Sandy v Bendigo Gold

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy v Bendigo Gold

Ill be happy if we get 1 or 2 A graders and 4-5 B graders from that list.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Ill be happy if we get 1 or 2 A graders and 4-5 B graders from that list.
Of course that is all we can hope for. 5 A graders would be just about impossible.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Re: Sandy v Bendigo Bombers

bobmurray wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:So is Bendigo the GWS of the VFL?
if they're not then they are definitely the modern day 1980 Saints....
Can't really see Bendigo Gold as the GWS of the league, as they will never earmarked by the VFL to be fast-tracked to a Premiership in the next few years as the AFL's Suns/Giants
Probably more like the 1980 Saints.
My loyalty was a little divided yesterday. Being from Bendigo, I would love to see The Gold, who is coached by a former Saints champ, win a few games -Or at least be competitive.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cheers thunda...

Curren, Ferg & Shenton... About time we start having a look at these guys in a saints jumper surely?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Shenton has been the surprise this year, is really looking good playing up forward. Can see why we rookie listed him as its how he was playing in SA.

Curren has to be given crack soon, just crazy that he hasn't. I have no doubt if he was at pies/cats/hawks and been putting up performances he has in last 15 months he'd have debut by now. Still not sold he has what it takes to make it but he has earnt right to play

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i really think cockie would have been valuable on the senior list this year...

#1 Ryder fan
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I just think it is great that the best players at Sandy now seem like up and coming players instead of mature aged players who can't get a game for the Saints. It looks like we recruit in a more structured way with a team balance and guys who can replace other players in the team rather than all the same types. It's not just the same players getting in the best every week and players seem to actually be improving rather than stagnating eg Shenton. We have also flicked off guys who just weren't contributing or being disciplined eg Winmar. Sandy have been a disappointment for me for a long time and now I really want to see them play and see the future. Three years ago there was barely anyone pushing up realistically. We also seem to have quick players who aren't just quick for the sake of it, they know how to actually play football as well.
Go Zebs.
Go Saints.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Cheers thunda...

Curren, Ferg & Shenton... About time we start having a look at these guys in a saints jumper surely?

If they cant get a game this year they should all be delisted as sad as it sounds. 3 years for 2 of them without a game and 2 years for the other. I still say jack is an AFL footballer but it looks like I am wrong.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

If they cant get a game this year they should all be delisted as sad as it sounds. 3 years for 2 of them without a game and 2 years for the other. I still say jack is an AFL footballer but it looks like I am wrong.
I still reckon Jacko can make it, but more in Fisher/Dempster role. Seems play his best footy as rebounding defender. Problem with that is we have ton that type player on our list already. He's started slowly this year (due to injury), once gets fitness back up hopefully he'll show that he can make it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I still reckon Jacko can make it, but more in Fisher/Dempster role. Seems play his best footy as rebounding defender. Problem with that is we have ton that type player on our list already. He's started slowly this year (due to injury), once gets fitness back up hopefully he'll show that he can make it.

Are you at Sandy this morning? If you are can you keep an eye out for number 34 for Port and give me a rundown. Also Tom Cameron and Jessie Plostins.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Could Shenton play an Aaron Hamill-type role at league level?

sasaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Curren keeps on doing all the right things and is even said to be part of the young leadership team. With some of our current mids reaching retirement maybe we are holding promotion back till we need to backfill. Apart from being vertically challenged he seems to be a good prospect.

Patience young grasshopper