Umpires are cheats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires are cheats

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Seriously the club should seek clarification over where we are going wrong. We've been shafted most weeks and opposition free kicks at goal are of particular concern.

The only problem is that the umps will be forced to play the obvious ones the following week then hold a grudge for life like the whispers in the sky thing. A journo heard the ump threaten the saints and a passenger heard it too- the AFL said there was no evidence. they cost us that Port Adelaide final after that too. They look after them even when they are caught cheating.

Last season the AFL rules committee said they would drop the interchange infringement rule for when players just have a foot over or is a minor infringement. Kosi was done last season and it was why they said they would fix it. It obviously hasn't been fixed.

Gringo they never said that and they shouldnt either. Follow the rule. it isnt that hard.

they said they were letting up on the rule as it is over the top and not in the spirit of the rule for minor infringements like a foot over the line. They obviously did nothing doesn't mean they didn't say it. It was on SEN last year but can't remember who announced it. I will try to find something on it later when I have time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

The only problem is that the umps will be forced to play the obvious ones the following week then hold a grudge for life like the whispers in the sky thing. A journo heard the ump threaten the saints and a passenger heard it too- the AFL said there was no evidence. they cost us that Port Adelaide final after that too. They look after them even when they are caught cheating.

Last season the AFL rules committee said they would drop the interchange infringement rule for when players just have a foot over or is a minor infringement. Kosi was done last season and it was why they said they would fix it. It obviously hasn't been fixed.

Gringo they never said that and they shouldnt either. Follow the rule. it isnt that hard.

they said they were letting up on the rule as it is over the top and not in the spirit of the rule for minor infringements like a foot over the line. They obviously did nothing doesn't mean they didn't say it. It was on SEN last year but can't remember who announced it. I will try to find something on it later when I have time.

They never said it. KB is on the rules committee and he is strong on the rule that even a foot over the line is breaking the rule just as it is when kicking out from FB or running over the mark.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

they said they were letting up on the rule as it is over the top and not in the spirit of the rule for minor infringements like a foot over the line. They obviously did nothing doesn't mean they didn't say it. It was on SEN last year but can't remember who announced it. I will try to find something on it later when I have time.[/quote]

They never said it. KB is on the rules committee and he is strong on the rule that even a foot over the line is breaking the rule just as it is when kicking out from FB or running over the mark.[/quote]

like the one where a Sydney player stepped three steps over the line and then kicked from the kick in?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah gringo stfu

what the hell would you know from reading an article or hearing something that was actually said

obviously you are telling porkies

now dont EVER mention something you heard from a while ago again unless you have a link or a taped confession from AD so you can prove it to the world

good lord

/sarcasm

StGoddard18
Club Player

I am developing a deep hatred for umpire number 25. He looks like he is 12 years old!

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Seriously the club should seek clarification over where we are going wrong. We've been shafted most weeks and opposition free kicks at goal are of particular concern.

big penalty for such a minor infringement...he was coming off too...not going on.....crap rule.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Craw
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:The Free and 50m penalty is the wrong outcome for what happened.
We never had 19 players on the ground.
If anything that one should be a fine not an on field penalty.

If we had 19 (or more) on the ground then fair enough...We should concede a goal. But what happened last night was not that.
Yep, makes sense doesn't it, you get penalised a free and subsequent goal, for having 1 less player on the ground who didn't go through the interchange line by a couple of inches ...... seriously :roll:

Not Craw, CRAW!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:JB you can try that quoting on others and some think it means you know what you are saying. To me it means you are struggling especially when I read some of the responses. I respect your opinion when you have your tablets. When you dont you are a crackpot especially when you say Rooys contest was fair. I suppose that happens when you dont grow up with the game.
Again abuse and insult about tablets. Calling people liars and talking about medication is your response.

Why not answer what I wrote instead of the insults and abuse?

Why was Armstrongs free in the back and Seb Ross incorrect disposal when they were the same?

Why wasn't Riewoldt given a 50 metre free when the Swans kicked it away?

Why didn't NDS get a free kick for getting hit in the face in front of his goal?

You abuse and insult because you cant answer any of the queries on this thread. All you can do is support Sydney for some reason? And bag Riewoldt for getting a great contestesd mark.

You bag BM and reckon he doesn't support the Saints, but you come on here and bag the just as much.

No it is not a conspiracy, but we have been on the wrong end of all the decision every game this year, including GWS, but you continue to abuse Saints fans who have the temerity to question why we are getting such a poor run with the umpires.

One or two games maybe but 5 games in succession?

But thats right in your eyese the AFL is perfect and the umpires are infallible.

As for not growing up with the game snide remark, one can tell when a someone is rattled when they resort to really poor personal insults.

means they cant defend their argument which obviously you cant.

So it goes back to my original premis. You are trolling to get your jolleys at Saints supporters expense.

To quote the late Dawn Lake-"You tell him love, you tell him."

