Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#gosaintas
Club Player

Re: Spencer White

I agree with that savatage. I also watched the sandy game and thought he looked ready. Just looks so athletic.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:he was clearly the best forward on the ground for Sandringham on the weekend (this was including players several years older than him). He needs at least a taste of senior football.
Well Maister is injured so you'd reckon we'd be looking another tall forward. Perhaps they'll go back to Kosi and get him a step closer to his 200. Or Siposs.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
savatage wrote:he was clearly the best forward on the ground for Sandringham on the weekend (this was including players several years older than him). He needs at least a taste of senior football.
Well Maister is injured so you'd reckon we'd be looking another tall forward. Perhaps they'll go back to Kosi and get him a step closer to his 200. Or Siposs.
Well there's the issue. If they don't bring Kosi in now, with the injuries we have, then I don't know that we can, or will, get him up to that magical 200.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't expect to see spencer in the afl at all in 2013.
But 2014. Hell yeah. Big pre season I reckon.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:I don't expect to see spencer in the afl at all in 2013.
Disagree - for his own development he needs a look at senior footy this year, even if only for one or two games, just to be exposed to the pace of the game.

Then a BIG preseason....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:I reckon he will play a few games towards the end of the season whether his form warrants it or not - for experience purposes.

SW has said that they will be looking to blood a few more players this year and he is most likely in line to be one of them.
exactly

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
defacto
Club Player

i think they will give him 1 or 2 games later this year. maybe round 22 vs the suns

Sobraz
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:
Disagree - for his own development he needs a look at senior footy this year, even if only for one or two games, just to be exposed to the pace of the game.

Then a BIG preseason....
Forget his development, for the sake of Con's well being it's best we hold him back to 2014... His head might explode with excitement, especially if Webster from the kickout passes to Bull Murdoch who hits Spencer White on the chest and he turns drills it from 50...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Exactly right!! Age is just a number.. If your reserves form is good enough then it should be rewarded no matter how old you are or how much you weigh.
Sure, but White has kicked 8 goals in 8 games at VFL level. Not exactly blockbuster figures for a key forward. TDL's kicked 18 in 5.

Saints94
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Exactly right!! Age is just a number.. If your reserves form is good enough then it should be rewarded no matter how old you are or how much you weigh.
Sure, but White has kicked 8 goals in 8 games at VFL level. Not exactly blockbuster figures for a key forward. TDL's kicked 18 in 5.
It's like comparing apples & oranges, look at the age and experience diffrence.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
On last week's form Kosi is a long way ahead of Siposs !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
On last week's form Kosi is a long way ahead of Siposs !!
Gee Siposs worries me..... gap between his best and non existent worst is very large

Still young, got time but that won't last forever

“Yeah….nah””
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
bergholt wrote:Sure, but White has kicked 8 goals in 8 games at VFL level. Not exactly blockbuster figures for a key forward. TDL's kicked 18 in 5.
It's like comparing apples & oranges, look at the age and experience diffrence.
Maybe, but if people want to ignore birth certificates and pick players based on form then he doesn't get a free pass just because he's young.

Richter
SS Life Member

With Milney out now and Maister injured, given it is the Nicks' 250th I think Kosi is ripe for a recall. Hopefully Lenny is available too. Experience is mightily important this weekend. The events of this week have made this a game that we are extremely vulnerable in.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

yeah we won't be winning too many this year, so this week is a must win in a sense. At least for the supporters and player morale.

if you are going to play White, just for the sake of experience, against Melbourne would make some sense. however, he would need to be a third tall I reckon. give him some support down there. so you might see Kosi come in, or Stanley/McEvoy forward periodically.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

To compare him to Joe Daniher

White
1 goal 8pos per game
Daniher
3 goals 16 pos per game

Big difference there

Spencer got less than 5 possessions in each of the two games leading up to last week

SuperDuper
Club Player

Daniher=19
Spencer=18

Ok, so there is only 8 months or so difference, but at that age it can make a difference....
Being bottom age, I didnt expect Spencer to push for selection this year... progressing nicely IMO

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Was one on one with Sammy Hamill this morning.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spencer only played 8 games or something in the TAC last year I think....

So its a massive step up mentally and physically from where he has been. He might just need mid-season a break.
Lets see how he goes in August

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Looking forward to Spencer's debut, whether it happens sometime this season or next year.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
manoffewwords
Club Player

I,ve seen Spencer play only three times at Sandy this year and felt the same as others that he is a a fair way off, assistants at the saints are regularly stating just that and refer to him as pretty raw.

I did however have an interesting discussion with a coach in the system today who had an interesting point of view. He said that he sees Spencer as a huge prospect, big and fast, he also says that playing in the VFL is doing him no favours and his guess is that he may well be a player who will enjoy the more structured AFL games. In his opinion he see's Spencer as Buddy like in his movement.

He also thought similarly of Ledger, his words were that he was strong and fast but totally disinterested, the only way to get the best from him would be to throw him in for the rest of the season. He reckons he will do well at another club.

As I said, interesting insight from someone who really knows his stuff, and different to my own ideas.

mofw

Say something once why say it again?
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Pretty sure he will get a game this year.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

[quote="manoffewwords"I did however have an interesting discussion with a coach in the system today who had an interesting point of view. He said that he sees Spencer as a huge prospect, big and fast, he also says that playing in the VFL is doing him no favours and his guess is that he may well be a player who will enjoy the more structured AFL games. In his opinion he see's Spencer as Buddy like in his movement.

He also thought similarly of Ledger, his words were that he was strong and fast but totally disinterested, the only way to get the best from him would be to throw him in for the rest of the season. He reckons he will do well at another club.
[/quote]

very interesting

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Pretty sure he will get a game this year.

He shouldnt at the moment. Not going near well enough and i doubt it will teach him the effort required to reach the top if we gift him games for no reason at all.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

He did what they asked of him against Frankston. He got angry. One step at a time.