Four Corners tonight Amazing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Four Corners tonight Amazing

:D Essendon definitely cooked they will not be able to prove they took growth hormone but they did !

Dank has screwed them he knows they can't prove it.

The bombers will say they they are not sure what they took.

Charge bringing game into disrepute sustained Over to you AD.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Four Corners tonight Amazing

So no player suspensions?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

You put the who in the what now?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
falka
Club Player

They discussed Woewoeden and Hird, and in the middle 3 Cats flags, yet no mention. Interesting.....

lloyd21
Club Player

Just watch reply of show all the politicians that have let sport down in this country.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'll go jump if a few of those Geelong premiership players weren't pumped up with something..you can get your body so far in the gym, but when you start looking like the Michelin man...well I'll leave it up to your imagination

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I'll go jump if a few of those Geelong premiership players weren't pumped up with something..you can get your body so far in the gym, but when you start looking like the Michelin man...well I'll leave it up to your imagination

and it was legal then

I wanna know why we weren't on them then.... but then they are expensive

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Info I've got is that Essendon will come out of this clean and haven't taken banned substances.

Hope it's wrong!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I'll go jump if a few of those Geelong premiership players weren't pumped up with something..you can get your body so far in the gym, but when you start looking like the Michelin man...well I'll leave it up to your imagination
"ASADA officials held talks at AFL headquarters on Monday. The national drug agency is officially investigating Melbourne along with Essendon, with probes into practices at the Gold Coast and Geelong to come. The Kangaroos look certain to face questioning over Bates' time at the club in 2011."

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/roo ... 2iaqv.html

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Info I've got is that Essendon will come out of this clean and haven't taken banned substances.

Hope it's wrong!
It is wrong, but can never be proved. They will get a massive fine from the AFL and Dank will sue the s*** out of them.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Info I've got is that Essendon will come out of this clean and haven't taken banned substances.

Hope it's wrong!
And they all went offsite to 'the Botox Clinic' to get injected because.......?
Because everything was 'above board' and they didn't have clean, sterile, clinical facilities at Windy Hill.
You know those same facilities where the Club doctors and other staff have been stitching players up, injecting painkillers and treating them for decades.

You're probably correct though.
Just because it

walks like a duck,
talks like a duck,
smells like a duck,
looks like a duck

it's really not a duck.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Hope it's wrong!
And they all went offsite to 'the Botox Clinic' to get injected because.......?
Because everything was 'above board' and they didn't have clean, sterile, clinical facilities at Windy Hill.
You know those same facilities where the Club doctors and other staff have been stitching players up, injecting painkillers and treating them for decades.

You're probably correct though.
Just because it

walks like a duck,
talks like a duck,
smells like a duck,
looks like a duck

it's really not a duck.
Same person's info but from different sauce said that BJ didn't leave us because of money as the main motivator, so you have a point!

Depends really if the AFL want to nail Essendon by using game in disrepute angle.

Seems more likely that's reserved for the Dees now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hope it's wrong!
there is a difference between doing something AND whether authorities can prove you did and punish you for it.

I reckon they will wriggle out of it because there are no ve tests and they will all say they werent sure what they took but IM sure they cheated.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ofcourse they will get away with a fine.

This is a club thats been done twice for cheating the salary cap and escaped with low level fines.

Melbourne will have the book thrown at them - Essendon and the AFL will not allow Hirds reputation to be destroyed forever. This will "all be a bit of a mix up" with no banned susbstances taken........and any real questions around injecting players and asking them to sign away right etc swept under the carpet as side events.

This stinks.

“Yeah….nah””
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Stinks to high heaven. Be a joke if it all got swept under the carpet.

And what happened to all the rumours about the Pies in 2010? They were strong!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Stinks to high heaven. Be a joke if it all got swept under the carpet.

"right on the edge" to use the PR lingo....

Bombers were all over aod 9064. No doubts about it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Stinks to high heaven. Be a joke if it all got swept under the carpet.

"right on the edge" to use the PR lingo....

Bombers were all over aod 9064. No doubts about it.

We may never ever know - but I wonder how many AFL players have taken Growth Hormone or related products.

My guess would be 100+
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 23 Apr 2013 12:18am, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I dont want to see the poor old Dons fined. No. I want them to lose their draft picks for the next two years.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

On ya baz...

