St Thomo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Thomo

I wonder if St Thomo is regretting his decision to leave Footy Classified and not be apart of tonight's Essendon special.

I can't imagine that he would go easy on his great mate Bombre Thompson!!!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
StThomo
Club Player

Re: St Thomo

No regrets whatsoever Sensaintsational.
In fact it reinforces my reasons.
I have had my time in the media - which was incredibly frustrating - now it is someone else's turn to convey their stance on things. I couldn't have been any clearer on my views.
I think most things I have stated in the past are becoming "all there for all to see".
Im not surprised by the tanking allegations, the drugs, the third party deals or salary cap breaches. The AFL taken an arrogant public stance of denial which has now blown up in their face. It will be interesting to see how the Commission deals with this embarrassing course of events. That is of course if the AFL still has a Commission? I haven't seen nor heard diddly squat from them in the past few years and I think Honorable Andy has sveltely dismantled them and rendered them toothless anyway

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:No regrets whatsoever Sensaintsational.
In fact it reinforces my reasons.
I have had my time in the media - which was incredibly frustrating - now it is someone else's turn to convey their stance on things. I couldn't have been any clearer on my views.
I think most things I have stated in the past are becoming "all there for all to see".
Im not surprised by the tanking allegations, the drugs, the third party deals or salary cap breaches. The AFL taken an arrogant public stance of denial which has now blown up in their face. It will be interesting to see how the Commission deals with this embarrassing course of events. That is of course if the AFL still has a Commission? I haven't seen nor heard diddly squat from them in the past few years and I think Honorable Andy has sveltely dismantled them and rendered them toothless anyway
Well said Thommo. You're a wise man at times!

IF the drug allegations against Essendon hold true, should Demetriou either fall on his sword or be fired in your opinion?

It seems clear that Anderson was let go last year due to this.

Did I hear anyone say the word karma? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:It will be interesting to see how the Commission deals with this embarrassing course of events.
:lol:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:IF the drug allegations against Essendon hold true, should Demetriou either fall on his sword or be fired in your opinion?
What? Why? Did he force Essendon to push the boundaries? Or the dodgy guy to chase the peptides? Or the players to sign the waivers? David Evans has some culpability but Demetriou is at least another step removed.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Hi St Thomo,

Would love to know what you have 'heard' in the grapevine...

Of course these would just be 'allegations' and currently 'unfounded' but would provide an interesting tale...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:IF the drug allegations against Essendon hold true, should Demetriou either fall on his sword or be fired in your opinion?
What? Why? Did he force Essendon to push the boundaries? Or the dodgy guy to chase the peptides? Or the players to sign the waivers? David Evans has some culpability but Demetriou is at least another step removed.
He was Anderscum's boss who may have had some idea last season.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
It was David Evans' father who was Chairman of the AFL Commission when Honourable Andy got a slight pay rise. From $400,000 pa to over $2Mill pa !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I haven't heard anything from the Afl in the last few days , which has really surprised me .

maybe i'm not listening to the right broadcasters ?

In red white and black from 73
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If this turns out to be nothing there are going to be a lot of people with egg on their face.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Why are some sections of the media referring to these performance enhancing drugs as "supplements".

Is this an attempt to soften the language in discussion?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What about the organised crime Thomo?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
bergholt wrote:
It was David Evans' father who was Chairman of the AFL Commission when Honourable Andy got a slight pay rise. From $400,000 pa to over $2Mill pa !!

Are you sure about that?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Why are some sections of the media referring to these performance enhancing drugs as "supplements".

Is this an attempt to soften the language in discussion?

To me the media has started to see the ramifications that could come out of this story. At first it was exciting to have the next biggest story ever in footy. Now they can see life without a strong AFL comp would stop the paycheques they receive. I think they will want this to blow over in some kind of soft way so life can go back to back page stories on Daisy's new haircut or Buddy Franklin's contract negotiations. Today they seem to be backing off a bit.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The fish rots from the head... And at the moment, the AFL is smelling pretty foul..

At the end of the day, AD keeps ramming down our throats the successes of the AFL in growth, participation, quality (questionable) etc etc, like it's fundamentally his doing. Well, he has to take the good with the bad, and in this case, his absence in the last 48 hours indicates he hasn't got a leg to stand on..

