Footy fix in the USA?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Footy fix in the USA?

Hurricane wrote:We have very similar intrests such as comic books., video games, wrestling and weird japanese horror movies.

Im excited to move there and even more excited she likes the Mighty Saints

BANG BANG
Congrats' and sincere best wishes. :)

And yep, having some shared interests is just sooooo important, and even more so since some of those interests aren't quite 'mainstream'... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
minneapolis
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Hurricane wrote:So its a distinct possibility I will be re locating to the good ol US of A, Oregon to be specific, in the near furure to do a Reiwoldt and marry an American girl (yes ive already converted her to the cause) my question is do any of our Sainsational member is the US know where I can get my footy fix on TV or online?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

BANG BANG
Well done mate.

Now that we have the footy sorted out tell us all about your catch!

Any chance you can get her to live in Oz once the US is declared bankrupt and taken over by China?!!
Thanks mate. She is already a huge Saints fan and we are planning on coming to live here after a while. Not bragging but I reckon she is better looking than Rooeys missus and she totally isnt making me write this.

We have very similar intrests such as comic books., video games, wrestling and weird japanese horror movies.

BANG BANG

Hurricane,

that is begging the question badly. How about a photo?

You will enjoy the good Ole United States of Amazement. It is a fantastic place (if you dont get shot).

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Hurricanes_Kitten

@Hurricane *giggles* Aw Honey... *huge blush* Umm how do i fix my pic on here? and who is on yours???

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Mines is the Cornette face. Made famous in Botchamania the wrestling themed botch filled Youtube vids. Its Jim Cornette

I think there is a post explaining how to sort it out somewhere

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

So it's not Mark Latham then?

Hurricanes_Kitten

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

BANG BANG[/quote]

Well done mate.

Now that we have the footy sorted out tell us all about your catch!

Any chance you can get her to live in Oz once the US is declared bankrupt and taken over by China?!![/quote]

Thanks mate. She is already a huge Saints fan and we are planning on coming to live here after a while. Not bragging but I reckon she is better looking than Rooeys missus and she totally isnt making me write this.

We have very similar intrests such as comic books., video games, wrestling and weird japanese horror movies.

BANG BANG[/quote]

Hurricane,

that is begging the question badly. How about a photo?

--She so totally ISNT making you write that...lol *huge blush*-- IDK how to add a pic....*dies of embarassment* sorry....

Hurricanes_Kitten

Hurricane wrote:Mines is the Cornette face. Made famous in Botchamania the wrestling themed botch filled Youtube vids. Its Jim Cornette

BANG BANG
-giggles- oh ok. this formats confusing!! *hugtackles* Is it appropriate to go about yelling "Show me the footy!" or do i get the boot for "girly behaviour" *eyes his signature* I see Wade has been here..? :P

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Hurricanes_Kitten wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Mines is the Cornette face. Made famous in Botchamania the wrestling themed botch filled Youtube vids. Its Jim Cornette

BANG BANG
-giggles- oh ok. this formats confusing!! *hugtackles* Is it appropriate to go about yelling "Show me the footy!" or do i get the boot for "girly behaviour" *eyes his signature* I see Wade has been here..? :P
I think that since you are new and from the US the boys and girls here will be gentle and welcoming. Well....I hope so.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Hurricanes_Kitten

BANG BANG[/quote]

-giggles- oh ok. this formats confusing!! *hugtackles* Is it appropriate to go about yelling "Show me the footy!" or do i get the boot for "girly behaviour" *eyes his signature* I see Wade has been here..? :P[/quote]

I think that since you are new and from the US the boys and girls here will be gentle and welcoming. Well....I hope so.

BANG BANG[/quote]

--O.O ..thanks for the confidence, handsome. <.< ...;) Well, hello to everyone, I'm his Yank... *laughs* Cant wait til he gets here & lets me wear his jumper while we watch his dvds. I promise not to let him get shot. *nods solemnly* --

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Hurricanes_Kitten wrote:
--O.O ..thanks for the confidence, handsome. <.< ...;) Well, hello to everyone, I'm his Yank... *laughs* Cant wait til he gets here & lets me wear his jumper while we watch his dvds. I promise not to let him get shot. *nods solemnly* --
Hi Hurricanes_Kitten. Your posting style is, well, different, but welcome to the frey 8-)

minneapolis
Club Player

Hey Kitten,

thanks for the photo. He was indeed right! Sweet as a bun.

