-)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

C'mon, they're a bargain. Hand woven from merino wool :mrgreen:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
I contribute in other ways. They should be free as a part of the membership like most other years. I dont wear on one so no need to buy one but i do like to collect them over the years. they would be bought in bulk and im sure at a very small price, so would be nice to get something small in return for buying a membership each year.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:I contribute in other ways. They should be free as a part of the membership like most other years. I dont wear on one so no need to buy one but i do like to collect them over the years. they would be bought in bulk and im sure at a very small price, so would be nice to get something small in return for buying a membership each year.
Don't you get to go to games for free? And support the club? That's what you get in return.

Giving scarves away for free with memberships is a stupid idea. I don't want them, so that just means I throw them out each year. Thousands of others do the same. What a indefensible waste. It costs the club, it uses up resources, it takes up space in landfill.

A few people who want a new scarf each year end up happy. But why do you need a new scarf each year? I've had two Saints scarves ever. My Dad bought me my first one in 1989. I got my second one before the 1997 grand final. It still works perfectly well to keep me warm and display club colours.

"Collecting" crappy one-off scarves is stupid consumerism at its best. If it makes you happy, that's fine. But don't pretend that the rest of us should subsidise your hobby.

mickbag1959

I wanted one so I bought one.
If I didn't I wouldn't.
Simple.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mickbag1959 wrote:I wanted one so I bought one.
If I didn't I wouldn't.
Simple.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If the club makes a $10 profit from the sale of a $15 scarf then it's a good fundraiser.

If its only a $5 profit then is query why is the cost price so high?

As for freebee scarves it was a good idea initially but seemed to fail to entice extra members.

They only costed the club $2 each about 5 years ago, but did they generate enough extra members to make it worthwhile?

I'm not fussed about the greenie landfill argument, just the economics of it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I'm not fussed about the greenie landfill argument, just the economics of it.
The landfill argument is a pure economic argument. No-one in the economy benefits long-term from money being wasted, because that's not a recurring source of revenue. It's just like subsidising s*** Chinese manufacturers to make more stuff that no-one in Australia actually needs - pretty bad for the current account balance.

And the fact that we then have to pay China money to take away our waste only adds to it. They win both ways - get paid to make the s***, then get paid to take it away. And no-one in Australia actually benefited from it at all!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintdooley wrote:I contribute in other ways. They should be free as a part of the membership like most other years. I dont wear on one so no need to buy one but i do like to collect them over the years. they would be bought in bulk and im sure at a very small price, so would be nice to get something small in return for buying a membership each year.
Don't you get to go to games for free? And support the club? That's what you get in return.

Giving scarves away for free with memberships is a stupid idea. I don't want them, so that just means I throw them out each year. Thousands of others do the same. What a indefensible waste. It costs the club, it uses up resources, it takes up space in landfill.

A few people who want a new scarf each year end up happy. But why do you need a new scarf each year? I've had two Saints scarves ever. My Dad bought me my first one in 1989. I got my second one before the 1997 grand final. It still works perfectly well to keep me warm and display club colours.

"Collecting" crappy one-off scarves is stupid consumerism at its best. If it makes you happy, that's fine. But don't pretend that the rest of us should subsidise your hobby.
no, i don't get into games for free. i have to buy a membership which costs money. on top of that my social club/cheer squad fee. we're already up to $400 now. plus the tickets to the away games, they come at full Ticketmaster price, the club give no discounts no matter how far you go. now we're up to $500. we play 22 games a year, 22/500 is nearly $23 per game, so no i do not get to go to games for free. and thats just the game, getting there/accom is another story.

when did i pretend the rest of you should subsidies my hobby? i said the club should just give us one if we want one. Very simple, on the membership form ask if we would like a free members scarf, and have a yes/no box to be ticked. those that want one tick yes, those that want to keep their tacky old dirty 80's scarves tick no.
That way they are not left with 10,000 of them at the end of the year.

and you spelt subsidies wrong.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:no, i don't get into games for free.
Yeah, you do. You buy a membership to support the club and in return you get into some/most of the games free. I'm not talking about cheer squad or whatever, that has no bearing on this discussion.
saintdooley wrote:and you spelt subsidies wrong.
The word I used was "subsidise". It's a verb. "subsidies" is a plural noun. Probably worth learning the difference before correcting people on grammar.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i thought they were cheap.... very good quality too.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't like scarves...never wore the freebies....i won't bother buying one either...

i will buy a Cap and a Beanie and a T Shirt and a Jacket.....

that'll do me......i do it every year...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

You're just waiting for the one that has "I HATE KOZI" emblazoned across it like the soccer scarves.
(Is my grammar, spelling and punctuation correct?)

resaintlee
Club Player

You're just waiting for the one that has "I HATE KOZI" emblazoned across it like the soccer scarves.
(Is my grammar, spelling and punctuation correct?)

NO! Judd does not have a 'K' in it. (Or an O, a Z or an I)

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The word I used was "subsidise". It's a verb. "subsidies" is a plural noun. Probably worth learning the difference before correcting people on grammar.[/quote]

bwahahahahahahaha........... I vote that saintdooley receives the "Tool of the Week" award in perpetuity.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SunburySaint
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
The word I used was "subsidise". It's a verb. "subsidies" is a plural noun. Probably worth learning the difference before correcting people on grammar.

bwahahahahahahaha........... I vote that saintdooley receives the "Tool of the Week" award in perpetuity.....[/quote]

Now lives in Geelong...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill get two scarfs and a 140 year jumper
then when they arrive chuck them in the top of the spare room cupboard with the rest of the saints stuff

paulski
Club Player

Yep, I ordered one too. $15 pretty reasonable I think.

Don't know what to do with the others!

Every cupboard and draw seems to be full on them at my joint!
I reckon I'd have at least 15-20 scarves!

They don't even get a chance to get beer and pie stains them these days! :D