2017 Premiership Side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kiedis
Club Player

Re: 2017 Premiership Side

dragit wrote:We love him cause he has guts, but he is a good honest battler really.
I concur. & he is one of my favourites!

Love when he breaks out & has a 30 possession game. or kicks 4.

Albeit once or twice a year..

I actually had really high hoped for Armo this year. Every indication he was taking his game to another level pre-season.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I will go in to bat for Armo- he's a hard man enforcer type and is a little bit of consistency and 5 disposals a week away from a gun player. No one knows how good they will be these guys but there are some positive signs especially Wrighty and Saunders IMO.

darylcowie
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:I like your optimism, DC. Love the username as well.

It has also occurred to me many time since GF II 2010 that we could perhaps take a leaf out of the filth's book. However, at this stage, it seems we have quite an uphill climb to get there within that same timeframe they got there.

Gotta say though, I don't think there's a snowflake's chance in hell that Terry Milera will even be an AFL footballer by the time 2017 rolls by. But like you said - stranger things have happened.
yep Sainternist, I'm a refugee from the 80s and daryl cowie was the epitome our team during that dismal era, in fact Iwould go so far as to say that he was extremely close to our worst player to ever play 50 games (talk about great white hopes that never delivered!)

Back to present times, yep, Milera is a stretch, but I was looking for a bit of X factor in our midfield and crossing my fingers very firmly that he would spend some serious time in the gym and learn how to lay a serious tackle! (remember Leon Davis?)

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I like your optimism, DC. Love the username as well.

It has also occurred to me many time since GF II 2010 that we could perhaps take a leaf out of the filth's book. However, at this stage, it seems we have quite an uphill climb to get there within that same timeframe they got there.

Gotta say though, I don't think there's a snowflake's chance in hell that Terry Milera will even be an AFL footballer by the time 2017 rolls by. But like you said - stranger things have happened.
yep Sainternist, I'm a refugee from the 80s and daryl cowie was the epitome our team during that dismal era, in fact Iwould go so far as to say that he was extremely close to our worst player to ever play 50 games (talk about great white hopes that never delivered!)

Back to present times, yep, Milera is a stretch, but I was looking for a bit of X factor in our midfield and crossing my fingers very firmly that he would spend some serious time in the gym and learn how to lay a serious tackle! (remember Leon Davis?)
I like your expression of "refugee". I also started following the mighty Saints in that era. It seemed almost fun back then because it was like we had nothing to lose. People had a good time regardless. If there was another sporting entity similar to St Kilda FC, I would have to say we're a lot like the Chicago Cubs :lol:

Poor old Daryl Cowie wasn't too crash hot, was he? The Daryl ( "Fader" Cunningham) was also of the same ilk, but fortunately we had the great Joffa to bring a little more pride to the Cunningham name.

Interesting you have compared Milera to Davis. Seems like a long shot, but to Terry's credit he does have some natural ability. He would really need to dig deep and be prepared go all out if he aspires to be taken notice of as a Davis-type player.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Serious

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Roberton has had a good year, but I reckon he had a poor game today and I've noticed last couple of games he's struggled to beat his opponent.

Not sure he knows how to tackle properly. Either he needs some work on the track or cannot see these sorts of efforts see him retain his spot in the 2017 side

JohnE
Club Player

Raph Clarke managed to do it...!

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
darylcowie
Club Player

Scollop wrote:Roberton has had a good year, but I reckon he had a poor game today and I've noticed last couple of games he's struggled to beat his opponent.

Not sure he knows how to tackle properly. Either he needs some work on the track or cannot see these sorts of efforts see him retain his spot in the 2017 side
Mark my words, he will become our next Eel!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!