If they hug, kiss and smile with BJ I give up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Simmo2
Club Player

If they hug, kiss and smile with BJ I give up

I will give up footy forever if these weak ****s share a laugh with BJ. Obviously means less to them than all of us

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: If they hug, kiss and smile with BJ I give up

He still loves us. Crying in the interview. Wishes he was still a saint. I am sure of that. But s*** happens.

Just saw the interview he was quite upset makes you wonder why he walked

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah couldn't believe he cried in his after game interview!!

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

muted the pr*ck. not interested in anything he or any other opp player has to say.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Actually I gave up when it was discovered that Essendon were under investigation for taking banned substances. I lost all heart in football . I will always buy a saints membership , but football as I used to know and love it has gone forever.

And yes I am old, have followed the saints all my life, my dad played for them, so it isnt the losing.

It is the cheating, the uneven playing field, the introduction of new teams while others struggle. Football is just not the same. We have got no hope, while there are 2 new teams to look after.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Actually I gave up when it was discovered that Essendon were under investigation for taking banned substances. I lost all heart in football . I will always buy a saints membership , but football as I used to know and love it has gone forever.

And yes I am old, have followed the saints all my life, my dad played for them, so it isnt the losing.

It is the cheating, the uneven playing field, the introduction of new teams while others struggle. Football is just not the same. We have got no hope, while there are 2 new teams to look after.
Here, here. Except I gave up on the AFL probably when Bazza punched Maguire, then played in the GF the week after. In hindsight it's always been a crap administration.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
felix
Club Player

The free kicks against us just does my head in , the new rules have changed the game .. Before you now it we won't be able to touch the ball with your hands .

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:Actually I gave up when it was discovered that Essendon were under investigation for taking banned substances. I lost all heart in football . I will always buy a saints membership , but football as I used to know and love it has gone forever.

I feel the same.

Kurt Tippett and his reward for draft manipulation was to quote last year's slogan was the "line in the sand" when it comes to the administration of the AFL.

Then all of this crap with Essendon and all the deals the AFL appears to be doing for them, because the AFL may have realised this is out of their hands and they'll have to try and do deals with ASADA. How they'll do any deals with the Australian Crime Commission, well that could be interesting to say the least.

Tonight I realised that I no longer have the love for footy, true Australian Rules footy, it's gone, it's shattered because the old adage "Might is Right" means they will be a winner and anyone who believes in the spirit of sport and the fairness and equity that lead to the creation of the VFA/VFL in the first place, well it's gone and well we're old hat and not wanted nor listened to in modern sport.

Sad really.

But did anyone else notice that with all the barbed comments being thrown at the Essendon players and their supporters, (and you can get the gist of the tone) that no-one challenged our comments or were up for the fight? Must have hurt to hear all these comments and know that someone in their consciences, trouble for them is abrewing.

kp83
Club Player

Well they definately didn't share a laugh with him after the game.
Did you see the body language between he and Sam Fisher? Didn't look like Chips had much time for him at all. Ditto Joey.

kp83
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:
mullet wrote:
But did anyone else notice that with all the barbed comments being thrown at the Essendon players and their supporters, (and you can get the gist of the tone) that no-one challenged our comments or were up for the fight? Must have hurt to hear all these comments and know that someone in their consciences, trouble for them is abrewing.
100% agree. They were very passive the whole game, as they damn well should be.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:

I feel the same.

Kurt Tippett and his reward for draft manipulation was to quote last year's slogan was the "line in the sand" when it comes to the administration of the AFL.

Then all of this crap with Essendon and all the deals the AFL appears to be doing for them, because the AFL may have realised this is out of their hands and they'll have to try and do deals with ASADA. How they'll do any deals with the Australian Crime Commission, well that could be interesting to say the least.

