I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

markp wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: 2. The bombers are a bunch of cheating scumbags BUT ASADA are so incompetent that they made an error and told the bombers aod 9604 was ok when it wasn't in which case the bombers have to get off.
If that was the case we would've heard all about it and seen the evidence by now.

They're banking on the legal 'grey areas'.

But there are none.

Warne got a year for taking a single diuretic tablet... these guys are gawn.
Yeah - youd think so.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Id love to know what you think my argument actually is. I have said time again I have no idea if Essendon players are guilty or not. Watson admits taking a drug that is now banned. Essendon for some reason are confident that they will get off. i dont want only Watson stood down because i beleive there are others who have admitted they used something that is banned. i didnt know the public decide the penalty. i think it is the AFL and ASADA so Watson telling us means bugger all to those 2 groups unless of course he is the only one who admitted use. So my actual argument has always been to wait and see. Wow thats so poorly thought out. it is so poorly thought out that it is actually happening. it seems we are waiting and seeing. Whether the public like it or not its happening. As for me being upset surely that is a joke. I have been challenged by many more than you over this issue. Cant see why when all I want to do is wait and see.

So again quote this poorly thought out argument what ever that is. And you can decontruct it all you like but that doesnt make you points any better than mine. All it does is make your point as I make mine which is quite boring. Lets just wait and see.
You truly are noggin plugger - you keep saying 'you have no idea' and 'im so sensible because i am waiting and seeing' BUT then you keep using wording like 'Watson admits taking a drug that is now banned. '
This indicates you are taking the EFC media release that 'it wasnt banned at the time' OVER AND ABOVE the word of WADA President John Fahey.

Why do you do that? It seems you base your wording on EFC media releases - and blinker yourself to all other facts that don't suit the EFC cause. Bizarre behaviour.

The actual fact is :
'Watson admitted to taking a drug that was banned at the time he took it'

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-26/f ... ank-claims

On Tuesday, WADA declared the anti-obesity drug was prohibited under its banned substances list and Fahey - in a statement on Thursday - clarified that declaration.

"It (AOD9604) does not have approval from a therapeutic regulator. It has been prohibited (by WADA) since January 1, 2011," the statement read.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yea Team 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Id love to know what you think my argument actually is. I have said time again I have no idea if Essendon players are guilty or not. Watson admits taking a drug that is now banned. Essendon for some reason are confident that they will get off. i dont want only Watson stood down because i beleive there are others who have admitted they used something that is banned. i didnt know the public decide the penalty. i think it is the AFL and ASADA so Watson telling us means bugger all to those 2 groups unless of course he is the only one who admitted use. So my actual argument has always been to wait and see. Wow thats so poorly thought out. it is so poorly thought out that it is actually happening. it seems we are waiting and seeing. Whether the public like it or not its happening. As for me being upset surely that is a joke. I have been challenged by many more than you over this issue. Cant see why when all I want to do is wait and see.

So again quote this poorly thought out argument what ever that is. And you can decontruct it all you like but that doesnt make you points any better than mine. All it does is make your point as I make mine which is quite boring. Lets just wait and see.
You truly are noggin plugger - you keep saying 'you have no idea' and 'im so sensible because i am waiting and seeing' BUT then you keep using wording like 'Watson admits taking a drug that is now banned. '
This indicates you are taking the EFC media release that 'it wasnt banned at the time' OVER AND ABOVE the word of WADA President John Fahey.

Why do you do that? It seems you base your wording on EFC media releases - and blinker yourself to all other facts that don't suit the EFC cause. Bizarre behaviour.

The actual fact is :
'Watson admitted to taking a drug that was banned at the time he took it'

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-26/f ... ank-claims

On Tuesday, WADA declared the anti-obesity drug was prohibited under its banned substances list and Fahey - in a statement on Thursday - clarified that declaration.

"It (AOD9604) does not have approval from a therapeutic regulator. It has been prohibited (by WADA) since January 1, 2011," the statement read.

Im a noggin but you have gone from 90% to 70% guilt. Why is that Con? because you now have more doubt. i know he has taken a banned product but I still dont know if the footy club has some information we dont so that is why i continue to say I have no idea yet if they are guilty. I do know the club is guilty of pathetic govenance and have said that since day one. Now explain why you arent 100% sure they are guilty Con. This should be interesting.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Im a noggin but you have gone from 90% to 70% guilt. Why is that Con? because you now have more doubt. i know he has taken a banned product but I still dont know if the footy club has some information we dont so that is why i continue to say I have no idea yet if they are guilty. I do know the club is guilty of pathetic govenance and have said that since day one. Now explain why you arent 100% sure they are guilty Con. This should be interesting.

"Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one."

-Voltaire -

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:i know he has taken a banned product
plugger66 wrote:that is why i continue to say I have no idea yet if they are guilty
Answering your own question...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Id love to know what you think my argument actually is.
Everyone would love to know it, but it seems very confused

plugger66 wrote:I have said time again I have no idea if Essendon players are guilty or not.
I dont understand, why did you say that the players had told ASADA the same thing that Watson publicly said he had done????????
plugger66 wrote: Watson admits taking a drug that is now banned.
Incorrect. He was injected with a banned drug during 2012 when it had been banned under WADA category S0 since January 1 2011.