Far too early to make a call either way, ASADA hasn't really even started yet.

Dave Misson brought up on Footy Classified tonight, interesting to see what comes out of that

loris
Saintsational Legend

Hey folks remember Mission was top dog for fitness with the Australian Cricket Team in the era when our Aussie team smashed all countrys they played

Hope those years aren't sullied :( :( :( :( :(

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada- ... ing%23wada

WADA statement on substance AOD-9604

April 22, 2013

Following a number of inquiries regarding the substance AOD-9604 available on the Internet ‘black market’ and possibly elsewhere, WADA has issued the following statement:

AOD-9604 is a substance still under pre-clinical and clinical development and has not been approved for therapeutic use by any government health authority in the world.

Therefore, under the 2013 Prohibited Substances and Methods List, the substance falls into the S.0 category which states:

“S0. NON-APPROVED SUBSTANCES

Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.”

For more advice and information regarding medication or supplements, athletes are advised to contact their national anti-doping organization or international federation.

To access the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods, please click here:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada- ... ing%23wada

WADA statement on substance AOD-9604

April 22, 2013

Following a number of inquiries regarding the substance AOD-9604 available on the Internet ‘black market’ and possibly elsewhere, WADA has issued the following statement:

AOD-9604 is a substance still under pre-clinical and clinical development and has not been approved for therapeutic use by any government health authority in the world.

Therefore, under the 2013 Prohibited Substances and Methods List, the substance falls into the S.0 category which states:

“S0. NON-APPROVED SUBSTANCES

Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.”

For more advice and information regarding medication or supplements, athletes are advised to contact their national anti-doping organization or international federation.

To access the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods, please click here:
BOOM!

Re: Essendope
by Con Gorozidis » Fri 19 Apr 2013 6:37pm
plugger66 wrote: wrote:

What should they be penalised for?
Con Gorozides wrote:
AOD-9604

AOD-9604 is not currently prohibited under category S2 of the WADA Prohibited List (But would be banned under S0)

AOD-9604 works by mimicking the way natural GH regulates the metabolism of fat by stimulating lipolysis (the breakdown or destruction of fat) and inhibits lipogenesis (the transformation of non-fat food materials into body fat). Reports by Caldaza Ltd have shown that AOD-9604 had positive (anabolic) effects on cartilage tissue formation as well as enhancements in the ‘differential of muscle progenitor cells (cells that create muscle cells) to muscle cells’. Other purported benefits of AOD-9604 include increasing muscle mass and IGF-1 levels. AOD-9604 is not approved for human use.

Hexarelin

Hexarelin is considered a growth hormone releasing factor and is therefore prohibited under category S2, Hormones and Related Substances, according to the WADA Prohibited List. As with GHRP-6, hexarelin stimulates the release of GH, with effects similar to those experienced when using a synthetic growth hormone.

Purported beneficial effects of hexarelin use include increased strength, growth of new muscle fibres and increases in the size of existing muscle fibres, joint rejuvenation and assistance in healing. Hexarelin may also be beneficial in fat reduction. Unlike GHRP-6, there is no effect on appetite as it does not increase ghrelin levels responsible for increased hunger and gastric emptying.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well pluggsy - I do go early - But every now and then I DO get one right mate.

aod 9604 banned under S0 of wada code as I suggested would be the ruling!

Next question is can ASADA prove the buummers were on aod 9604 - thats a tricky one....

No doubt they were....

Doc Reid and the nurses hold the key to this....

Clock is ticking on Hirdy

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Next step is for the Dons to provide the 'OK' that they were given regarding it, if ASADA verified it was fine they are clear, if Dank said "I've checked and it's fine" they are in big trouble.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Next step is for the Dons to provide the 'OK' that they were given regarding it, if ASADA verified it was fine they are clear, if Dank said "I've checked and it's fine" they are in big trouble.
True.
Surely if ASADA said it was fine then that would have come out on day 1 and they would have a letter/email or something that verifies this???

Im tipping Dank did a google search on the asada banned list and then said 'ooh yeah ive checked with asada and its all clear"

They deserve the book thrown at em.

As ive said all along - if they get away with this - well thats fine - but then its gloves off . if we cant beat the big boys we should join em.