Smart & Dumb Supporters....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Smart & Dumb Supporters....

How do we rate supporters be it DUMB or SMART on here and at the games ...?

I'm thinking probably DUMB how posters start rubbish threads about players and always judge them in hindsight and have to make comment on every issue and always think they are right and start another thread about the same topics to boost their own ego ... ...?

I think SMART when posters can add to an opinion expressed on here without childish come backs at each other and actually add to a thread which has been started. Also posters that can see where the club is at and accept that we have to head down to head back up ...

Ps - Just saying ...

Just my thoughts .... :D
Last edited by Middo on Tue 30 Apr 2013 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Smart & Dumb Supporters....

Middo wrote:How do we rate supporters be it DUMB or SMART on here and at the games ...?

I'm thinking probably DUMB how posters start rubbish threads about players and always judge them in hindsight and have to make comment on every issue and always think they are right and start another thread about the same topics to boost their own ego ... ...?

I think SMART when posters can add to an opinion expressed on here without childish come backs at each other and actually add to a thread which has been started. Also posters that can see where the club is at and except that we have to head down to head back up ...

Ps - Just saying ...

good thread....no...brilliant thread..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Middo
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Middo wrote:How do we rate supporters be it DUMB or SMART on here and at the games ...?

I think SMART when posters can add to an opinion expressed on here without childish come backs at each other and actually add to a thread which has been started. Also posters that can see where the club is at and except that we have to head down to head back up ...

Ps - Just saying ...

Yes I patted my own back ..!!! :lol:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I don't get it :cry:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I don't get it :cry:
but i do.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
stinger wrote:

Ps - Just saying ...

Yes I patted my own back ..!!! :lol:

you could consider changing except to accept though......just a thought.... :wink:

Middo
Club Player

How DUMB of me .....!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
2 smard for me sdinger

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think SMART when posters can add to an opinion expressed on here without childish come backs at each other and actually add to a thread which has been started. Also posters that can see where the club is at and accept that we have to head down to head back up ...

Ps - Just saying ...

Good luck to you but most people on this site are guilty of some of this behaviour including you. eg your fights with Plugger and myself.

You're also a bagger of players like Jones.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
posters start rubbish threads about players and always judge them in hindsight
You're right, I'm going to start judging in foresight from here on in.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

DUMB at the game are supporters who seem to go to the match only to shout about umpiring decisions. Occasionally a team genuinely gets the wrong end of the stick but at every game I go to there are people who cry BALL every time a tackle is laid. There will be an equal number on the other side shouting "TOO HIGH" and/or "IN THE BACK" at the same time.

These people could do with learning the rules of the game, though arguably it is one of the unfortunate aspects of our game that the rules are not so clean cut (and also change and evolve etc) such that the everyman in the crowd can not fully understand them. In this regard football (the world game, i.e. soccer) -- whose rules are simple, is superior.

I saw supporters of Reading and QPR on the weekend applauding their teams off the pitch -- and this after a match that ended 0-0 and resulted in both teams being relegated from the premier league and a resulting loss to each club of about 200 million pounds.

I didn't mean for this to become a pro-soccer post -- and I do not include Australian domestic soccer in my argument. But Australian rules fans on the whole could do well to concentrate more on praising the efforts of individuals and the team -- regardless of the result -- than blindly yelling, expecting every grey-area-umpiring-call to go their way, baiting opposition fans and players, and other such backward behaviour. I can't see it happening though, it seems intrinsic to the game.

spert
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:DUMB at the game are supporters who seem to go to the match only to shout about umpiring decisions. Occasionally a team genuinely gets the wrong end of the stick but at every game I go to there are people who cry BALL every time a tackle is laid. There will be an equal number on the other side shouting "TOO HIGH" and/or "IN THE BACK" at the same time.

These people could do with learning the rules of the game, though arguably it is one of the unfortunate aspects of our game that the rules are not so clean cut (and also change and evolve etc) such that the everyman in the crowd can not fully understand them. In this regard football (the world game, i.e. soccer) -- whose rules are simple, is superior.