It hasn't suddenly been banned.

plugger66 wrote:Essendon for some reason are confident that they will get off
Fair enough - presumption of innocence is a tenent of our justice system
plugger66 wrote:. i dont want only Watson stood down because i beleive there are others who have admitted they used something that is banned.
Who are the others and can I see where they had admitted their guilt in public? Only one I know who has admitted that in public is Jobe Watson. But he still is allowed to play even though he admitted to taking a banned WADA drug.

When other Essendon players are dumb enough to plead guilty, they should be banned as well.
plugger66 wrote: i didnt know the public decide the penalty.
They dont. the governing body of the sport, if it had any credibility, would decide that pending an investigation to the admission of guilt.
plugger66 wrote: i think it is the AFL and ASADA so Watson telling us means bugger all to those 2 groups unless of course he is the only one who admitted use.
Who knows because the AFl are deathly silent on the issue. An admitted user of banned substances is not automatically stood down ios incredible and shows the AFL to be weak willed and have double standards.

it can stand him down for bring the game into disrepute or a number of other AFL rulings, but not a word from AFL. Really pathetic.
plugger66 wrote:So my actual argument has always been to wait and see.
So was mine until Jobe Watson admitted guilt publicy. He has said he took a banned substance.
plugger66 wrote:Wow thats so poorly thought out. it is so poorly thought out that it is actually happening.
Umm yes P66, we all know what is happenning, we are asking WHY is it happening when an AFL player has stated publicy that he has used a banned WADA drug. We are asking why doesn't the AFL clarify the situation. We are asking why they lean on some players to stand down when convicted of nothing, while letting an admitted drug cheat play and help his side win a match.

We are asking why the AFL is letting this farce continue and allowing it to taint the competition.

Amazing you can only see the narrowest of realities. Dont you have the capacity to ask why?
plugger66 wrote: it seems we are waiting and seeing. Whether the public like it or not its happening.
Again we can all see the AFl isn't moving and allowing an admitted user of banned drugs play.

The question is WHY??????????????????
plugger66 wrote:As for me being upset surely that is a joke. I have been challenged by many more than you over this issue. Cant see why when all I want to do is wait and see.
I think you may be getting upset P66. Dont know why. Only trying to get you to think with a bit of logic, not slavishly follow the party line.

All you can say is "wait and see". The bloke is an admitted drug cheat but still is allowed to play in the competition.

The AFLs reputation on illegal performance enhancing drugs is in absolute tatters.

They look like they are soft on drug users and are allowing it to taint the competition. You happy with that. Fair enough. You probably think WWE is fair dinkum as well.
plugger66 wrote:So again quote this poorly thought out argument what ever that is.
Have done as you have asked.
plugger66 wrote: And you can decontruct it all you like but that doesnt make you points any better than mine.
But that is the problem P66, yo dont have any points. All you are doing is following the AFL. You are not thinking for yourself or examining the fact as they have become known since Monday night.

And these are the facts.

Watson admits guilt in taking a banned drug in 2012 that has been on WADA's banned category S0 since 1st January 2012

AFL is a signatory to WADA.

AFL hear the admission of guilt.

AFL do not stand down the admitted drug cheat until the ASADA investigation is completed.

AFL credibility and integrity is in tatters.

Admitted drug cheat Watson helps his team to a 1 point win in a tained game because he is using performance enhancing drugs

Supporters ask why?

You dont ask why, but parrot Essendon and the AFL.
plugger66 wrote:All it does is make your point as I make mine which is quite boring. Lets just wait and see.
Why do i have to wait and see, when I HAVE SEEN an admitted drug cheat on TV admit guilt?

YOu obviously dont think drug cheating is anything to worry about.

Others do.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

The AFL's silence on the admission is pretty staggering... not really sure what to make of it.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

First, in February, there was no story and threats of legal action to Fairfax Media if any story regarding dubious sports science practices was published.

Then came the claim that all the players took were vitamins.

Then the denial that any player was injected or treated with AOD-9604. Then there was the rogue element that completely took over the club and misled everyone else. Hird took full responsibility. Then he blamed others who had misled him. Then he said the club would be in a very good position at the end of all this. Then he could no longer say that.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2XUeZpmcH

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I can't wait until the end of August, then we should know, this thread should have over 50 pages of speculation by then..

It will be interesting to reflect and see if anyone was on the money.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

fact 1
aod-9604 BANNED 1 January 2011

fact 2
watson addmitted taking it

so guilty
all he can argue now is mitigating circumstances to reduce ban below the 2 years.

The Craw
Club Player

Essendon will not be playing finals.

Of course they will be pleading their innocence. If there was any doubt their sponsors would be jumping ship like rates on the Titanic.

The AFL needs Essendon playing under the assumption of gaining premiership points.