I'm an Aussie. Hurricane's an Aussie. My wife is American. His *wife is American. He loves The Saints. I love The Saints. Seems we got something in common......

Good luck you two....

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Hurricanes_Kitten

Hi Hurricanes_Kitten. Your posting style is, well, different, but welcome to the frey 8-)[/quote]

Hi! Its a habit, from being on twitter RP i think. I've forgotten how the "normal people" post anything. #LuckyIDidntUseAHashtag #Damn! Oh well. Rooey's wife is so hot. Hurricane is just being sweet to me, I suspect. I shall not dissuade him. ;)

Hurricanes_Kitten

minneapolis wrote:Hey Kitten,

thanks for the photo. He was indeed right! Sweet as a bun.

I'm an Aussie. Hurricane's an Aussie. My wife is American. His *wife is American. He loves The Saints. I love The Saints. Seems we got something in common......

Good luck you two....
HI! *waves* aw.. thats adorable! I've a good (lady) aussie friend, so I speak semi-fluid aussie already. *grins* Hurrican's promised me all the St. Kilda I can handle! hurrah! :) Its like...quidditch. On the ground. amazing.

Hurricanes_Kitten

Hurricanes_Kitten wrote:Hi Hurricanes_Kitten. Your posting style is, well, different, but welcome to the frey 8-)
Hi! Its a habit, from being on twitter RP i think. I've forgotten how the "normal people" post anything. #LuckyIDidntUseAHashtag #Damn! Oh well. Rooey's wife is so hot. Hurricane is just being sweet to me, I suspect. I shall not dissuade him. ;)[/quote]

Oh and THANKS.. *blush* you guys are awful sweet. *laughs*

loris
Saintsational Legend

A few years back (think it was 2009) a young American lad - Andrew Werner was playing AFL footy down in Mt Barker WA. The Eagles had him playing down there for development. His mother came over to visit him and stayed at my place for a week (she was the friend of friend of mine from Barwon Heads).

He was progressing very well with AFL footy at Mt Barker, and at that time, someone from the Eagles was trying to convince him to transfer and complete his University studies to a WA Uni and they would place him in a WAFL team the next season. However he decided to return home to US.

A few months later while Andrew was backpacking home to the US there was a program about him on the Statewide (WA) 7.30 Report on ABCTV on his footy prowress. I contacted the ABC and gave them his mother address and they forwarded a copy of the program over to her and Andrew, which they were so thrilled with.

Last night my friend from Barwon Heads, told me she was travelling to Minnesota in July this year to attend Andrew's wedding. She told me that The Saints had invited Andrew to attend their training camp in Colarado which he found fantastic.

It seems Andrew has been chosen in the All- American Australian Rules team over the past few years.

He plays for the Minnesota Freeze Australian Rules Football Team. I can remember his mother telling me that often the gounds the Freeze played their games on were covered in ice, and Andrew got some terrible burn injuries.

Joaney didn't like him playing Aussie Rules, too dangerous for her liking. He had been knocked out in one game at Mt Barker when we went down there to watch him play. As she was in the medical profession she was wary of the contact nature of the sport, especially head injuries.

Interesting the Saints had invited the lad to train with them in the US, after the Eagles had been sniffing around him a few years ago. As they had arranged for him to do some of his Uni studies that year with a WA uni.

Possibly one of the Eagles connection who are now with the Saints, bought him to the Saints attention......................... could it be Tony Micale ?????
Why are they interested in Andrew? Does he still show promise?

I'll definitley have my friend give Andrew the 3rd degree when she attends his wedding. As long as she doesn't alert the Geelong Pussy Cats to him, as her brother is on the Cats Board.

Any of you ex-pats in America near Minnesota, you might want to follow up on him. See if Andrew could be our next Full Back that we have hidden away :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:A
Last night my friend from Barwon Heads, told me she was travelling to Minnesota in July this year to attend Andrew's wedding. She told me that The Saints had invited Andrew to attend their training camp in Colarado which he found fantastic.

