Extended squad in NZL v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Extended squad in NZL v Swans

St Ick wrote:Anyone hear Watters say Milne may not be back after his suspension - was very dirty on him not providing an example for the kids.

Also from the way he spoke I wouldn't be shocked to see Murdoch and/or Saunders to get a game.
Well I hope he sticks to his word.

Maybe Milney needs a kick up the butt? Then again he's 33 so what should we expect??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

TDL will be a star, just give him time to settle in. Milne will struggle to keep his place if any young players turn it on in the forward line. Milne has been a great player for the club, but I reckon he should have retired at the end of 2012, and like NDS and Hayes, seems to have a lost a little bit of pace. I hope Watters can keep Milera, TDL and Saad all at the top of their games, as it will be a real positive for the future..I'm actually excited about some of the new talent coming through. Give it time Sainters!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:TDL will be a star, just give him time to settle in. Milne will struggle to keep his place if any young players turn it on in the forward line. Milne has been a great player for the club, but I reckon he should have retired at the end of 2012, and like NDS and Hayes, seems to have a lost a little bit of pace. I hope Watters can keep Milera, TDL and Saad all at the top of their games, as it will be a real positive for the future..I'm actually excited about some of the new talent coming through. Give it time Sainters!!

I love your optimisation but this guy has been in the system for a fair while and has never looked like becoming a star. I have mates who follow Sydney and they reckon he has so many deficiencies and from what i have seen he certainly has. I hold out little hope for him and any of our small forwards as we drop down the ladder. Small forwards need quick ball movement and our mids arent giving that now. And there is no way most people would have thought Milney would retire after being AA.

noob
Club Player

Simpkin was pretty poor last week. Was always way behind the man even if he is underdone.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I understand the comments about not settling the team or keeping to a structure but is it a case of we just have to keep trying new things and if Saunders gets in then we are introducing new players at a rapid pace which seems like the right thing to do considering the rebuild.

Who knows, SW might have read the riot act last week and said something like his old boss used to say a bit which was something like "your birth certificate is irrelevant". If you get picked and you play your role and you do everything that is asked of you then you get a game. I hope he says it. I also hope that who ever gets picked plays like a mad man possessed. That is what I want to see. If we lose so beit, but I want to see players give a stuff and last week there were several players that just looked disinterested for parts of the game, mostly senior players. I can't stand that. I don't care how many deficiencies TDL has but if he throws himself into a contest this week then he's got my support. Got sick of watching players last week just standing back or not chasing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Pretty easy to make a stand on a player for disciplinary reasons when he is way out of form and on the cusp of being dropped anyway… More solid PR from Scott.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintgee wrote:TDL still in the sqaud, what a farce, fair dinkum

he kicked a couple of late goals didn't he...still ..i have a few concerns.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

B: N.Wright 34, S.Fisher 25, D.Roberton 17
HB: S.Dempster 24, R.Stanley 28, S.Gilbert 19
C: L.Hayes 7, C.Jones 4, J.Geary 14
HF: D.Armitage 20, N.Riewoldt 12, N.Dal Santo 26
F: A.Saad 21, S.Ross 6, J.Saunders 35
Foll: B.McEvoy 5, J.Steven 3, L.Montagna 11
I/C from: T.Dennis-Lane 8, A.Siposs 2, T.Hickey 1, T.Lee 9, J. Koschitzke 23, F.Ray 22, B.Murdoch 30
In: J.Koschitzke, S.Dempster, T.Lee, A.Siposs, T.Hickey, B.Murdoch, J.Saunders
Out: S.Milne (suspended) B.Maister (hand), T.Milera (omitted), T.Simpkin (omitted)

Dempster and Saunders in the 18. Dennis-Lane and Ray could yet be dropped.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant see Ross playing FF.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:No problem with trying a few things, but at least try and retain some structure in the lineup.
Thats exactly what Robert Shaw said on Sunday on SEN. it is easy after the event but he said as soon as the final sides were picked he thought Essendon were certain because they replaced players from a certain position with another to play in that position. We just completely changed our forward line by having more smalls. Changed our structure completely. Didnt even have a back up ruckman. I refuse to count Maister as a ruckman.
I reckon last week's side was a bit of a Hail Mary. They didn't know how to beat Essendon but hoped that the small forward thing would shake up their backline matchups. Unfortunately we were beaten well in the midfield so it couldn't possibly work.

This week it looks like we're increasing the number of midfielders, probably a very good thing.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

No Ross wont play full forward however he may play in the forward 50. Ross and Saunders both mids cutting their teeth as small forwards. Very Collingwood like and I like it.