They cannot have the situation like the NRL where the Storm played out the season for no gain at all.

They are under obligation to have 8 games televised per game so if one team is playing for no benefit at all who would bother watching ….. Who would be bothered going to the game.

The AFL has learnt from the NRL debacle.

Come finals time Essendon it will play out like this ….

Loss of points for season 2013
Fines
Draft pick penalties
Players will get sanctions

They will have 6 months of damage control and will lock and load for 2014.

Not Craw, CRAW!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My guess will be fines and an off season holiday for all Essendon players caught but life bans to Angus Monfries and anyone already out of Essendon. James Hird will get the media saying how great he was deflecting the evil outsiders that inconvenienced him and the AFL will supply him with tanning and anti obesity products as a peace offering.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jobe Watson is a self-confessed drug cheat and should be stripped of his Brownlow Medal. End of story.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:Essendon will not be playing finals.

Of course they will be pleading their innocence. If there was any doubt their sponsors would be jumping ship like rates on the Titanic.

The AFL needs Essendon playing under the assumption of gaining premiership points.

They cannot have the situation like the NRL where the Storm played out the season for no gain at all.

They are under obligation to have 8 games televised per game so if one team is playing for no benefit at all who would bother watching ….. Who would be bothered going to the game.

The AFL has learnt from the NRL debacle.

Come finals time Essendon it will play out like this ….

Loss of points for season 2013
Fines
Draft pick penalties
Players will get sanctions

They will have 6 months of damage control and will lock and load for 2014.
KIA were about to jump until the AFL stepped in and assured them all was good. They might be re-considering now that Watson has admitted that he is a drug cheat. TOLL is controlled by a former Essendon President and their troubles extend WAY beyond their sponsorship of Essendon !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:My guess will be fines and an off season holiday for all Essendon players caught but life bans to Angus Monfries and anyone already out of Essendon. James Hird will get the media saying how great he was deflecting the evil outsiders that inconvenienced him and the AFL will supply him with tanning and anti obesity products as a peace offering.
Don't forget the statute of Hirdy at the G and a photo of him in all kids Primary School rooms as part of the Goneski reforms.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:My guess will be fines and an off season holiday for all Essendon players caught but life bans to Angus Monfries and anyone already out of Essendon. James Hird will get the media saying how great he was deflecting the evil outsiders that inconvenienced him and the AFL will supply him with tanning and anti obesity products as a peace offering.
Hirdy = Goneski
Probably right !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Remember the punky Brewster campaign ?
She was like 5 years old . How did she even know what drugs were
This was common Reagan-era television propaganda during the 80's. I also remember it in cartoons (Masters of the Universe, if I remember correctly) and other family sitcoms like Different Strokes.

As crazy as it sounds, children as young as five in parts of America are exposed to drugs (first hand and second hand).

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Remember the punky Brewster campaign ?
She was like 5 years old . How did she even know what drugs were
This was common Reagan-era television propaganda during the 80's. I also remember it in cartoons (Masters of the Universe, if I remember correctly) and other family sitcoms like Different Strokes.

As crazy as it sounds, children as young as five in parts of America are exposed to drugs (first hand and second hand).

Different Strokes must have planted a seed in the actors minds. Just do it campaigns must have mixed together with just say no. They didn't buy Nikes but spent the 90s in rehab or jail.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A small club, a crap player....

Sanction would already have been handed out... Why the wait?

Spin doctors are just trying to figure out how to minimise damage to the club brand/AFL Brand

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A small club, a crap player....

Sanction would already have been handed out... Why the wait?

Spin doctors are just trying to figure out how to minimise damage to the club brand/AFL Brand

Forget this Brand rubbish. The AFL are all about $$$$$$$$$. No Essendon on ANZAC Day would cost them in excess of $1Mill !!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, you're right....

Damage control is that difficult, heads are in the sand... Silence is deafening...

Spin it how you like, game has been bought into disrepute regardless....

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The commentators on 3AW were suggesting the players will get off, but, the people in control of the team will be punished .

Not sure how Watson will get off, unless they need proof Watson was given the banned drug because the 3AW commentators are saying that the banned drug might have been listed on a bit
of paper , BUT, the reality is there is no proof what Watson was ACTUALLY given , hence, he and the rest of the players might get off.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:The commentators on 3AW were suggesting the players will get off, but, the people in control of the team will be punished .

Not sure how Watson will get off, unless they need proof Watson was given the banned drug because the 3AW commentators are saying that the banned drug might have been listed on a bit
of paper , BUT, the reality is there is no proof what Watson was ACTUALLY given , hence, he and the rest of the players might get off.
I think it will come out that there IS PROOF. Invoices for the stuff were made out in the name ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB (remember, they blew the supplement/peptide budget by more than $400,000). The club paid for the stuff, the captain admitted that he was administered the stuff, cctv footage of the players marching into the dodgy clinic like lemmings. Probably heaps more !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:The commentators on 3AW were suggesting the players will get off, but, the people in control of the team will be punished .

The commentators on 3AW are doing the same as we are doing on here; GUESSING !!