It's a day the sky is purple with pink spots if you ask P66.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Gringo they never said that and they shouldnt either. Follow the rule. it isnt that hard.[/quote]

they said they were letting up on the rule as it is over the top and not in the spirit of the rule for minor infringements like a foot over the line. They obviously did nothing doesn't mean they didn't say it. It was on SEN last year but can't remember who announced it. I will try to find something on it later when I have time.[/quote]

They never said it. KB is on the rules committee and he is strong on the rule that even a foot over the line is breaking the rule just as it is when kicking out from FB or running over the mark.[/quote]

KB is a stupid old fart.

I listened to the Collingwood v Essendon game on SEN and there was a shocker of a decision against Collingwood (Who would think I'd feel sorry for them) and the commentators turned on him and asked for clarification. He couldn't come up with the justification of that decision because he has no idea himself.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Gringo they never said that and they shouldnt either. Follow the rule. it isnt that hard.

KB is a stupid old fart.

I listened to the Collingwood v Essendon game on SEN and there was a shocker of a decision against Collingwood (Who would think I'd feel sorry for them) and the commentators turned on him and asked for clarification. He couldn't come up with the justification of that decision because he has no idea himself.[/quote]

little selfish turd of a footballer too.....got sacked as a tigers coach and sooked for years afterwards......s*** of a bloke.....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm watching freo richmond- they are corrupt or just s***. It's like a manufactured embarrassment.

suss
Club Player

Razor Ray is making sweet, sweet love to Richmond. In fairness, he can bounce the ball high.

thefatdork
Club Player

Just saw 2 clear shepherds in the ruck against Richmond which enabled Freo to get the ball in the forward line and then get the winning goal. They had 2 ruckmen contesting but allowed to do so. Where is the consistency in the umpiring?
They really need to look at this!!!
TFD

lloyd21
Club Player

Umpires are cheats

Another umpire getting involved. Goal umpire clearly cost Richmond the game.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the footage yet but there has been discussion about the role of the goal umpire and it sounds like an even bigger travesty of justice and football in howRichmond were potentially robbed of a victory.

Over to you Plugger-discuss

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Am watching the Suns/Giants. Entertaining game.

now, obviously I'm watching with the voulume off and playing online games on the computer but the frequent looks I've giving the telly shows the umpiring to be good!

So it means that it must be certain umps who keeping f****** up each week? Are the sam eones the offenders?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I just watched the last quarter in full for the first time.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jetta soccering off the ground 30m straight out of bounds with no team mate in sight. Great effort by Geary to stick with him.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Umpires don't cheat. They are not intelligent enough. Don't give them too much credit. They literally have no idea.

Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I just watched the last quarter in full for the first time.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jetta soccering off the ground 30m straight out of bounds with no team mate in sight. Great effort by Geary to stick with him.
i'd forgotten about that one actually...but i went ballistic when it happened....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Cheats or just INCOMPETENT. I have been flicking back & forth between the Cat v Dogs and Weagles V Port games and witnessed a couple of complete "Howlers" . In the first one its clear that a Cats player kicks it out on the full, the umpire even tells #8 for the Dogs that its his kick. A Cats player grabs the ball as if its his kick, kicks it up the field and the umpire calls play on. In the second there was a centre bounce in the Weagles v Port game. The Port player leaps high, misses everything and everyone, Dean Cox appeals for a free kick for about 5 seconds. The umpire then blows his whistle and awards Cox a Free Kick !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

linz
Club Player

So what are you going to do about it?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Cheats or just INCOMPETENT. I have been flicking back & forth between the Cat v Dogs and Weagles V Port games and witnessed a couple of complete "Howlers" . In the first one its clear that a Cats player kicks it out on the full, the umpire even tells #8 for the Dogs that its his kick. A Cats player grabs the ball as if its his kick, kicks it up the field and the umpire calls play on. In the second there was a centre bounce in the Weagles v Port game. The Port player leaps high, misses everything and everyone, Dean Cox appeals for a free kick for about 5 seconds. The umpire then blows his whistle and awards Cox a Free Kick !!

Yep saw both as well. 2 completely wrong decisions because there was no need to cheat on either as both games are one sided.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

All I know is we need to do something about this anomaly. The odds of it happening by chance are pretty slim - so either we are doing something very wrong and much worse than others, or there is the perception by the umpires that we are.

Free Kick Differentials

Team.    For.    Against.   Agg.
Port        115       100       +15
Hawks   89.       74.       +15
Eagles    104.     96         +8
Dogs      114.      107         +7
Suns        99.        92         +7
Dees        90.        83.       +7
Dons     111.      105.      +6
Roos        93.        88.       +5
Freo      112.       108.      +4
Cats        102.        99.      +3
Swans     111.      112.      -1
Tigers     110.      111.       -1
Pies          88.        92.      -4
Crows      104.      113.      -9
Giants      102       111       -9
Lions          87        96.      -9
Blues          84.      92.      -8
Saints        85.     110.     -25

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
CarlD
Club Player

The Saints are obviously a very undisciplined team (TIC)! Be interesting to see what happens when we play the teams with the higher positive free kick differentials. :evil:

CarlD

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Tme for boycotts. Turn off your tvs. Don't go to games en masse.

Jeez, hasn't Dean Cox become a cheating c*** the last couple of years as he gets older and struggles. Never had any time for him anyway. Whinging c**k head and over rated in my book. Natunui should move out of the state so he doesn't become a piece of s*** too