It seems Andrew has been chosen in the All- American Australian Rules team over the past few years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Possibly one of the Eagles connection who are now with the Saints, bought him to the Saints attention......................... could it be Tony Micale ?????
they invited the local AFL team and the USA representative team to watch/ join training- read somewhere that Hutchy made contact prior to them going- PR good, and I would imagine the AFL international rep would have supplied them with contacts.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

they invited the local AFL team and the USA representative team to watch/ join training- read somewhere that Hutchy made contact prior to them going- PR good, and I would imagine the AFL international rep would have supplied them with contacts.
Oh Bratty, so you are saying our search for a full-back is not over................. Andrew is just one of many and won't necessarily end our search for that elusive full-back :( :(

Gee if the Saints had picked him up I could have been the next version of Plugger66.............. and tell stories about when he used to stay at my place etc etc etc :wink: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh Bratty, so you are saying our search for a full-back is not over................. Andrew is just one of many and won't necessarily end our search for that elusive full-back :( :(

Gee if the Saints had picked him up I could have been the next version of Plugger66.............. and tell stories about when he used to stay at my place etc etc etc :wink: :wink:

You seem fixated with me. Dont you have real friends to be fixated with? There are some strange people on here.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can you pick him- they won their division
img removed due to size......

link for those for whom it goes extra large
http://littlepommygirl.files.wordpress. ... =746&h=497
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 20 Jan 2013 8:33pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

found the link mentioning the USA team training with the saints-- with photos
Fortunately, St Kilda General Manager of Football, Greg Hutchison, reached out to the USAFL via LinkedIn.com and invited Revolution players to participate in the camp.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 994&type=1

Your player is second from left in this photo Loris

and his report of the experience.
http://www.usafl.com/news/2012/12/11/re ... ted-saints

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:can you pick him- they won their division

link for those for whom it goes extra large
http://littlepommygirl.files.wordpress. ... =746&h=497
He's not in that half of this picture Bratty........... on the second link you give. Andrew is in the front fow, 5th from the end on the right hand side. He didn't have a moustache in Australia tho.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

noted this on the world footy news site
http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.p ... 1213403229

It has come to our attention that Livesport.TV will not be available for international viewers to stream in 2013 with the message "Unfortunately http://LIVESPORT.TV will not be showing the 2013 season of the AFL online" on their website.

It appears the AFL have taken the international online streaming in-house with their own AFL.TV service. Pricing is not available at this stage for packages but streaming of the NAB Cup matches will be free. The AFL website offers the following:

"AFLTV is the only product that allows you to watch every minute of every game, from anywhere in the world (excluding Australia and NZ). In 2013 each of the 405 AFL games will be available live or on demand via your desktop, tablet and mobile.

Every fan is different and with a variety of options there’s a package just for you. Try it for free during the NAB cup and pick the package that best suits your needs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
sasaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:noted this on the world footy news site
http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.p ... 1213403229

It has come to our attention that Livesport.TV will not be available for international viewers to stream in 2013 with the message "Unfortunately http://LIVESPORT.TV will not be showing the 2013 season of the AFL online" on their website.

It appears the AFL have taken the international online streaming in-house with their own AFL.TV service. Pricing is not available at this stage for packages but streaming of the NAB Cup matches will be free. The AFL website offers the following:

"AFLTV is the only product that allows you to watch every minute of every game, from anywhere in the world (excluding Australia and NZ). In 2013 each of the 405 AFL games will be available live or on demand via your desktop, tablet and mobile.

Every fan is different and with a variety of options there’s a package just for you. Try it for free during the NAB cup and pick the package that best suits your needs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It doesn't look like this AFLTV is actually up and operational yet. I am now living in Singapore and will need my Saints fix via the Internet for the next couple of years so I hope they get this working by the start of the NAB cup. When I lived in the UK the Livesport.TV and a few Aussie pubs were the only way I could keep up with the team.

Patience young grasshopper
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Don't panic SA Saint. The good people at the AFL and Telstra have it under control. What could possibly go wrong?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"