Wow?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ruskin Rat

Re: Wow?!

Last night was a very open game - with a lot of running either way, the humidity and slippery ball meant effective disposal was the exception for both sides

In QLD I don't know how many times I've watched the Saints get run over in the last qarter with players not keeping up or just blowing up - we aren't training at Seaford...... it is a slippery sweat box!... Plan for it

Surely the Club had some plan for the conditions? Or did we go to Colorado for the Air?

Clubs have to plan for this especially in the last quarter against a hungry side cheered on by expectant supporters ..................and the AFL

Ask our previous coach - it is not rocket science - the answer is to keep possession and slow it all down

Hang on don't ask Ro$$............he charges big $$ these days for mumbling the bloody obvious

Where is the experience from our senior guys and coaching staff? Aren't hey full time on good money???

We really let ourselves down by not changing the tempo - can we get some experienced coaches who can sort out the tactics .....other than going the fat side all the time and double teaming the AFL darling Gablett with tall defenders?
Wow that really worked

The key to any contest is winning the Clearances...............we were smashed there by amateurs (sorry apart from every one's darling Gablett)

Who is our midfield and ruck coach - have we spent the off season 3 times a week on Plan A with no Plan B? We have some very good players in there yet clearly we were second ..........I want a refund

We lost it in the clearances pure and simple

Oh and the elephant in the room

An almost universal theme when the Saints travel interstate...............our mates in the green outfits

Particularly the eager to please attention seeker in the number 1 jersey - its all about you mate

Unfortunately no 50/50 there, for those who follow the game it was just as bad as the Port debacle last year, (Port had 5 more 50m penalties) but this bloke wanted a 100m penalty and got it!!!!!

(by the way the final score difference was 13 points, 2 free kick goals and a point from you guessed it............... a free kick!)

Are the players that undisciplined or don't know the Rules?

I dont see any point in bagging our players or calling for heads after one round One - we had the opportunity to take away a gutsy win but lost the last quarter

Looking at some of the comments its all over - seriously you people have never played/followed football or struggle with the concept of playing AFL

The Easter Saints experience was topped off trudging through the replay last nite

Throw in Luke Darcy for his special onerous mumbles - it was no wonder a large number of empty stubbies appeared this morning

Last nite was another Saints QLD opportunity lost

Can we figure out a better deal for supporters on Friday nite ..................................as the Tigers aint that good

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'll have to watch the reply. I simply did bot think that Gilbos disposal was that bad last night. I can recall one obvious howler. Maybe I've become desensitised to it. I actually thought his disposal was quite good and he even set up a few scoring opportunities with it.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Ruskin Rat wrote:Last night was a very open game - with a lot of running either way, the humidity and slippery ball meant effective disposal was the exception for both sides

In QLD I don't know how many times I've watched the Saints get run over in the last qarter with players not keeping up or just blowing up - we aren't training at Seaford...... it is a slippery sweat box!... Plan for it

Surely the Club had some plan for the conditions? Or did we go to Colorado for the Air?

Clubs have to plan for this especially in the last quarter against a hungry side cheered on by expectant supporters ..................and the AFL

Ask our previous coach - it is not rocket science - the answer is to keep possession and slow it all down

Hang on don't ask Ro$$............he charges big $$ these days for mumbling the bloody obvious

Where is the experience from our senior guys and coaching staff? Aren't hey full time on good money???

We really let ourselves down by not changing the tempo - can we get some experienced coaches who can sort out the tactics .....other than going the fat side all the time and double teaming the AFL darling Gablett with tall defenders?
Wow that really worked

The key to any contest is winning the Clearances...............we were smashed there by amateurs (sorry apart from every one's darling Gablett)

Who is our midfield and ruck coach - have we spent the off season 3 times a week on Plan A with no Plan B? We have some very good players in there yet clearly we were second ..........I want a refund

We lost it in the clearances pure and simple

Oh and the elephant in the room

An almost universal theme when the Saints travel interstate...............our mates in the green outfits

Particularly the eager to please attention seeker in the number 1 jersey - its all about you mate

Unfortunately no 50/50 there, for those who follow the game it was just as bad as the Port debacle last year, (Port had 5 more 50m penalties) but this bloke wanted a 100m penalty and got it!!!!!

(by the way the final score difference was 13 points, 2 free kick goals and a point from you guessed it............... a free kick!)

Are the players that undisciplined or don't know the Rules?

I dont see any point in bagging our players or calling for heads after one round One - we had the opportunity to take away a gutsy win but lost the last quarter

Looking at some of the comments its all over - seriously you people have never played/followed football or struggle with the concept of playing AFL

The Easter Saints experience was topped off trudging through the replay last nite

Throw in Luke Darcy for his special onerous mumbles - it was no wonder a large number of empty stubbies appeared this morning

Last nite was another Saints QLD opportunity lost

Can we figure out a better deal for supporters on Friday nite ..................................as the Tigers aint that good

WOW what a post :P :P :P

Hope the head is not too sore after all those stubbies RR.

Look forward to your post after we roar up the Tiges next friday night RR :wink:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo does well on a wing. Thought he had a go last nite and did ok.

I went to most of the Suns games last year at Metricon, and just realized that the crap frees given against us last night, were what happened to the Suns in a few close games.

Funny how the wheel turns...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert on Houli...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We are too thin.
We got the training wrong. It crossed my mind in the pre season comp.
Last night we were out muscled hussled and bussled by a bunch of kids.

Bottom 4 here we come.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We are too thin.

Bottom 4 here we come.
1 800 - age less

Richter
SS Life Member

Bottom 4 here we come.
I suspect that GWS and Melbourne will battle it for the spoon, but after that there's a bunch of clubs - Lions, Bulldogs, Port, Gold Coast and us - then daylight to the top 11.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Bottom 4 here we come.
1 800 - age less
Yep. We need to maybe give someone a call cos we look like a pack of fairies.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I suspect the Weapon will be available soon. Get him in for a pre season I reckon, just to give the boys a 'boost.'

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Bah, yeah it's a bit embarrassing, but so is walking in dog crap. Clean it off, move on, learn from the mistake. A couple of days has me over the whole ordeal. Bring on Round 2! We're a proud club. Won't be the only team the Suns beat this season.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
MrCordz
Club Player

SAAD wrote:JESUS we started slow last year and we did it again tonite! CHRIST! All up here talking about how we are going to knock off Richmond and take a look...jesus christ
What?

Humbly St. Kilda
chermie

SAAD wrote:JESUS we started slow last year and we did it again tonite! CHRIST! All up here talking about how we are going to knock off Richmond and take a look...jesus christ
Here we are celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ and you think it smart to blaspheme his name, this is only football for crying out loud, get a bit of perspective for goodness sake.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

be real
:roll:

Saints43
Club Player

Here we are celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ...
Are we?

SAAD
Club Player

Lol good one Chermie...what a loss...looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Here we are celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ...
Are we?
lol

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

For mine TDL and Saad would be the first to go,but to drop a player you have to have someone to replace him. Montagna and Snotty will do for those two. Then I would move Geary to the midfield. He had 28 disposals as a defender! Replace him on the backline with Wright. Unless either Simpkin, Fisher, or Dempster are fit enough to play. Then I would replace Hickey with Kosi. I reckon a few of our forwards might walk taller with Kosi out there.
Its not the end of the world, yet.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

chermie wrote:
Here we are celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ and you think it smart to blaspheme his name, this is only football for crying out loud, get a bit of perspective for goodness sake.
One irrational superstition vying for attention with another. The difference is that most who have their irrational superstition as an obsession with a football club, are aware of what it is. Yes, by all means, let's get some perspective. You are trying to tell us that 2,000 years ago, some desert-dwelling Semite, claiming to be the son of a non-existent god, died and magically came back to life three days later, before "ascending" into a non-existent place called "heaven"?

To top it all off, there were several other so-called prophets and messiahs around at the time, all claiming to be in the same camp as your boy, Jesus. I think you need to go and see the Life of Brian, to get some historical perspective. It is the most accurate and insightful piece of work on the topic of blind faith and irrational belief systems ever made.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

In this day and age WW, Jesus would've been accused of being on meth...And having psychosis.

busso mick
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
chermie wrote:
One irrational superstition vying for attention with another. The difference is that most who have their irrational superstition as an obsession with a football club, are aware of what it is. Yes, by all means, let's get some perspective. You are trying to tell us that 2,000 years ago, some desert-dwelling Semite, claiming to be the son of a non-existent god, died and magically came back to life three days later, before "ascending" into a non-existent place called "heaven"?

To top it all off, there were several other so-called prophets and messiahs around at the time, all claiming to be in the same camp as your boy, Jesus. I think you need to go and see the Life of Brian, to get some historical perspective. It is the most accurate and insightful piece of work on the topic of blind faith and irrational belief systems ever made.
Some good points there, however I believe that double long weekends and eating lots of chocolate is also good for the soul.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:In this day and age WW, Jesus would've been accused of being on meth...And having psychosis.
The great prophet Muhammad also, Old Mate. Went into a cave and claims he heard Allah recite the basics of the Koran. These days, that would count as an auditory hallucination, or psychotic episode. A stint in hospital would be in order, rather than the establishment of a major monotheistic religion. Still, if someone wants to take on the beliefs and values system of a psychotic, violent, hate-filled, illiterate, desert dweller, well knock yourself out, I say. Just don't expect others to buy into your nonsense.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So diversion is the tactic

I new there'd be a way it would be spun.... The old 'head in the sand' method?! Not bad....

But some it seems, have their head up their arses....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:

But some it seems, have their head up their arses....
Yes they do, and they continue to tell us how much they think they know, after the fact of course....

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

chermie wrote:
Yeah. For Christ sake, think before you post. Good god. :shock: