If we lose to Melbourne....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: If we lose to Melbourne....

Cairnsman wrote:Melbourne beat the Bombers last year and they seem to have recovered. Eventually they will beat someone and if it happens to be us then I expect some supporters will adopt the victim and loser mentality and default to cries of it must be the coaches fault. I actually think Melbourne are close to turning the corner and sacking their coach will set them back a couple of more years. I listened to Trengove on SEN today and he was very strong in his support for what Neeld is doing at the club and genuinely got the feeling it wasn't lip service. Trengrove said that Neeld come in with a firm plan and is sticking to it and that it is just a matter of the players continuing to train the plan and getting enough enough games under their belt. IMO it makes sense and if we were to sack Watters in under 3 years then our club will become Melbourne. If the club sticks to the current plan I think it will turn within that time.
Good post. The media desperately want Melbourne to sack Neeld but it would be a stupid thing to do at this point. Same with us and Watters. No-one knows if either of them are any good but eighteen months is far too little time to make a judgement on.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

if we lose to melb white Winmar and a few other SS members will have break downs...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Simmo2
Club Player

Dal will have 67 possessions and we'll win by 130 points.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

we will be the biggest laughing stock in football and hear how typical it is that the 'aint's' lose to melbourne,,,

In reality we win by 5 goals

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if the coach being sacked will improve them.

They will have Neil Craig then as their interim coach.

Last time we played a NC coached side, we won by 103 pts. ;)

spert
Saintsational Legend

If we lose to Melbourne, sack Watters as it will mean we are worse than rebuilding, though I believe we are at least 6 goals superior to Melbourne, and if we don't win by that margin, then we have issues.

jays
Club Player

no chance

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

What will happen because we are cur said , is that they will be a good chance and we will have to fight real hard to beat them .

After watching them against the pies , they played pretty well but could not kick a goal , they missed some easy chances . when they play us they'll be kicking em out of there arses .
Just like north did , watching that game they played against GC . they were sh*thouse , against us they could do no wrong !

In red white and black from 73
Grimfang
Club Player

We've gone to the umpire department for "clarifications". Just watch who we get assigned this week as umpires.

If I was a betting person I'd be looking to lay a bet about which team gets 0 frees for a game......... :P :P

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Melbourne beat the Bombers last year and they seem to have recovered. Eventually they will beat someone and if it happens to be us then I expect some supporters will adopt the victim and loser mentality and default to cries of it must be the coaches fault. I actually think Melbourne are close to turning the corner and sacking their coach will set them back a couple of more years. I listened to Trengove on SEN today and he was very strong in his support for what Neeld is doing at the club and genuinely got the feeling it wasn't lip service. Trengrove said that Neeld come in with a firm plan and is sticking to it and that it is just a matter of the players continuing to train the plan and getting enough enough games under their belt. IMO it makes sense and if we were to sack Watters in under 3 years then our club will become Melbourne. If the club sticks to the current plan I think it will turn within that time.
Good post. The media desperately want Melbourne to sack Neeld but it would be a stupid thing to do at this point. Same with us and Watters. No-one knows if either of them are any good but eighteen months is far too little time to make a judgement on.
Exactly! A coach is only starting to know where the toilets are located in the place after 12 months so how the hell can he turn a team around that is at the bottom of an equity cycle.

As a side note I reckon elite sporting clubs have to adopt a new management paradigm. For a starter I think it is about time that the game plan and other significant aspects of a coaches plan need to be owned by the club and not an individual such as the coach. That way if there are issues with the coach then the success of the game plan relies on a system owned by the club and not an individual. It would be a far smoother transition between coaches IMO. We here a lot about players just being role players well surely the time has come where a coach is just a role player and not the messiah.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I would expect some of our younger players to play out of their skins, getting the opportunity to play a game at the G. It is a St Kilda home game so no Dees supporters will turn up and we will win comfortably. Expect Lenny back and Roo to explode.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I would expect some of our younger players to play out of their skins, getting the opportunity to play a game at the G. It is a St Kilda home game so no Dees supporters will turn up and we will win comfortably. Expect Lenny back and Roo to explode.
and fisher , maybe snieds !

In red white and black from 73
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

mr six o'clock wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:I would expect some of our younger players to play out of their skins, getting the opportunity to play a game at the G. It is a St Kilda home game so no Dees supporters will turn up and we will win comfortably. Expect Lenny back and Roo to explode.
and fisher , maybe snieds !
50%. 0%.

Greg T
Club Player

Crikeys,would anyone be surprised if we did.
And what good has it done keeping Neeld,.
Poorly run club

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

If we lose to Melbourne , then we are definitely tanking