I saw supporters of Reading and QPR on the weekend applauding their teams off the pitch -- and this after a match that ended 0-0 and resulted in both teams being relegated from the premier league and a resulting loss to each club of about 200 million pounds.

I didn't mean for this to become a pro-soccer post -- and I do not include Australian domestic soccer in my argument. But Australian rules fans on the whole could do well to concentrate more on praising the efforts of individuals and the team -- regardless of the result -- than blindly yelling, expecting every grey-area-umpiring-call to go their way, baiting opposition fans and players, and other such backward behaviour. I can't see it happening though, it seems intrinsic to the game.
Soccer is basically a predictable game thanks to a round ball on a rectangular playing area where only feet and the odd head are used for movement of the ball- of course the rules are more straightforward and relatively easy to apply... effort for no result, such as a 0-0 score is rather pointless in my book.
Aust Rules is a frustratingly unpredictable game thanks to an oval ball on an oval ground, where all the body is used to move the ball, and due to this unpredictablilty, people and players become emotional, elated, angry, happy etc, and of course rules are open to more interpretation, and as an ever-evolving game, rules are constantly being updated changed, reviewed.

Simmo2
Club Player

Chest beater's thread. Look at me thread. Dumb supporter

Middo
Club Player

Simmo2 wrote:Chest beater's thread. Look at me thread. Dumb supporter

More of the taking the p!ss thread me thinks ... :wink:

Middo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:

Ps - Just saying ...

Good luck to you but most people on this site are guilty of some of this behaviour including you. eg your fights with Plugger and myself.

You're also a bagger of players like Jones.[/quote

Correct and happy to admit , really just a tounge in cheek thread to make the day move a little quicker ... but yes I'm happy to have a crack at Jones now he adds nothing to the side in regards to tagging and nothing to our side in regards to ball use , to many times he holds up our momentum and picks the wrong option. I would rather Ledger come in and spray some kicks and find out if he is a AFL quality player moving forward. PS Have we fought ...? :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shut it, numpty

8-)

Middo
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
Middo wrote:
posters start rubbish threads about players and always judge them in hindsight
You're right, I'm going to start judging in foresight from here on in.

That's exactley what we need , tell us who's going to make the grade be bold make a prediction. Fence sitters we have lots....

Middo
Club Player

matrix wrote:shut it, numpty

8-)

Don't like opinions or just your own posts..? :roll: :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so you can take the piss (your own words)
and i cant?

maybe i should've wrote
SARCASM FUNNY COMMENT NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY IN BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS...FOR THE DUMB SUPPORTERS at the bottom of the original post huh??

but i thought the 'cool' smiley wouldve got the message across

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

DUMB SUPPORTER = The guy who sits behind me at Etihad (L1, Aisle 36) who has called Terry Milera MALERIA since Day 1 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Dictionary definition of dumb stupid supporter..

The loudmouth drunk bogan who sat in front of me in NZ who called Kosi "a spastic" about 5 mins before the end. Didnt count on about 4 of us biting his head off. It got pretty willing for a couple of minutes. His drunk GF defending him "well Kosi IS a spastic".
I was sitting in the premium reserved Saints area so Im assuming these two flew over from Melbourne to get drunk and abuse our own players. Classy

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
stinger wrote:
2 smard for me sdinger
...of course...that's a given.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:DUMB SUPPORTER = The guy who sits behind me at Etihad (L1, Aisle 36) who has called Terry Milera MALERIA since Day 1 !!

seat no???? 8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Dictionary definition of dumb stupid supporter..

The loudmouth drunk bogan who sat in front of me in NZ who called Kosi "a spastic" about 5 mins before the end. Didnt count on about 4 of us biting his head off. It got pretty willing for a couple of minutes. His drunk GF defending him "well Kosi IS a spastic".
I was sitting in the premium reserved Saints area so Im assuming these two flew over from Melbourne to get drunk and abuse our own players. Classy
Well said, young fellow !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I am bumb. Just proved it with the spelling.