Round 14 Team v Richmond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 14 Team v Richmond

Wayne42 wrote:When do we know the final team...is it Saturday morning ?
22 will be named tomorrow evening, but any late changes will come in 90 mins before the game.

Andreous
Club Player

dragit wrote:Who gets Jack Riewoldt? Can't be Gwilt surely? :shock:

I would try Stanley. He has got the speed and the reach. A great learning experience.

Rosco
Club Player

Andreous wrote:
dragit wrote:Who gets Jack Riewoldt? Can't be Gwilt surely? :shock:

I would try Stanley. He has got the speed and the reach. A great learning experience.

Stanley on the taller vickery?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty scary- last year we had several past AAs in the backline Fisher, Goddard, Gram, Dempster and Gilbert only Dempster is going to play. Gwilt and Dempster are our experienced players down there for this game and then Roberton and Gears who still are under 50 games of AFL. Zac was our FB in our GF teams also. I hope we can muster some kind of defence because the Tiges do have fire power. Bad week for Simpkin to go missing.

I'm going with 3 Tigers mates- I'm not looking forward to getting smashed. I hope Scott has something planned.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

There are still four tallish backs in the side: Stanley, Gwilt, Dempster and Roberton. Enough to at least match up Riewoldt, Vickery, McGuane and Edwards, though I'd be surprised if those four didn't kick at least 7 between them.

That leaves Roo and Kosi as key forwards, maybe Dunell as third banana. Can't see Siposs coming back yet, and Saad shouldn't play either. The final out is Murdoch or Ledger, and since Murdoch only had a half last week it'd be a bit rough to drop him, so presumably Ledger misses out. Still, he's closer to a game than he has been all year!

Hard to see us not getting thumped but the midfield is (always) the key. A chance if CJ does a reasonable job on Cotchin.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:There are still four tallish backs in the side: Stanley, Gwilt, Dempster and Roberton. Enough to at least match up Riewoldt, Vickery, McGuane and Edwards, though I'd be surprised if those four didn't kick at least 7 between them.

That leaves Roo and Kosi as key forwards, maybe Dunell as third banana. Can't see Siposs coming back yet, and Saad shouldn't play either. The final out is Murdoch or Ledger, and since Murdoch only had a half last week it'd be a bit rough to drop him, so presumably Ledger misses out. Still, he's closer to a game than he has been all year!

Hard to see us not getting thumped but the midfield is (always) the key. A chance if CJ does a reasonable job on Cotchin.

Jack usually kicks at least 7 by himself - I just hope your right. I actually think that Scotty might put Ledge in - he has said that the key to defending Richmonds forwards is to win it out of the midfield. Ledge can help there.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:The named backline is the worst (on paper) we have had for sometime................
and possibly the shortest .. does not bode well :-(

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

In a word that is becoming clearly obvious

TANKING

Examples
*Going to the AFL preseason and asking to be made an example of for each decision,as long as we don't get any square ups,NONE!
* Recruiting the worst fitness guy in the southern hemisphere apart from The Weapon. Has enabled us to not run one game out this season,and most players on the list are carrying injuries and gone backwards 5 years in fitness
* Strange match selections. Ie- 13 soft small forwards in the same side. Playing gangly 7 foot 8 sprint machine wingmen at fullback on strength monsters.
*Giving our most likely kids as least time possible to AFL exposure. Jimmy Webster is thought to use the ball to well to get more than 16 minutes game time. Nathan Wright is far to impressive,therefore must do an 4 week apprenticeship back at Frankston after a 4 day injury.
*Plays one Lenny Hayes in the seconds at Ballarat in minus 13 conditions.

It's genius, and will ensure us pick 3,and possibly a resurgence up the ladder again possibly by 2019 instead of 2026

*Clubs lists future is pending Essendon Drug cheating outcome. If found guilty the penalty will be handed on to us,and multiplied by 6,due to Milne being on Essendons rookie lists in 1999,and also the 1996 Waverley lights out game in where Robert Harvey was on the verge of blowing the game to pieces when they pulled the plug, how dare he...how dare he

Bring back the Lockett era
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Lenny won't play ressies

elizabethr
Club Player

mightysainters wrote:Lenny won't play ressies
Wanna bet ?

nothing to say
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah he will play ressies
ease him in
seasons over and if he is going around again next year lets not be too hasty with the legend.......

saint6
Club Player

lenny said himself that he is taking it slowly - will probably play half a game in the vfl to ensure that his calf is going to stand up to game conditions. We all complained when he was brought back too quickly and injured himself again. Do you want him to injure himself again?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd still be surprised if Chaplin plays, they should have their own defensive issues.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6671460643

Panic Room: Richmond's Nick Vlastuin could be a late withdrawal against St Kilda

The eyes of the SuperCoach world are on Richmond teenager Nick Vlastuin this weekend.

Vlastuin has played just eight matches, but carries the hopes of more than 150,000 players in Australia's biggest fantasy sports game.

With other popular defenders including Grant Birchall, Shannon Hurn and Brett Goodes out, we need Vlastuin more than ever.

The bad news is he is a big chance to take a rest while the Tigers face St Kilda at the MCG on Sunday.

Vlastuin hurt his shin when another player fell on it against the Dogs last weekend and spent the last 16min of the match on the bench nursing the injury. Coach Damien Hardwick said he suffered bruising and our spies tell us he was was limping around the club during the week.

He was named in the side last night but it wouldn't be a surprise if the coaching staff had a change of heart and decided it's not a bad time for the youngster to have a rest to keep him fresh for the run home - and hopefully finals.

The Tigers are adamant another defender, Troy Chaplin, will play despite being carried off last week with a knee injury.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Round 14 Team v Richmond - Final

In: Wright

Out: Simpkin

I/C: Newnes, Dunell, Ross, Murdoch

Emerg: Siposs, Ledger, Saad

Ledger misses out again..........

Hold your ground :shock:
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co. What a joke to elevate Fergusson give him half a game he was not ready for and leave the others squandering in the VFL. Who ever suggested that SW was good at developing the kids has his head up his back side !

To be honest I am that fed up with the clubs continued poor player management I WONT be renewing my family membership next year !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Poor player management??? The guy can't kick a footy!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Poor player management??? The guy can't kick a footy!
Nor could Jack Steven last year. He needed EXPERIENCE and time to find his feet at senior level. Something that hasn't been afforded to Ledger

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:
Munga wrote:Poor player management??? The guy can't kick a footy!
Nor could Jack Steven last year. He needed EXPERIENCE and time to find his feet at senior level. Something that hasn't been afforded to Ledger
Agreed totally Mad Sainter - the kid is goer and just needs a decent run at it to prove himself. For me he is a far better option than Seb Ross who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night, but he (ledger) is continually shafted by the club selectors.

Middo
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co. What a joke to elevate Fergusson give him half a game he was not ready for and leave the others squandering in the VFL. Who ever suggested that SW was good at developing the kids has his head up his back side !

To be honest I am that fed up with the clubs continued poor player management I WONT be renewing my family membership next year !
Good , go follow Freo you flog .

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi's 200th in Perth vs Lyon?

Hope not!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co.
Murdoch, Webster, Dunell, Newnes, Ross - surely there's a limit to the number of young mids you can have in one side?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co. What a joke to elevate Fergusson give him half a game he was not ready for and leave the others squandering in the VFL. Who ever suggested that SW was good at developing the kids has his head up his back side !

Good , go follow Freo you flog .
Intellectual response Middo - I bet you're a well balanced individual ?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Round 14 Team v Richmond - Final

MCG-Unit wrote:In: Wright

Out: Simpkin

I/C: Newnes, Dunell, Ross, Murdoch

Emerg: Siposs, Ledger, Saad

Ledger misses out again..........
Don't bet on it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co.
Murdoch, Webster, Dunell, Newnes, Ross - surely there's a limit to the number of young mids you can have in one side?

Especially inside mids. We seem to actually be missing outside runners now.