Richter
SS Life Member

StThomo wrote:Im not surprised by the tanking allegations, the drugs, the third party deals or salary cap breaches. The AFL taken an arrogant public stance of denial which has now blown up in their face. It will be interesting to see how the Commission deals with this embarrassing course of events. That is of course if the AFL still has a Commission? I haven't seen nor heard diddly squat from them in the past few years and I think Honorable Andy has sveltely dismantled them and rendered them toothless anyway
You and AD are old 'mates' from your North Melbourne days aren't you?

:wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markp
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Fair enough, but could it not be reasonably suggested that AD oversaw and sanctioned a culture of bending rules to suit preferred outcomes, sweeping things under the carpet, and all round general expediency when it was deemed (by him) to be 'in the best interest of the game'?

A culture in which all are equal, but some are more equal than others?

If you were a player who liked to party would you really be worried about falling foul of the AFL's illicit drugs regime? You get 3 strikers, rehab, excused from games if you're in rehab and 'glowing', counselling, anonymity, a free car......

And did he not also oversee changes to the game and the rules that deliberately increased the physical demands on players?

Most seem to think that if the AFL were handling this it would be quietly dealt with and swept under the carpet... is that an unreasonable view?

The only problem this time is that WADA and the ACC are not run by or answerable to AD.

He sounded rattled at the ACC announcement... he probably knows there are likely more than a few bodies buried and skeletons in cupboards about the place, if not where many of them are.
Last edited by markp on Thu 07 Feb 2013 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just want to see I feel terrific privilege to have St Thomo's thoughts aired on here.

Imagine the PR and legal and media teams crazed meetings right now at the clubs and AFL headquarters.

How can they spin it? Looks like the Bombers are going for the Nuremberg defence where they were all innocent little lambs led astray and given orders by dishonest 'baddies' - dank and robinson.

The core theme is that AFL head honchos treats its fans like dumbos who they can spin to with the help of good PR and media control. Their own little apparel wearing mushrooms who will keep opening their wallets.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I just want to see I feel terrific privilege to have St Thomo's thoughts aired on here.

Imagine the PR and legal and media teams crazed meetings right now at the clubs and AFL headquarters.

How can they spin it? Looks like the Bombers are going for the Nuremberg defence where they were all innocent little lambs led astray and given orders by dishonest 'baddies' - dank and robinson.
Yup, and how coincidental that they became aware of all this and contacted the afl and asada only a couple of days before the ACC findings!

I think perhaps the 'concerning information' they came to posses was that the jig was up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I just want to see I feel terrific privilege to have St Thomo's thoughts aired on here.

Yup, and how coincidental that they became aware of all this and contacted the afl and asada only a couple of days before the ACC findings!

I think perhaps the 'concerning information' they came to posses was that the jig was up.
Yeah a little like how the crows claimed to be open to auditors and were informing and assisting the afl - AFTER they knew they they were busted over Tippet.

Kind of like Lance Armstrong saying he will be the 'first in the door at a truth commission'.

treating us like fools!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

GT....

youre not surprised by all this one little bit are ya?
being on the inside for a while you wouldve heard the stories and the rumors floating around

can you give us your thoughts?
especially on us
how far did we push the boundaries in your era at the club?
understand if you cannot talk about the saints tho

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Good on you Grant for posting on Saintsational. I for one appreciate that you still follow Saintsational.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

No differant to Ed knowing his players where about to be busted and getting them to use the loophole to declare their drug use. Notice that none of the players names have been mentioned or even worse its just completely blown over. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
markp wrote:

No differant to Ed knowing his players where about to be busted and getting them to use the loophole to declare their drug use. Notice that none of the players names have been mentioned or even worse its just completely blown over. :roll:

Never read that about Ed. news to me. I would actually guess it was Ed that gave the papers the story because he is so pissed off about the clubs having no0 control over the drugs policy.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Ed made the players report their drug use to escape scrutiny meaning they could continue to play un punished. Shows to me he doesnt care about the drug policy at all as long his players get to play.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL