Round 14 Team v Richmond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Round 14 Team v Richmond

bergholt wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co.
Murdoch, Webster, Dunell, Newnes, Ross - surely there's a limit to the number of young mids you can have in one side?
He should have been playing before Ross & Murdoch throughout the year & Ross has been quite poor in past two weeks ...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
bergholt wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Yeah what a surprise poor old Tom LEDGER misses again ... Watters approach with Ledger/Curren has been no better than RL was with Steven/Armitage & co.
Murdoch, Webster, Dunell, Newnes, Ross - surely there's a limit to the number of young mids you can have in one side?
He should have been playing before Ross & Murdoch throughout the year & Ross has been quite poor in past two weeks ...

I think Murdoch can be more of a utility type as he's solid and long kicking. Dunell is playing that same type of forward or back or anywhere he's needed role. Newnes is a backman as is Webster but Armo and Steven are both clearance winning inside mids and then when Lenny comes back Armo is pushed elsewhere. He's been unlucky to not get games so far but there are obviously reasons why. He's probably just a little one dimensional to demand a place right now but things change.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Like to see Lenny ease on midway through the third when the pace is out of the game and pick up a lazy 12 touches...

Why's he playing at Ballarat

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Poor player management??? The guy can't kick a footy!
Saad has had numerous opportunities. Not too sure if he is a better kick than Tom. It's hard to have an opinion when he averages about 2 kicks per game.

My point. Why do some guys get chance after chance and some get donuts. :roll:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Saad has had numerous opportunities. Not too sure if he is a better kick than Tom. It's hard to have an opinion when he averages about 2 kicks per game.

Your saad flogging is becoming monotonous bro... the guy has kicked 41 goals in his first 27 games close to Milnes much vaunted 2/game ratio.

Yes he has struggled this year, along with about 15 others... but he's still our 3rd highest goal kicker, the guy is learning the game still.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

H
dragit wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Your saad flogging is becoming monotonous bro... the guy has kicked 41 goals in his first 27 games close to Milnes much vaunted 2/game ratio.

Yes he has struggled this year, along with about 15 others... but he's still our 3rd highest goal kicker, the guy is learning the game still.
My issue is that Ledger is not getting an opportunity, not the fact Saad has been gifted games he hasn't deserved. Not Ahmed's fault by the way. That is another point for discussion. 8-)

How many has he kicked by the way?

Saintsational Legend

The club always needs to delist players at the end of a season, Ledger , clearly, must be in the gun for ousting...it happens.

Curren may well walk with him

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We always seem to have a late change so perhaps we'll still see Ledg on Sunday. :?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:We always seem to have a late change so perhaps we'll still see Ledg on Sunday. :?
Never doubt the word of a good Dr.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:We always seem to have a late change so perhaps we'll still see Ledg on Sunday. :?
Never doubt the word of a good Dr.
So we might see a St. Ledger :lol:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Round 14 Team v Richmond - Final

tony74 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:In: Wright

Out: Simpkin

I/C: Newnes, Dunell, Ross, Murdoch

Emerg: Siposs, Ledger, Saad

Ledger misses out again..........
Don't bet on it.
I won't then - maybe Ledger will be another one of Watters Late changes :shock:

Might consider taking some of the Saints at the line of $1.90 +30.5 pts start
Also Saints are $5.25 U39.5 pts

Hold your ground :shock:
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

spot on wrote:Gotta give ledger a go, sippos in for simpkin, think newnes or Webster have a rest
Why does Ledger deserve a go? has he done more to knock out Newnes or Webster?

all this talk about him is he really that good or is he the new T Walsh...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
bergholt wrote:Murdoch, Webster, Dunell, Newnes, Ross - surely there's a limit to the number of young mids you can have in one side?
Ah, OK, I see. Watters not only needs to play the kids, he needs to play exactly the right kids?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
spot on wrote:Gotta give ledger a go, sippos in for simpkin, think newnes or Webster have a rest

Amazing really. Some people just think he has earned his opportunity with strong performances in the VFL. No one is suggesting he will even make the grade, let alone be a good player, just give him an opportunity so we can at least form an opinion. :roll:

8856brother wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:

Amazing really. Some people just think he has earned his opportunity with strong performances in the VFL. No one is suggesting he will even make the grade, let alone be a good player, just give him an opportunity so we can at least form an opinion. :roll:

Do you really think he wouldnt be playing if he is doing the right things at Sandy. I think it is hilarous firstly that some people suggest certain players should play but dont even see these guys play at Sandy. Not suggesting you do or dont but i can bet many dont but they somehow know more than SW and nearly as bad are people who watch him play and then look at the stats and say he deserves a game without knowing what the coaches are asking him to do during games. maybe he isnt doing what is asked. maybe he is playing a much poorer standard of footy and the coaches dont think he is up to AFL standard. maybe they are wrong but even if they are they still have much more information than any of us have on here.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who's ledger in for tony?

Scott talking about midfield supply.

Maybe he'll drop a forward?

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Not enough outside mids?

I think there is easily room for three inside mids in a team make-up; I feel Cockie and Ledger and Curren are inside options for the future, but Curren also as a half forward.

Right now inside mids; Armo, Steven, Ross (with Jones rotating or defensive forward). Then Lenny to come back next week.

Outside mids; Joey, Milera, Dal Santo (and half back), and possibly Dunell. In my opinion this is where we have missed Goddard/Gilbert, and as a result we are not hurting teams.

But this is being addressed if you look at our young guns who can either run and carry, or kick, or both; Newnes, Webster, Wright, Ross (Milera/Dunell)

I would like to see Ledger play. I think he is a potential good inside mid, but with a little bit of dash too; but his ball use has been criticised. I wonder if his tank is being monitored. He is, after all, Watters' blast boy.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
The Craw
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Who's ledger in for tony?

Scott talking about midfield supply.

Maybe he'll drop a forward?
I would say Dunell. No use playing him up forward if he doesn't have the confidence to have a shot at goal.

Not Craw, CRAW!
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

millarsaint wrote:
In my opinion this is where we have missed Goddard/Gilbert, and as a result we are not hurting teams.
Good point. When you add Gram to the mix we've lost our three main rebouding half backs from last year. You'd expect it to leave a hole.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
In my opinion this is where we have missed Goddard/Gilbert, and as a result we are not hurting teams.
Good point. When you add Gram to the mix we've lost our three main rebouding half backs from last year. You'd expect it to leave a hole.
We have added Roberton & Wright though, while obviously not as effective yet, both young and pretty exciting prospects... also Newnes & Webster have played when they might not have if BJ & Gram were still around.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
remboy wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
We have added Roberton & Wright though, while obviously not as effective yet, both young and pretty exciting prospects... also Newnes & Webster have played when they might not have if BJ & Gram were still around.
Roberton has been a great pick up. However, BJ and Gram played about 350 games between them, the four you've mentioned will probably be good long term players, but at the moment they've played about 50 games between them. We're just going to have to grin and bare it while the new guys get some experience.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
southernsaint
Club Player

To those of you who get to watch alot of Sandys games, who do you think is better Tom curren or Tom ledger? And how is young staley coming on? Could he make it as a key back in the future?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ledgers rushedness is the prob
clearance winner but then panics
needs to realize he actually has a bit of time for a correct disposal

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'd rest seb. Looks tired. Has been off his tucker last 2 weeks.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Will it be wet weather footy today in Melbourne?

If so, what team do you reckon that will suite? Might suit the in and under players like Ross and Armitage..

I would also leave Kosi out and bring in another small running type if its wet.