Scotty on the couch tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scotty on the couch tonight

Buckets wrote:
Eastern wrote:I thought Scott was FANTASTIC the way he trotted out the stats on recruiting for 2008-2010 (23 players recruited and only 5 of those still at the club). From my lounge room it appeared that this removed all the heat out of the interview and took Roos completely out of it !!
Was actually surprised that Roos didn't take that as a dig at his mate Lyon, but it was very well done.
IT WAS. And he managed silence BOTH Sheahan & Roos when he trotted those stats out !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Anyone that is critical of that interview is just making things up to be negative about..

Handled every question well and gave away just enough information to keep us supporters happy and in the loop...

Probably one of the best media performances from a Saints coach I've seen to be honest..

Am more than happy that he is in control of the ship..

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Eastern wrote:I thought Scott was FANTASTIC the way he trotted out the stats on recruiting for 2008-2010 (23 players recruited and only 5 of those still at the club). From my lounge room it appeared that this removed all the heat out of the interview and took Roos completely out of it !!
Was actually surprised that Roos didn't take that as a dig at his mate Lyon, but it was very well done.
Give it time, I'm sure he will...

stevie
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Did any of you watch/listen to the interview?

We are NOT rebuilding (SW says that he never said that) we are rejuvenating.
What's the difference?
The amount of peptides

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Did a nice baulk about the question of Goddard and Gram. Goddard he answered (again) and Gram he said nothing. Which was the right approach, considering a suppression order is in place.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Buckets wrote:

You old cynic. :)

I thought SW was very good. Also, thought the questions were pretty good. He was challenged (as he should be) and answered the questions pretty well.

I especially liked his comments about gifting games etc. He showed respect to his players and BJ as well.

Sure, there was a bit of spin and probably BS there especially about his "interesting" comment on blocking but all good.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Buckets wrote: Was actually surprised that Roos didn't take that as a dig at his mate Lyon, but it was very well done.

You old cynic. :)

I thought SW was very good. Also, thought the questions were pretty good. He was challenged (as he should be) and answered the questions pretty well.

I especially liked his comments about gifting games etc. He showed respect to his players and BJ as well.

Sure, there was a bit of spin and probably BS there especially about his "interesting" comment on blocking but all good.

saw the end of his interview this evening before 360 and noted there was little or no ' chat' as the cameras went of as there sometimes is- Roos very quiet.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SMS
Club Player

Spencer White is the next Buddy. They arent talking him up. Have you guys realised how they play down Spencer?

They do not want him in spotlight or other clubs looking hard at him. In 3 years he will lead us to an unexpected flag, in reiwoldts and others last year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Spencer White is the next Buddy. They arent talking him up. Have you guys realised how they play down Spencer?

They do not want him in spotlight or other clubs looking hard at him. In 3 years he will lead us to an unexpected flag, in reiwoldts and others last year.

geez...i hope you are right....if we make the gannie...i will shout you more than one beer

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints94
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
SMS wrote:Spencer White is the next Buddy. They arent talking him up. Have you guys realised how they play down Spencer?

geez...i hope you are right....if we make the gannie...i will shout you more than one beer
+3! :D

Richter
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

Franklin was drafted in 2004, the Hawks got their flag in 2008.

We drafted Spencer in 2012, therefore flag should arrive in 2016.

No pressure.

:wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah right the next buddy

and its so hush hush so no one sees him or realizes his potential and tries to poach him from us...but its being discussed on here
LOL
massive secret
what a surprise to the league this will be when he comes out from hiding under the tablecloth yelling 'Surprise!!'

gringo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yeah right the next buddy

and its so hush hush so no one sees him or realizes his potential and tries to poach him from us...but its being discussed on here
LOL
massive secret
what a surprise to the league this will be when he comes out from hiding under the tablecloth yelling 'Surprise!!'

The funny thing about that I heard about the Swans stealing Tommy Walsh was that it was on Lyons advice as he rang them to sound out a staff member he wanted to take with him from the Swans to Freo. Talked him up to the Swans recruiters. He has as much nous for recruiting as he does with investments. They have had 26 picks in Lyons time for 5 still on the list and he took his advice on recruits?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

LOL
massive secret

The funny thing about that I heard about the Swans stealing Tommy Walsh was that it was on Lyons advice as he rang them to sound out a staff member he wanted to take with him from the Swans to Freo. Talked him up to the Swans recruiters. He has as much nous for recruiting as he does with investments. They have had 26 picks in Lyons time for 5 still on the list and he took his advice on recruits?
But Ross wouldn't give him a game, remember?

Apparently to some on here, just one game from Ross and he woudl have been the next champion for the Saints :D :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:

LOL
massive secret

But Ross wouldn't give him a game, remember?

Apparently to some on here, just one game from Ross and he woudl have been the next champion for the Saints :D :D :D :D

Tommy would be a gun and would have been better than Carey if the ball was round. Everyone should just remember that.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:You old cynic. :)

More a realist is this case :)

He will think about it and be upset about this slight on his bestie.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The funny thing about that I heard about the Swans stealing Tommy Walsh was that it was on Lyons advice as he rang them to sound out a staff member he wanted to take with him from the Swans to Freo. Talked him up to the Swans recruiters.
Sounds like that was his parting gift to us! Couldn't have worked out better if we'd planned it.

linz
Club Player

The Coach is the leader. He's doing a good job and he's got the strength to shoulder our losses.
And he's selling the message: "We want to go out on the field and win every game we play"
It's all about winning ultimately even if sometimes you don't get the 4 points from a game.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:The Coach is the leader. He's doing a good job and he's got the strength to shoulder our losses.
And he's selling the message: "We want to go out on the field and win every game we play"
It's all about winning ultimately even if sometimes you don't get the 4 points from a game.
Its called "winning" but not now...

“Yeah….nah””