Saints rule Milne out of game against Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Saints rule Milne out of game against Melbourne

Well there's mixed messages about it becuase there was a report posted on the Feral Hun 5 minutes ago saying it will decided by talks with Milne after traiing today, hence the timing of the presser at 2:30pm this afternoon.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:The club or the AFL can't be seen in any way, shape or form to be supporting Milne.
They can't be seem to be not supporting him either.

He's not been found guilty of anything and maintains his innocence.

That's why I think standing him down citing his welfare is the only option they had.

He'll be shitty about it, his mates probably will be too which could even fracture the playing group irreversibly - but unfortunately the long term interests of the club I really don't think there was a choice.

This is probably correct.

From what I hear July 5th is a committal where a judge decides if there is enough evidence to take the matter to court. If the judge rules in Milnes favour well he has missed two to three games and can be re-instated.

If the judge rules the case goes to court, well sorry to say but thats the end for Milne I would think.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainter27
Club Player

Clearly the only thing to be done, bit of a shame Milney didn't man up and make the call himself.
Would every goal he kicked this week be celebrated like each one leads to his exoneration?
Many passionate Saints fans would have that view and it is simply an ill-judged one. Milney will
always have heaps of mates at the club, thus I am a little annoyed at this 'club is the best place for me',
'club is my family' victim attitude. He should have stood down voluntarily until this matter was resolved.
He still has his family and many friends to privately support him-and he is not a kid anymore
, but publicly for everyones' sake, he should not be wearing a Saints jumper.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Well there's mixed messages about it becuase there was a report posted on the Feral Hun 5 minutes ago saying it will decided by talks with Milne after traiing today, hence the timing of the presser at 2:30pm this afternoon.

weird isnt it
i thought the same, was to be announced at a presser at 2.30
all of a sudden someone has got wind of him not playing now

f*** knows whats going on

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:The only option.

They just had to find a way to do it and also be seen as totally supporting him.

Starting to come around to that. lets be totally honest here. The worst thing a person can do is murder someone and probably the second worse thing you can do is rape someone. Not sure a person charged with rape should be playing even though I probably still think he is not guilty.
I still probably think there is a case to answer. Whether that case is proven or not remains to be seen. I don't think I can reconcile myself for him to be 'not guilty'. There is way too much smoke now for there not to be a fire. She's been determined, and so have the police, to right a perceived wrong. Whether they can prove it is up to the courts. But I don't think Milne is blameless, if that is your definition of 'not guilty'.

There are those closer to the case, and St Kilda, that know exactly what went on, and what evidence went astray or whatever is alleged to have happened to it. I hope the club or people within it are dragged in on any perverting the course of justice charges.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:[If the judge rules in Milnes favour well he has missed two to three games and can be re-instated.
If this occurs, is that the full stop to it all? Done and dusted, finally, after all these years??.. Or could it rear it's ugly head again, as it has throughout his career??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They just had to find a way to do it and also be seen as totally supporting him.

Starting to come around to that. lets be totally honest here. The worst thing a person can do is murder someone and probably the second worse thing you can do is rape someone. Not sure a person charged with rape should be playing even though I probably still think he is not guilty.
I still probably think there is a case to answer. Whether that case is proven or not remains to be seen. I don't think I can reconcile myself for him to be 'not guilty'. There is way too much smoke now for there not to be a fire. She's been determined, and so have the police, to right a perceived wrong. Whether they can prove it is up to the courts. But I don't think Milne is blameless, if that is your definition of 'not guilty'.

There are those closer to the case, and St Kilda, that know exactly what went on, and what evidence went astray or whatever is alleged to have happened to it. I hope the club or people within it are dragged in on any perverting the course of justice charges.

Im guessing both of us know a bit more than we are saying. I have a couple of sides to the story but not directly and nothing from the girl. I hoping its a case a very bad misunderstanding.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:I love Milne as a player, and have met him a few times and he has been nothing but a gentleman and stand up guy...

However what is about to unfold for him is bigger than the club or him the player... It needs to be treated very carefully and thoughtfully, and I think the club has done the right thing in keeping him out...

What happens if he kicks the winning goal or a bag of 8 and is the hero? Is it the right thing to be celebrating him, this week??... Innocent until proven otherwise, and I do hope he walks away from this with a clear record and conscious, and insist the club supports him through the process, but when it comes to on field, it is the correct call..
Yeah totally agree.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im guessing both of us know a bit more than we are saying. I have a couple of sides to the story but not directly and nothing from the girl. I hoping its a case a very bad misunderstanding.
Sorry need to correct my post...."I hope the club or people within it are NOT dragged in......" Very very important word in the context of my post.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I was told the 'facts' of this case back in 2004 by a senior police officer. Very senior, and when I say senior, I mean very senior.

I was told directly. And I when told I relaxed and never had any doubt in my mind as to the outcome.

However, what I was told doesn't seem to match up with what transpired in the press a year or two ago, and certainly doesn't match up with what has happened now.

So, I guess no matter how reliable your source - you can't believe everything you hear!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

club decided this action ok by me... if it turns out AFL fored their hand.. FRAAK U AFL... all ok for Liam to play but not SM?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Marley Williams??

PADDLEPOP1000
maxdis 42
Club Player

If he his guilty...well he should cop it...

If he is found not guilty..well the sad thing he will still cop it

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

He will remain listed but has been given indefinite leave.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-06-1 ... -statement

St.Roly
Club Player

joffaboy wrote: From what I hear July 5th is a committal where a judge decides if there is enough evidence to take the matter to court. If the judge rules in Milnes favour well he has missed two to three games and can be re-instated.

If the judge rules the case goes to court, well sorry to say but thats the end for Milne I would think.

Unfortunately, you have been misinformed. The July 5 date will be a "filing hearing" which is an administrative proceeding that essentially sets dates for the future conduct of the proceeding, including the actual committal itself (which, being pedantic, is before a Magistrate not a Judge).

While matters in the sex offences list run on an accelerated timetable (this is not my area of expertise so I can not be more specific) I am confident that we are talking about months rather than weeks before a committal would be listed and heard.

Finally, from my own perspective, I am very comfortable with the club standing him down whether explicitly for his benefit or the club's. While the presumption of innocence is paramount, there are practical concessions to this made every day - including the remanding in custody of defendants who are - at that stage - regarded as innocent.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:He will remain listed but has been given indefinite leave.

Very sad but that is the last we will see of Milney on the footy field.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so nothing came out of the presser except that milney will remain on the saints list
but
it sounded like they alluded to he prob wont play again this year?

did i read into that right??

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pluggsy you are prob right

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

very sad indeed. what shiit why to finish your career... in terms of the case i have no idea but to hope he's innocent.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St.Roly wrote:
joffaboy wrote: From what I hear July 5th is a committal where a judge decides if there is enough evidence to take the matter to court. If the judge rules in Milnes favour well he has missed two to three games and can be re-instated.

Unfortunately, you have been misinformed. The July 5 date will be a "filing hearing" which is an administrative proceeding that essentially sets dates for the future conduct of the proceeding, including the actual committal itself (which, being pedantic, is before a Magistrate not a Judge).

While matters in the sex offences list run on an accelerated timetable (this is not my area of expertise so I can not be more specific) I am confident that we are talking about months rather than weeks before a committal would be listed and heard.

Finally, from my own perspective, I am very comfortable with the club standing him down whether explicitly for his benefit or the club's. While the presumption of innocence is paramount, there are practical concessions to this made every day - including the remanding in custody of defendants who are - at that stage - regarded as innocent.

correct..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:What happens if he kicks the winning goal or a bag of 8 and is the hero? Is it the right thing to be celebrating him, this week??
Why wouldn't it be? We're not endorsing everything he's ever done as a person on and off the field. We support him because he plays for our club and we celebrate him when he does it well.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stinger
Saintsational Legend

that's all she wrote....from the point of view of milney footy career.......how very very sad.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What a player he's been. Fittingly last week was him at his absolute best.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yup, it'd be an impossibly bad look for him, the team, the club, the AFL, sponsors... etc.

Untenable.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yup, it'd be an impossibly bad look for him, the team, the club, the AFL, sponsors... etc.

Untenable.
I thought last night , when they kept showing him on the TV with our new sponsor emblazed , what they must of been thinking. I am so peed off that this wasnt dealt with 10 years ago. For everyone's sake