If you earned $2 million a year.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If you earned $2 million a year.....

Would you be so lax as to not adequately test/control/monitor PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs, but focus nearly ALL your energy on testing/chasing PARTY DRUGS that aren't performance enhancing??

It's great to get rid of your 2IC (Anderson), so when it all goes pear-shaped you blame him!

But no doubt Anderson has an indeminity against being held liable once he's left!

But the buck ultimately stops with Demetriou.

He vanished for 6 weeks last year and was nowhere to be heard even during times of controversey.

I think it's time now for the commission to take action.

The drugs scandal could've largely been contained had there been action.

ALL clubs will now pay the price due to lack of confidence by supporters and sponsors.

It's a terrible imagine he's help create.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: If you earned $2 million a year.....

The AFL don't test for performance enhancing drugs, ASADA do.

And are you seriously saying Demetriou shouldn't get annual leave?

saint3d
Club Player

If I was CEO of a seasonal business, I would need a pretty good reason not to take my leave during the off-season.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree, that holiday in the midst of a season that has a fixture of less than half of the entire year, is going to become harder to justify in the coming weeks.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

So this is all Demetriou's fault because he took leave during the footy season last year?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

If I had $2mill a year I'd be on party drugs.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Would you be so lax as to not adequately test/control/monitor PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs, but focus nearly ALL your energy on testing/chasing PARTY DRUGS that aren't performance enhancing??
How does he personally control/monitor performance Enhancing drugs - has the AFL got its own testing laboratory?
saintspremiers wrote:It's great to get rid of your 2IC (Anderson), so when it all goes pear-shaped you blame him!
has that happened?
saintspremiers wrote:But no doubt Anderson has an indeminity against being held liable once he's left!
indemnity from what
saintspremiers wrote:But the buck ultimately stops with Demetriou.
Hasn't it?
saintspremiers wrote:He vanished for 6 weeks last year and was nowhere to be heard even during times of controversey.
He is not entitled to AL? Off season is the busiest time for the AFL administration
saintspremiers wrote:I think it's time now for the commission to take action.
Isn't it?
saintspremiers wrote:The drugs scandal could've largely been contained had there been action.
What action?
saintspremiers wrote:ALL clubs will now pay the price due to lack of confidence by supporters and sponsors.

It's a terrible imagine he's help create.
What image? Essendon is the only club so far implemented. Anyway it is ALWAYS reactive. WADA is the drug testers for Performance Enhancing Drugs, who else do you suggest does it?

Really a lot of motherhood statements, but nothing at all substantial.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Agree, that holiday in the midst of a season that has a fixture of less than half of the entire year, is going to become harder to justify in the coming weeks.
K, I love you, but that makes no sense.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would indulge in the very best of drugs. 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't do a good job - But is criticized for not being there on holidays.

Here's the reality. He is a very very good CEO. And he can't take holidays during mid season - If Gillion McL is as good as everyone says, I'm sure he could cope. Plus it's necessary for development and succession planning.

The Craw
Club Player

If I was earning $2 mill a year I would probably be the one selling the drugs ...... wait a minute, thats how the AFL afforded the pay rise !!!!!

Not Craw, CRAW!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Here's the reality. He is a very very good CEO. And he can't take holidays during mid season - If Gillion McL is as good as everyone says, I'm sure he could cope. Plus it's necessary for development and succession planning.
True dat. Not many senior managers or executives on this board, methinks.

Yaysaints
Club Player

Tanking, recreational drugs and performance enhancing scandals. The afl has copped some devastating blows . Give him credit when it's due but the buck stops with him.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

If I was earning $2m a year I'd be wondering where the other $3m went.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

If I was earning $2 mil a year i'd outsource my job to someone in India for $50 a month...and F*** off somewhere nice.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:Agree, that holiday in the midst of a season that has a fixture of less than half of the entire year, is going to become harder to justify in the coming weeks.
I don't even know what I was trying to say :shock:

:)

I think I meant the season goes for about 25 weeks, and he has 27 other weeks to holiday. :oops:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Plenty of CEO's on more than $2 million.
If only his name was Smith or Jones and came from USA $2 million would be a steal!
are you out there Sol?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I think I meant the season goes for about 25 weeks, and he has 27 other weeks to holiday. :oops:
No, actually, I understood that bit! But I just don't see how the holiday is connected to this particular issue. If he'd been here would that somehow have helped Essendon not do the wrong thing? Organisations are bigger than one man and I can't see how he had any operational role in this saga.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Pay the mortgage off
Build a six car garage
Buy six cars
Go on a holiday
And the misses reckons we have to hire someone to mop the floors.
Prob set relies up as well

Superstar
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I don't even know what I was trying to say :shock:

:)

I think I meant the season goes for about 25 weeks, and he has 27 other weeks to holiday. :oops:

To be fair I think last years mid year holiday was the exception rather than the rule, wasn't it?

resaintlee
Club Player

Moods wrote:So this is all Demetriou's fault because he took leave during the footy season last year?
Remember Cristine Nixon was crucified because she ate a meal

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote:
Moods wrote:So this is all Demetriou's fault because he took leave during the footy season last year?
Remember Cristine Nixon was crucified because she ate a meal
Exactly! That didn't make sense either. Some people seem to think that the person at the top of an organisation has to do all the work themselves, which is obviously crap. If you're any good then you hire great people who you can comfortably delegate to, and then it doesn't matter if you're out of action for days or weeks, let alone hours.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="bergholt"][quote="resaintlee"][quote="Moods"]So this is all Demetriou's fault because he took leave during the footy season last year?[/quote]
Remember Cristine Nixon was crucified because she ate a meal[/quote]

Exactly! That didn't make sense either. Some people seem to think that the person at the top of an organisation has to do all the work themselves, which is obviously crap. If you're any good then you hire great people who you can comfortably delegate to, and then it doesn't matter if you're out of action for days or weeks, let alone hours.[/quote]
Absolute crap. She had been in the control room on the day, but chose to leave the wheel to someone else, because she didn't have a clue what to do. She left to have her hair done and go out for a meal. Woefully inaproppriate behaviour from the so-called leader of the Emergency service that was meant to be in control. It just showed her complete lack of competence through a lack of experience and knowledge on operational matters. It's not as though she was on holidays and couldn't get back. She was there and she should've stayed the course. That's what she got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do. The worst part is she still claimed she had no idea what was wrong with what she did.

I for one, am glad that embarrassing muppet no longer has control of such an important organisation. Then again, it was through good fortune rather than good judgement that Asst. Commissioner Steve Fontana was handed the reins. At least he knew what to do. Good riddance! Think of it this way, imagine if AD in the middle of this crisis decided to go on leave. May be entitled to it, but it would look, and be, terrible.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

......I wouldn't be posting this.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Dr Spaceman"]......I wouldn't be posting this.[/quote]
Why not?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!