Vs West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dean26

Vs West Coast

Let's all get there and support the boys next week.

We need to pack out Etihad with a sea of red, black and white.

Can't wait to smash those Eagles.

We're due for a big one like our win Vs the Blues.

Come on SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vs West Coast

Hope we're not 10 goals down at qtr time again.

Have unhappy memories of my last game against West Coast.
Went into the rooms before the game and didn't think they looked switched on.
For once in my life wish I was wrong, that was the night half the side had the flu and Goose broke his leg.

luc1966
Club Player

Would like to c Nic and Stanley going at it but I doubt ferg will play next week. Bring back the kos

dean26

We've got this one in the bag.

Eagles were putrid tonight AND AT HOME!!!!!

Roo to kick 8 and Milne to turn back the clock.

Get set guys and gals we're going to end the Eagle's season.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I will go because I must be a sadomasochist deep down- i'm not confident. That North game has got me worried for the first time this year. hope I'm wrong.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Weagles were worse than we were and they haven't beaten anyone. They even played one of our rejects.

Win number three coming up.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'm confident. :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We'll flog those pissants. They are officially the rabble side of the AFL.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

They haven't beaten anyone of note so they said on Telly.

Not that we are of note for that matter!

All in all, we have an extra days break (6 day break for them), we surely will play footy this week as well.

Risk is TDL will get selected. Lets hope not.

For me we are an outside chance - Eagles by only 3 goals.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

dean26 wrote:Let's all get there and support the boys next week.

Can you re-send this to the Cheersquad. They, along with the club would have to be embarrassed by the (LACK OF) numbers in the cheersquad area against North !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I'm disappointed that more Sainters are not getting along and cheering their guts out...more than ever we live in a society that wants the easy option, wants winners and doesn't want to get their hands dirty. It's hard to market a team when the players are saying that was worst quarter of football they have ever been involved in.

The whole club needs a good kick up the backside- (Rant follows): get out of Seaford (pleasant suburb, but not a place for the HQ of an AFL team) and back to Moorabbin and the real world (or close to it), step up the marketing, get more active in selling memberships, and above all, I hope the president and board are demanding better results of the football department as of this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Yeah, I'm disappointed that more Sainters are not getting along and cheering their guts out...more than ever we live in a society that wants the easy option, wants winners and doesn't want to get their hands dirty. It's hard to market a team when the players are saying that was worst quarter of football they have ever been involved in.

The whole club needs a good kick up the backside- (Rant follows): get out of Seaford (pleasant suburb, but not a place for the HQ of an AFL team) and back to Moorabbin and the real world (or close to it), step up the marketing, get more active in selling memberships, and above all, I hope the president and board are demanding better results of the football department as of this week.

I can honestly say i have been one of those weak supporters who havent been to many games this year. I have only been to 2 which is pathetic and sometimes I have an excuse like any Saturday game but not last week or even this Sunday coming. We are losing and i just couldnt be bothered.

And I will never understand the where we train thing. Most sessions are closed so it doesnt even really matter where they train. Hawks train at Waverley. hasnt had to much effect on them.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
dean26 wrote:Let's all get there and support the boys next week.

Can you re-send this to the Cheersquad. They, along with the club would have to be embarrassed by the (LACK OF) numbers in the cheersquad area against North !!
What's sad it when there are a number there in the actual cheer squad bays and the bays around it it's a fantastic atmosphere.
It's a shame the club can't arrange for Members who are sitting elsewhere at the ground to be moved to the cheersquad for a game. Just to make it look like we've got people there. Even get the players who arn't playing to sit there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

think id rather sit at home on the couch in front of the big screen with the fire going and watch it

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:think id rather sit at home on the couch in front of the big screen with the fire going and watch it

i would too...except they are playing at the dome....about dropkick and a good torp from where i live...can't justify not going...unfortunately.....oh...and i don't have a fireplace....mores the pity... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ill give this week a miss. I have to admit I havent been to any games this season either.

The 16,000 km trip from Oregon and $1500 price tag is a bit much for me to absorb right now.

I will be watching in the middle of the night on the official AFL approved stream though (as I have for all but 2 games this season, Round 1 when I was in Las Vagas getting married and the Bombers game because my PC had an issue)

I feel like we are due and as much as I go to bed fuming about the game I cant not watch.

Go Saints

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
#gosaintas
Club Player

I have not been to Etihad once this season even though I have a reserved seat. Similar story with a few mates. Have been to the MCG games though. On the flip side I have been to all the home Sandy games and they are fun to watch. Even though Ledger was pretty crap last week we must give him a run for a bit to see if he can step up. I would also like to see Simpkin given a run in the middle for Sandy. Dunno if he can cut it there but he is just the wrong size for key back though I want him in the side somewhere. We need his hardness.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I'm not so optimistic, think their talls are gonna have a day,

And just wait for the eruption of anti umpire threads with selwood and cox receiving 5 frees each

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Can you re-send this to the Cheersquad. They, along with the club would have to be embarrassed by the (LACK OF) numbers in the cheersquad area against North !![/quote]
What's sad it when there are a number there in the actual cheer squad bays and the bays around it it's a fantastic atmosphere.
It's a shame the club can't arrange for Members who are sitting elsewhere at the ground to be moved to the cheersquad for a game. Just to make it look like we've gfot people there.[color=#FFFF00] Even get the players who arn't playing to sit there.[/quote][/color]

finally found a use for all those spare small forwards, might have to get a cushion each for them to sit on so they can see over the fence!

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
finally found a use for all those spare small forwards, might have to get a cushion each for them to sit on so they can see over the fence!
I would of thought they would of needed the yellow and white pages?