Dare to dream....finals in 2018?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dare to dream....finals in 2018?

Does that sound likely?

Forget top 4, that's a pipedream.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dare to dream....finals in 2018?

look at moi look at moi.

Considering you are making this prediction, we will probably play next year :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
noob
Club Player

Don't want to sound negative but we'll still be going backwards next year. We don't need Boyd. We need midfielders that know how to distribute the ball properly and go forward. Lost the Inside 50 count to Melbourne last week and got thrashed tonight.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

A dream? Yes. We would need to pick up about 7 stars in the draft over the next 2 years and that's unlikely. Look at Melbourne's tall players compared to us. They are way ahead of us in that department, and our midfield has little more depth than theirs, but they'll catch up quickly enough. By the end of next year, they'll have a better list than us, as will every club except maybe the Bulldogs. Hard times ahead. Who will play in our key positions beyond 2014?

70s sainter
Club Player

Terry Wallace just said on sen that the list watters has inherited from Lyon is 8 years off having any chance. Pretty negative I know but have to agree , we're lacking class in a massive way at a young level.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, but you're forgetting that Cameron, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Carlisle, O'Meara, Hogan, Prestia and Zac Dawson all come to us in trades in the next 2 years… We win our our third successive flag in 2018, I'm sure of it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Terry Wallace just said on sen that the list watters has inherited from Lyon is 8 years off having any chance. Pretty negative I know but have to agree , we're lacking class in a massive way at a young level.

That's crap. Where were Richmond in 2005? None of those players are there.

They started to get their list together staring from around 2008.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

70s sainter wrote:Terry Wallace just said on sen that the list watters has inherited from Lyon is 8 years off having any chance. Pretty negative I know but have to agree , we're lacking class in a massive way at a young level.
He forgot to say we are lacking class of any kind in the coaching box !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Dragit, is that David Cameron, Rodney Dangerfield, Paul Hogan, Maeve O'Meara, and Belinda Carlisle you're talking about? They'll make for an entertaining team.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Dragit, is that David Cameron, Rodney Dangerfield, Paul Hogan, Maeve O'Meara, and Belinda Carlisle you're talking about? They'll make for an entertaining team.

I could be quite entertained by Maeve O'Meara :D :D :D

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We will be better next year if we keep developing players. I think we will go up the ladder next year but not in the 8 probably 9th to 13th. We will still have some stars and guys like Gilbert and Fisher will sure up the backline along with who ever we get as FB. Lenny will probably go one more if his body makes it through the next half a season and we should get a bit more consistency from our kids we have been playing. I'm not so pessimistic. We are probably an extractor mid away from a quick jolt up a few places.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Terry Wallet would know. This is the clown-shoes that drafted Tambling ahead of Buddy and Roughead. Wallet now has the gall to call himself @thelistmanager. :shock:

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Let's be honest a fast rebound back up the ladder is miracles kind of stuff.

We will be down for the next two at least,then it depends on how wisely we use our good picks. We've got a few ok-good kids coming through,but need stars,which we'll get in the next 2-3 drafts. Accumulate enough talent,then the rise happens fairly quickly. Just need to ride it out for a couple of years,finishing 8th-12th will get us nowhere, look at North Melbourne, groundhog day every year with that club-middle of the ladder gets you nowhere,unless you are Sydney and get handed an extra 1mil in the cap. Two years of pain equal five years of gain

Patience is needed,lots and lots of beltings coming our way. We all knew it was coming two years ago,so not sure why such shock and horror now. We just have to bide our time,like Krudd,the tables will turn again

Bring back the Lockett era