Tonight I realised that I no longer have the love for footy, true Australian Rules footy, it's gone, it's shattered because the old adage "Might is Right" means they will be a winner and anyone who believes in the spirit of sport and the fairness and equity that lead to the creation of the VFA/VFL in the first place, well it's gone and well we're old hat and not wanted nor listened to in modern sport.

Sad really.

Ah yes Kurt, who ends up getting paid by a club who gets more salary cap than most other clubs. That went well didnt it

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

felix wrote:The free kicks against us just does my head in , the new rules have changed the game .. Before you now it we won't be able to touch the ball with your hands .

Fifty free kicks in a game, that quite frankly didn't require that much control in terms of umpiring?
And it doesn't really matter which team got how many.

This is what is destroying the game.

Soft c**k decisions, inconsistencies, different interpretations, you should never know the name of the umps because they should be invisible and not noticeable. Ray Chamberlain, I'm talking to you. And Donlan from the Gold Coast and Rchmond games.

You can ride someone into the ground, that's ok, but place an arm in an opponent's back in a marking contest and it's a free?
No reward for a tackler?

How is it sliding if a player is static, not moving and a player slides into him, it's a free into the slider? What was he supposed to do? Perform a six foot verticle jump?

The game is oh so screwed.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sydney just happened to get the softest draw as well. But nothing funny.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Have continued to games with the volume off just so I don't have to listen to the f***wit commntators, even ones that aren't too bad.

The whole package of afl now is vacuous. I loathe how they put little ads during the game for stupid network TV shows. Ridiculous.

Watched Dawks/shockers game yesty. Umpiring wasnt bad. Ditto with Suns/Port last night. Some dodgy decisions but not the game changers that we seem to cop.

Yeah, I'm totally over afl at the mo. not just because we didn't snag a flag recently, with one of the best teams in a single season (2009). It infuriates me that lesser teams like Shitney jagged 2 in the last deade, but that happens sometimes, especially when the big teams have an off season.

I find my self not caring much about results or anything anymore. I still love the Saints and will endeavour to watch them, or check their scores but that's about it really. Couldn't give a f*** about finals or who makes the GF.

The wonderful game we used to have is dead and buried. No wonder I immerse myself in the Nfl

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

stevie wrote:Have continued to games with the volume off just so I don't have to listen to the f***wit commntators, even ones that aren't too bad.

The whole package of afl now is vacuous. I loathe how they put little ads during the game for stupid network TV shows. Ridiculous.

Watched Dawks/shockers game yesty. Umpiring wasnt bad. Ditto with Suns/Port last night. Some dodgy decisions but not the game changers that we seem to cop.

Yeah, I'm totally over afl at the mo. not just because we didn't snag a flag recently, with one of the best teams in a single season (2009). It infuriates me that lesser teams like Shitney jagged 2 in the last deade, but that happens sometimes, especially when the big teams have an off season.

I find my self not caring much about results or anything anymore. I still love the Saints and will endeavour to watch them, or check their scores but that's about it really. Couldn't give a f*** about finals or who makes the GF.

The wonderful game we used to have is dead and buried. No wonder I immerse myself in the Nfl

If Bruce Matthews or whoever the Herald Sun journo is that taps into Saintsational for quotes is running ideas for an article, maybe he could summarise the views of the average AFL supporter and their disenchantment with the AFL.

We cannot be the only supporters who have expressed their disinterest and cynicism of what's happening to OUR game (that is of course unless you are Essendon or Collingwood as they seem to rule the world)

sainterjo
Club Player

stevie wrote: The wonderful game we used to have is dead and buried. No wonder I immerse myself in the Nfl
I feel the same way Stevie. I will always love the Saints, but the AFL is a shambles.

Roll on NFL season 2013, can't wait for the Redskins to hit the field. Keep those Seahags in their place, '9ers. :)

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
stevie wrote:Have continued to games with the volume off just so I don't have to listen to the f***wit commntators, even ones that aren't too bad.

If Bruce Matthews or whoever the Herald Sun journo is that taps into Saintsational for quotes is running ideas for an article, maybe he could summarise the views of the average AFL supporter and their disenchantment with the AFL.

We cannot be the only supporters who have expressed their disinterest and cynicism of what's happening to OUR game (that is of course unless you are Essendon or Collingwood as they seem to rule the world)
Yeah, Folth fans weren't happy after the Dawks game. Expressed concern about the umpiring interpretations ruining the game. Qne said his son felt like going to watch the A League as afl was being ruined. It ain't just us

stevie
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:
stevie wrote: The wonderful game we used to have is dead and buried. No wonder I immerse myself in the Nfl
I feel the same way Stevie. I will always love the Saints, but the AFL is a shambles.

Roll on NFL season 2013, can't wait for the Redskins to hit the field. Keep those Seahags in their place, '9ers. :)
2013 schedule is out! We don't play the Skins - maybe in the playoffs 8-)

Our last season at Candlestick. Will be emotional and sad, though hopefully the final game will be a winning NFC championship.

andrewg
Club Player

Our guys refused to shake hands with him especially his old mates. Apparently fisher told him to f*** off....this was the catalyst for his emotion after the game.

It was that awkward moment for BJ when he realized the betrayal wasn't wasn't work the silver coins. Our guys obviously have not forgiven the money hungry prick.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Obviously Goddard's manager got in his ear to chase the money, and now BJ realises about walking away from 10 years of your life and mates. Imagine your mate at your business got poached for more money to run an opposition business, then they took your customers, you started losing money, and he wanted come back all happy and be mates...nah.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Obviously Goddard's manager got in his ear to chase the money, and now BJ realises about walking away from 10 years of your life and mates. Imagine your mate at your business got poached for more money to run an opposition business, then they took your customers, you started losing money, and he wanted come back all happy and be mates...nah.
We are not losing money or customers because of Brendon Goddard though?

We will end up purchasing a few good players are the end of the year and all will be happy.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
sainterjo wrote:

2013 schedule is out! We don't play the Skins - maybe in the playoffs 8-)

Our last season at Candlestick. Will be emotional and sad, though hopefully the final game will be a winning NFC championship.
Immersing myself in the American sports is a thrilling part of my move over here. Loving the dedication that they show for the College sports in particular. Especially in a state like Oregon where there arent as many top level professional teams. The more I learn about the NFL the more I like it. The history and the passion are amazing. That being said Go Ducks, Go Timbers, Go Blazers, Go Mariners and most of all go Seahwaks!

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I have derived more enjoyment from the VFL than the AFL last few seasons. It is a more satisfied feeling.

By trying to make the game more national and beyond the AFL are continuously attempting to make it more exciting and appealing. But they are failing across the board. An essence is being lost.

We are losing our boutique game!

What is with sh*t stadium yank music? Advertising galore? Betting galore? New expansion teams? Constant rule tinkering? Drugs? Rotten stadium deals? Compromised fixtures? Umpire mikes and cams? Free agency? Power agents? Influx of ugly ex-Geelong broadcasters?

What happened to brass bands? Players actually jumping through banners? State of origin? Pies from a van on wheels? Saturday afternoon games? Acceptable commentary standards? The animal enclosure? Street marching to and from the ground? Patting players on the back after the final siren? Four men on the bench and if you get injured tough tits? Goal umpires with coats and hats?

With eighteen teams now in the competition we are absolutely dreaming if we think we are going to win anything for years and years. Absolutely dreaming.

I dream about a St Kilda VFL team playing home games in a boutique home ground with pies and VB on a Saturday afternoon in the mud.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Comp is rigged. Has been for years.

The comp is a farce yet the quality of the actual game is at an all time high.

Will always love the Saints but its almost no worth the effort or kanga.

Just with BJ.... He didn't just walk out on the club, he burned his mates too. Not that surprised they gave him the cold shoulder. Tough s***. He has to live with his decisions.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....