If players from the bench miss then I'm expecting:
TDL to play
One of Siposs / Lee
One of Hickey / Kosi
One of Ray / Murdoch

If Dempster isn't quite ready then another medium type gets a gig.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Simpkin is a real strange one at the moment..

Mentally he was just not there against the Dons .

Up on the wing was not concentrating and so when the ball was kicked to him and Hille...as he was virtually asleep Hille was able to run and gather the ball that Simpkin easily should have.
A couple of other times was simar gifting easy ball to the Dons.

Is currently just a shadow of the player he was last year. Is unrecognisable at present and is in a major form slump.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:B: N.Wright 34, S.Fisher 25, D.Roberton 17
HB: S.Dempster 24, R.Stanley 28, S.Gilbert 19
C: L.Hayes 7, C.Jones 4, J.Geary 14
HF: D.Armitage 20, N.Riewoldt 12, N.Dal Santo 26
F: A.Saad 21, S.Ross 6, J.Saunders 35
Foll: B.McEvoy 5, J.Steven 3, L.Montagna 11
I/C from: T.Dennis-Lane 8, A.Siposs 2, T.Hickey 1, T.Lee 9, J. Koschitzke 23, F.Ray 22, B.Murdoch 30
In: J.Koschitzke, S.Dempster, T.Lee, A.Siposs, T.Hickey, B.Murdoch, J.Saunders
Out: S.Milne (suspended) B.Maister (hand), T.Milera (omitted), T.Simpkin (omitted)

Dempster and Saunders in the 18. Dennis-Lane and Ray could yet be dropped.
Ross at FF?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon Lee still has a few credits with SW so he gets another gig and starts at FF with Kosi on the bench as ruck relief and also an option if Lee cant get into the game. I think they are going to look for some harder bodies given we are playing Sydney and on a ground that is similar size to the SCG - so Ray and Murdoch get a gig with Murdoch getting the red vest.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:All I know is you must have a settled side and we havent and some of the selections have been very weird IMO. Easy to say after a loss though.
Completely agree.

No problem with trying a few things, but at least try and retain some structure in the lineup.
Could not agree more. We are absolutely all over the place at the moment, could throw a blanket over spots 10-30 on our list

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Saunders, Murdoch and Hickey to play off a 4-day break?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:All I know is you must have a settled side and we havent and some of the selections have been very weird IMO. Easy to say after a loss though.
Completely agree.

No problem with trying a few things, but at least try and retain some structure in the lineup.
Could not agree more. We are absolutely all over the place at the moment, could throw a blanket over spots 10-30 on our list
Why though?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno

buts its pissing me off

spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:TDL will be a star, just give him time to settle in. Milne will struggle to keep his place if any young players turn it on in the forward line. Milne has been a great player for the club, but I reckon he should have retired at the end of 2012, and like NDS and Hayes, seems to have a lost a little bit of pace. I hope Watters can keep Milera, TDL and Saad all at the top of their games, as it will be a real positive for the future..I'm actually excited about some of the new talent coming through. Give it time Sainters!!

I love your optimisation but this guy has been in the system for a fair while and has never looked like becoming a star. I have mates who follow Sydney and they reckon he has so many deficiencies and from what i have seen he certainly has. I hold out little hope for him and any of our small forwards as we drop down the ladder. Small forwards need quick ball movement and our mids arent giving that now. And there is no way most people would have thought Milney would retire after being AA.
BOG tomorrow. :-)

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Saunders has been named in the starting 18.

Interchange will be chosen from TDL, Koschitzke, Lee, Hickey, Ray, Siposs, and Murdoch

My guess will be Siposs, Lee, Koschitzke, and Ray. However, of those four, it wouldn't surprise me if Ray was replaced by Murdoch.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

BOG tomorrow. :-)

Hope you are right. If i say we cant win or a player cant play i love being proved wrong. it seems some other dont. they would rather lose to prove a point. i said Saunders and Murdoch shouldnt play their first game off a 4 day break. Looks like i will be wrong there even though if one does play I expect they will be sub which isnt as bad as they will likely only play about a quarter but wrong by me anyway if it happens. Hopefully TDL makes me wrong again.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if TDL does a bog tomorrow most of us will.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if TDL does a bog tomorrow most of us will.
Curry for dinner?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Siposs missed the flight to NZ will not partake in the game VIA saints fb

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:Siposs missed the flight to NZ will not partake in the game VIA saints fb
Missed the plane? Seriously? Or was he not well enough so they decided not to take him?