Koby Stevens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Koby Stevens

He killed us last night! I'm sure the Weagles would've offered him up as a trade for Crippa but we clearly didn't want a bar of him for some reason (probably due to perceived poor kicking).

He had a breakout game against us and wanted to prove a point I reckon. So who did we get for the pick from the Eagles? Wont say its a loss until we get 100 games out of them both but I think early on I would've loved to get Stevens last year, just a personal opinion, so shoot me down guys or discuss! :-)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Koby Stevens

He chose the WB as his preferred club.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saint6709
Club Player

If only they sold hindsight in cans at 7 eleven - I'd buy some and saints would have worked harder on this bloke and forgotten about brown - we have needed a hard and angry midfielder for a long time now - i only hope Murdoch can be that guy in years to come

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:He chose the WB as his preferred club.
Not trying to shoot you down, but he didn't chose Dogs as soon as trade week started. Or at least it wasnt reported until mid trade period. I remember Eagles offerring him up to us, and most on here were pretty uninterested in that idea. Not concerned as I rate Murdoch, would much prefer Stevens over TDL - aka Whipping boy!

Strength through Loyalty
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

His was definitely linked to us in the trade period

Fazer
Club Player

You'd think our defencders would've seen the second side step goal coming after he sold the first one for a goal - we are such a dumb team, and then there was Murphy as well. Fricking witches hats.

southernsaint
Club Player

Must admitt i was hoping we would get him with the cripps trade but you cant win them all :(

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sure, he got 31 possessions 3 goals... But we have Trent who I bet is leading the Sandringham goal kicking. 8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So you lot reckon we could have got Koby Stevens for pick #47 or whatever we used on TDL?

It is a straight comparision is it?

We probably would have got Stevens fopr pick #24 and would not have Wright.

Wright would be killing it in another team or at WCE and we would have had the usual suspects crapping on about how a bloke like that could get to #24 like they have about Darling.

Admit it, some of you are just sad sack whingers.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:So you lot reckon we could have got Koby Stevens for pick #47 or whatever we used on TDL?

Wright would be killing it in another team or at WCE and we would have had the usual suspects crapping on about how a bloke like that could get to #24 like they have about Darling.

Err, Joffa, we could've got Koby for Cripps. Was on the table before we constantly said no not interested we want Brown and only Brown. End of story.

Strength through Loyalty
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:So you lot reckon we could have got Koby Stevens for pick #47 or whatever we used on TDL?

Err, Joffa, we could've got Koby for Cripps. Was on the table before we constantly said no not interested we want Brown and only Brown. End of story.
Could you give me a link to that story. I would be interested to see where Koby Stevenes was offered for Cripps.
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 26 May 2013 3:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Ick wrote:

Could you give me a link to that story. I would be interested to see where Koby Stevenes was offered for Cripps.

Still waiting...

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Considering you have run away after your lies I will help you out

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/spo ... y-stevens/

The Western Bulldogs have secured West Coast midfielder Koby Stevens ahead of Friday's Trade Period deadline.

The Dogs have exhanged second round pick (44) for the 21-year-old.

Stevens nominated the Western Bulldogs as his team of choice having earlier been drafted by the Eagles (pick 23 in the 2009 AFL Draft).

List Manager Jason McCartney said Stevens was a welcome addition to the Bulldogs' developing midfield stocks.

"Koby is a high quality person, with outstanding training habits and will add depth to the club's midfield," McCartney said.

"His big strong body along with a terrific attitude to his football make him a great acquisition to our Football Club."

West Coast says it will now turn its attention to getting St Kilda's Jamie Cripps back to Perth to play with the Eagles.

So dont make crap up :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Wow, all of that within the total of what half an hour? I'd hate to disappoint you but I have a life away from this forum. So whilst you seem to be doing an excellent job of putting me down, accussing me of lying, and giving me no real chance to reply I will just post this little story.

http://mobile.news.com.au/breaking-news ... 6495499368

Its on my mobile, but will hopefully work for you. I'm sure there are probably more stories around but I just found one for you. Its dated 14 October, I will point out that your article is dated 24 October.

Next time you chose to personally attack me when everything I've said appears to have actually occurred or has been reported in the media, just rethink your actions. I tend not to be the type to simply make things up but thanks for the character assassination champ. You look like a fool by trying to rewrite history and discredit me in the process, and to be honest, whilst its only a forum - I expect better from any saints supporter.

Strength through Loyalty
Griggsy
SS Life Member

When you deal with hypotheticals like them offering him then there could be a million and one f* ups to complain about

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Griggsy wrote:When you deal with hypotheticals like them offering him then there could be a million and one f* ups to complain about
Thats a fair call and I wont disagree, last year I think we were linked at some stage to Caddy, Jacobs, Stevens, even Bennell or Jetta (cant remember which one) from Melbourne. A few f* ups and a few dodged bullets in those 4!

Strength through Loyalty